Player Feedback Survey Discussion (with bonus 5th Anniversary questions!)

Options

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I went with the following;

Rating 4
    Reason is Dilution is just killing the game for me, it takes way to long to cover 5 stars and i just wanna build fun and exciting teams with out taking a loan out to do it.

Improvement

Custom Season packs
    You pick three 5*s and twelve 4 Stars that have higher draw rates. This pack is locked for the season and you can't pick the same people 2 seasons in a row.  Make it Cost 25cp. This will allow people to build there rosters the way they want to and have slightly more control on what they pull.

3* Luke Cage
    He was one of my goto's back in the day, help save so many health packs

4* Vulture 
    Love the character art and the move set

5* Jessica Jones
    I've taken a real liking to her. I love hunting the trap tiles, nothing makes me happier than when i get one on the first move

PVP Earth's Mighties
    I dunno why, maybe because the majority of my characters are boosted for this event. 

Boss Event : Come and Get me
    Normally my alliance splits down the middle in Civil War, and the Thanos event we consistently max out or get really high in.

PVE Heart of Darkness
    I like all the tokens and its an easy event 

Support: I dont like supports but i picked Wasp Gauntlets because there the only one i could think of.

Extra Events : I went Non competitive. Sometimes you want a game mode you dont feel rushed to complete and not fighting for top placement. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    People have miss read the last question. Non competitive events are not for free, it what you are willing to pay for. Hence the words “what offers.....”

They didn’t make it clear enough that they were basically asking what you would pay for. I just voted supports as they are rare anyway and I wouldn’t pay for any of that other stuff.
    It also says at the bottom of my choices;

'New 4-star and 5-star characters'

Upon further review, i can see how someone could assume they meant these would all be additional things for purchase. 

That said, the optimist in me wants to believe they just worded it poorly, just because i have been around long enough to see them word things poorly often enough.
    No it's exactly as I said sadly, devs were surprised on discord so many people would pay for new single player content. They then apologised for the poor wording. All that stuff is basically what would you pay for.
    Tinykitty

It's tinykitty that they worded it so poorly, it's tinykitty that we only get that info from discord, and it's tinykitty that i have to type out tinykitty 5 times

I'm going to log back in, retake the survey, and lower my rating.  I forgot how much i hate that their presence on discord dwarfs their presence on the official forum
    And to think I actually upped my rating up to a 7 instead of my normal 4-5.  It felt like they were making inroads into improving the game.  Sure, some things were misguided or implemented badly, but at least they were trying.  Now to hear that there's all this dev discussion on Discord that addresses one of the biggest issues with PVE (new content), by saying that they want to paywall it.  T-I-N-Y-K-I-T-T-Y (this is the first time I've used this "word" in this forum...)   

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options

I answer every recommend survey question low.  I can't recommend this for someone starting out new.  There's so little guidance in game to help.

Fave characters: Strang3, America, Thor

Skipped the supports question

Best PVP is Combined Arms - though they now need to create Combined Arms 2 with 3/4/5 characters

PVE Strange Sights for rewards, Boss Civil War for the same

The last question like most I selected more single player stuff, though I'd not pay for it.  None of the other options are even close to something that I think this game needs. 

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Favorite 3* daredevil

4* Kraven (I just dont use him much since he is so niche.)

5* doc ock. I love the silliness of his design and trying to get his green to do its thing.

Balance of power

Enemy of the state

Spidey vs sinister 6

single player non competitive stuff.

I asked that they do something, anything with the prologue. Make it disappear after I earn all rewards or turn it into a sandbox mode.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    People have miss read the last question. Non competitive events are not for free, it what you are willing to pay for. Hence the words “what offers.....”

They didn’t make it clear enough that they were basically asking what you would pay for. I just voted supports as they are rare anyway and I wouldn’t pay for any of that other stuff.
    It also says at the bottom of my choices;

'New 4-star and 5-star characters'

Upon further review, i can see how someone could assume they meant these would all be additional things for purchase. 

That said, the optimist in me wants to believe they just worded it poorly, just because i have been around long enough to see them word things poorly often enough.
    No it's exactly as I said sadly, devs were surprised on discord so many people would pay for new single player content. They then apologised for the poor wording. All that stuff is basically what would you pay for.
    Tinykitty

It's tinykitty that they worded it so poorly, it's tinykitty that we only get that info from discord, and it's tinykitty that i have to type out tinykitty 5 times

I'm going to log back in, retake the survey, and lower my rating.  I forgot how much i hate that their presence on discord dwarfs their presence on the official forum
    And to think I actually upped my rating up to a 7 instead of my normal 4-5.  It felt like they were making inroads into improving the game.  Sure, some things were misguided or implemented badly, but at least they were trying.  Now to hear that there's all this dev discussion on Discord that addresses one of the biggest issues with PVE (new content), by saying that they want to paywall it.  T-I-N-Y-K-I-T-T-Y (this is the first time I've used this "word" in this forum...)   

Think it was my first time typing it out as well.  Just look at the people that have responded in this thread.  *Most* seem to have read it like you and i, yet they are "surprised" it was misunderstood. 

