What do you hope to see in the future?

Options
SinisterOne
SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
After reading and commenting on the Monocolored Planeswalker discussion I started thinking about what I would like to see in the future of MTGPQ.  I've come up with a short list of what I would like to see. I also am curious as to what you all would like to see.

1. A rebalancing of the current Planeswalkers is a must have especially for the Origins five but some others need a rework or rebalancing (Arlinn and Chandra2).

2. New Monocolored identities. What I mean by this is new Planeswalkers in black and blue that aren't Liliana, Jace, Tezzeret, or Ob. With M19 White has Gideon1, 2, 3 and Elspeth and Ajani3; Red has Chanfra1, 2 and Jaya, Koth, and Sarkhan2; Green has Nissa1, 2 and Garruk and Vivien (at least she will is coming soon); but blue has Jace1, 2, 3 and Tezzeret1, 3 and black has just Liliana (about to be 4) and Ob Nixilis. I know this partially is due to paper but a special release of the original Tamiyo would help blue and a release of the original Sorin (aka Sorin Markov) could be a way for D3 and Oktagon to fill this gap in.

3. As many people have said and this has partially been done an increase in rewards would help a lot of people. The newest events (TDW and JtH) are giving somewhat better than older events but reworking the old events to be on par with the would be a leap forward.

4. TG that either has a toggle (standard or legacy) or two a day. 

5. Pinkies in TG rewards. Increasing the wins to complete to 5 and have the rewards as:

1- runes
2- runes
3- pinkies (1 @ bronze, 2 @ silver , 3@ gold, 4 @ platinum) or do 3 for all.
4- runes 
5- crystals

The pinkies would help players get the Mythics and MPs but even at 4 for platinum it would take a month to get a rare+ pack (30 days) and 100 days or just over 3 months to get mythic+. This is without any other source.

What would you all like to see?

Comments

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What I would like to see is the level cap relaxed and a bit of player customisation of walkers introduced.

Allow walkers to be levelled to maybe 100- BUT make us use them to do it- award real xp points for each fight from level 60 upwards. Even if it’s only 1 per fight and say 61 points needed for level 61- 62 for level 62 etc.

i don’t think new abilities are needed just from my point of view 1 extra life point added per level and at 70/80/90/100 the ability to purchase a +1 mana gain in any colour for runes (number tba). This purchase can be made at any point after the level is reached.

there maybe problems with matchmaking in pvp but if at level 60 you face up to level 70 and 70+ faces off against anything up to 100 I don’t foresee too many problems in the short term.
    i think it’s most likely players will focus on their most used walkers for levelling ( which should mean similar level opponents available) but I for one would likely use sorin and Sarkhan 1 a lot more if their respective life totals and mana gains were just a touch more practical.

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There aren't remotely enough runes available to level all planeswalkers to 60. To me this looks like a solution to a problem nobody really has. Matchmaking is bugged enough already, so it's probably not a good idea to have them introduce a new source of bugs.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They could change every level-up 'better regeneration'-bonus to '+1deck slot' or is anyone really needing better regen? 

• UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Less bugs
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quick battle!
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Legacy boostercraft by sets.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Story Mode!

...more of it
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, I guess I'll be that guy who says... 

communication
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Them using the in-game Inbox to actually communicate with their players on a regular basis, like, say, every other mobile game that exists.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't see any necessity to rebalancing the walkers.  There's 44 walkers in the game at present.  Some are going to be better than others.  In Trial of the Planes, you can fairly readily beat a Tier 1 walker playing an all-mythic deck who is drawing double cards, gaining double mana and dealing double damage.  Even if you're playing a lower tier walker and all you have is commons and uncommons.

I would like to see more control over the prizes that I earn from any given event.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to flip a switch and choose whether I'm competing for gold, purple things, blue things, packs or specific cards. 

If the game designers want us to play more tier 2 and tier 3 walkers, I'd be fine with earning extra prizes for playing those walkers.  Like, maybe in Training Grounds, if your 4 wins are with different walkers, you win some extra gold.  And maybe if your 4 walkers are different from the walkers you won with the day before, you get some extra extra gold.  And maybe if you win 7 events in a week with 28 different walkers, you get some extra extra extra gold.

