• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fine.  LOL. 5 of them. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Straycat said:

I see your point, but its not like they had to postpone a Sandman fix until they figured out Gambit.
    But they did.  If they adjusted Sandman before "fixing" Gambit there would have been riots in the streets.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah truthfully gambit had to be handled 1st
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    I would imagine that any re-works would prioritize 3* and 4* characters over 5* ones like Banner / Wasp. The obvious reason would be that 95% or more of the player base is *not* in 5* land and wouldn't benefit (or care) from any updates to 5* characters. Oh the other hand buffing some unloved 3 and 4* characters would go a long way to helping players in those tiers.

I know the counter argument is going to be the big spenders / whales are in 5* land and that's obviously true but those players are chasing new characters, not those already banished to the dilution of classics (with Wasp being the exception for a few more weeks so she literally needs a buff this offseason if it's ever going to be meaningful).

KGB
    While I see this point, if the character is so bad that people don't want it, it hurts their desire to chase for it, which is what keeps this game going.  1 or 2 is fine, but there's a critical mass where getting too many useless characters would kill the desire to try for 5* at all.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nightcrawler and Gwenpool too
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    KGB said:
    I would imagine that any re-works would prioritize 3* and 4* characters over 5* ones like Banner / Wasp. The obvious reason would be that 95% or more of the player base is *not* in 5* land and wouldn't benefit (or care) from any updates to 5* characters. Oh the other hand buffing some unloved 3 and 4* characters would go a long way to helping players in those tiers.

I know the counter argument is going to be the big spenders / whales are in 5* land and that's obviously true but those players are chasing new characters, not those already banished to the dilution of classics (with Wasp being the exception for a few more weeks so she literally needs a buff this offseason if it's ever going to be meaningful).

KGB
    While I see this point, if the character is so bad that people don't want it, it hurts their desire to chase for it, which is what keeps this game going.  1 or 2 is fine, but there's a critical mass where getting too many useless characters would kill the desire to try for 5* at all.
    I agree with what you say. I was just hoping it wasn't going to take *years* to re-balance say the 3* tier. I know forum members would list ad nauseam characters or specific powers on 3* than needed tweaking but I was more imagining that one of the monthly surveys would ask players to select 5 3* characters most in need of a buff (ie pick 5 worst 3*s). Then based on the survey those 5 characters would be adjusted (there are endless suggestions over the years so its not like they lack ideas) in one season update. If that buffed the worst 5 characters that should cover the 3* tier (the bottom 5 are really bad compared to the rest).

Then they could so something similar with the 4* tier only pick 2 per monthly questionaire to buff and repeat that for say 5 months to upgrade the worst 10 4*.

Finally start on the 5*s, and pick 1 per monthly questionaire to buff.

KGB
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    nightcrawler is fine, even better that you know what you're bamfing.  gwenpool is situationally great.  not every character needs to be carol. banner and doc ock are so much worse than the rest of the tier.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nightcrawler is fine, even better that you know what you're bamfing.  gwenpool is situationally great.  not every character needs to be carol. banner and doc ock are so much worse than the rest of the tier.
    I believe it was about all the ways someone can go airborne. Gwenpool was already mentioned though.  :)