And maybe if you would rather prioritize some other type of prize, you could choose to be competing for blue things or purple things or packs or specific cards or runes.
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    EDHdad said:
    I don't see any necessity to rebalancing the walkers.  There's 44 walkers in the game at present.  Some are going to be better than others.
    I agree that this is true but at the same time there shouldn't be unplayable Planeswalkers. Chandra2 and Arlinn are unplayable outside of Legacy and they rarely are played in Legacy. That is why I think they should be reworked so that they could be useable in Standard. Arlinn's plight has been discussed in length since the Standard/Legacy division was first implemented. Chandra2 has been lackluster from her addition to the game albeit she did see some play while Kaladesh was standard legal.

Chandra2 has no link to the paper version and if they reworked her to line up with her paper card then she could be solid.

Chandra, Torch of Defiance has 4 abilities...

Her first ability would be difficult to implement in game. Her second which generates mana could be easily translated to...

Level 1: Gain 2 Mana
    Level 2: Gain 4 Mana
    Level 3: Gain 6 Mana
    Level 4: Gain 8 Mana

Her third ability is 4 damage to a creature. Again easily translated. 

Level 1: Deal 4 damage to your opponent's first creature.
    Level 2: Deal 6 damage to your opponent's first creature. 
    Level 3: Deal 6 damage to your opponent's first creature and 2 damage to their other creatures.
    Level 4: Deal 8 damage to your opponent's first creature and 2 damage to their other creatures.

Her last ability while it has similarities to the paper version already it could be reworked by dropping the dependency to energy but otherwise remain the same.

She would be playable if this was her ability suite... and potentially powerful.

The Origins five really need a minor boost. Their abilities are nice but mana gains and health are way below everyone else. There are what only 6 walkers with sub100 health at max level? Sorin (82), Tezzeret1 (99), Nissa1 (98), Liliana1 (94), Jace1 (88), Chandra1 (82). And Tezzeret1, Liliana1 and Nissa1 are fine being that close. But Chandra1 being so low is her biggest weakest and even evening her up with Jace1 would be a huge improvement. Sorin is a bit argumentative because he can gain life so easily but Ajani2 can gain life easier and his max health is what 120+? So, Sorin in my opinion should get a health boost.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing them update some of the walkers with narrow abilities which were only relevant in certain blocks.  Example, Allies, Energy, Cycling.  But I don't foresee them putting much effort into doing so.  They'd probably rather design and sell a new walker than update an old one.

It's possible that some new cards will make an old walker suddenly get a second look.  Gideon I's ability to give creatures vigilance and flying isn't terrible with all the recent first strike creatures, for example. 

But again, even if they give a minor upgrade to Chandra 2, why am I playing her over Koth?  Or Saheeli Rai?  Or Nicol Bolas?  Or Angrath?   And if people do abandon those walkers in droves, then do they need to be rebalanced?  And if so, to what end? 

There are walkers I haven't looked at or played with in years.  If they want me to dust them off and play them, then just give me a reason.  But that reason isn't going to be that Tezzeret I now produces an extra mana on a green match.  Extra gold for playing Tezzeret in Training Grounds is a reason.  A bonus 3-pack is a reason.  Something like that. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Well, I guess I'll be that guy who says... 

communication
    Yeah, I'll jump on that train as well..understanding each other would be something new here.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    A new publisher that cares

Man i am just really sorry but i am super disappointed with things. 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sarahschmara said:
    Clarity; using consistent wording on cards and objectives.
    I'll 2nd this and add making the card's effects match the wording, and vice-versa.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One of the most satisfying things in life is giving.  It would be nice to be able to buy a gift pack for your coalition or at least for another person.  I could imagine that would be good business for everyone.  
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    One of the most satisfying things in life is giving.  It would be nice to be able to buy a gift pack for your coalition or at least for another person.  I could imagine that would be good business for everyone.  
    Only issue I can see here is people abusing this with multiple accounts in one coalition. Would provide an avenue to funnel resources from other accounts into a main. Otherwise, though, it’s a nice concept. Would be cool if veteran players of a coalition could send cards, resources, packs to new players.