@Brigby

Any chance they can scrap this survey and put up a new one, with better wording?   It seems almost disingenuous to use the results with such a large misconception.  I can see it now, they spend time putting out a new, unpopular thing (cough supports all over again cough) and then talk on discord with a few dozen people about how "surprised" they are that no one is buying it.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Funnily enough, I put communication with the official forum as my biggest complaint.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any chance they can scrap this survey and put up a new one, with better wording?   It seems almost disingenuous to use the results with such a large misconception.  I can see it now, they spend time putting out a new, unpopular thing (cough supports all over again cough) and then talk on discord with a few dozen people about how "surprised" they are that no one is buying it.
    Maybe the small subset of users that are on Discord were the ones that wanted supports ;).  

I've tried getting in on Discord, but it's such a discombobulated mess to this old fogey.  Since there are devs on Discord, what should happen is that they should post a weekly review on this "official" forum.  I say "official" because it feels like all the info gets vetted through Discord and then maaaaaybe finds it way to us here...
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    JHawkInc said:

Favorite support? I'm going to pick an Infinity Stone so they feel bad about putting them in a place where only the upper crust have hopes of getting to use them. Don't think it'll help much, but even making the Master tokens hard to earn, and only having the Stones available as Rank 5, would be better than the current situation.

I haven't taken the survey yet (but I intend to), is none and option?   ;)

Also I don't think picking an Infinity Stone will make them feel bad.  They want people to want to chase them and having that be the clear favorite I would assume would make them feel they made the right decision.
    I
     didn't put anything in favorite pvp or favorite support and it let me submit
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The is great at 2-3 levels usually most of my friends who like it kind of burn out there because they have to throw away 4's or because it just takes to much grinding to keep up.

Then there are those in 5 land that want more to do but don't have anything, if you have a strong 5 roster or teams you should be able to flex your muscle here and there.

Optional events that are "HARD" and give good rewards for there difficulty, even if its shorter time events that lock you out of other events. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't know about anybody else, but I don't fill out those surveys.  Why?  Because they always, always interrupt my timed plays.  If they showed up first thing EST like when I'm playing DDQ I would answer them.  But, no, they always show up when I'm in middle of two hour window when mini-event is about to be over.  Could something please be done about that?  Thanks.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know about anybody else, but I don't fill out those surveys.  Why?  Because they always, always interrupt my timed plays.  If they showed up first thing EST like when I'm playing DDQ I would answer them.  But, no, they always show up when I'm in middle of two hour window when mini-event is about to be over.  Could something please be done about that?  Thanks.  
    You do not have to do them right away. I closed mine out played a bit hit the today's news button under settings and the survey was there.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Persephone

You can always go to setting and click "TODAY'S NEWS" to do the survey if you didn't have the time to do so when they first prompted you.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Just as a general note: While we are reading the responses to the survey itself (duh, why would we have one otherwise), posts like these with more information as to the reasoning behind choices are also *really* helpful for us. Thanks, as always for the responses!

Edit: And yes, before anyone asks, that includes the "Communicate more here!" comments.
    Is there any reason you can't include optional text boxes (with all most questions) in the survey so people that want to give it directly there can?  A lot of these could be misconstrued and it would be nice for anyone that wants to give the best info possible (even if they never come to the forums, discord, reddit, etc.)
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I clearly was not thinking or reading carefully when I filled out the survey. If I had considered that favorite character would factor into Anniversary stores, I would have picked Thano5 or 5trange for favorite 5* instead of Okoye. 

As for the offers question, I probably still would have picked single player stuff though my biggest hope is that they'll somehow find a way to monetize 5* rebalances 
  • Persephone
    Options
    Thanks, HoundofShadow and tiomon.  I totally forgot about that button.  
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    broll said:
    IceIX said:
    Just as a general note: While we are reading the responses to the survey itself (duh, why would we have one otherwise), posts like these with more information as to the reasoning behind choices are also *really* helpful for us. Thanks, as always for the responses!

Edit: And yes, before anyone asks, that includes the "Communicate more here!" comments.
    Is there any reason you can't include optional text boxes (with all most questions) in the survey so people that want to give it directly there can?  A lot of these could be misconstrued and it would be nice for anyone that wants to give the best info possible (even if they never come to the forums, discord, reddit, etc.)
    We can, but we've found that surveys that inundate people with text boxes all over cause a lot of people that would click/tap some tick boxes to just shut down and not do it in the first place. So we may get more reasoning and such in answers, but we'd get far less overall. Which, when trying to take a player poll is kind of counterproductive.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please more non competitive events, perhaps something that gets us to use different characters.
  • Persephone
    Options

I didn’t put this on the survey because when I filled it out I was too busy thinking about wanting individual boss events when it came to the question about improvement.   Also, this is way too long to type into the survey.

Here is another thing I would like to see improved.  It may be an unpopular opinion, but I do think it’ll help the game in the long run.    

I think the SR for entering PVE SCL needs to be adjusted.

My SR is 79, which means I can play PVE SVL 9.  I don’t play at that level and I refuse to.  Here’s why.    

Right before SCL 9 was created, I did play SCL 8.  At that point, I had no champed 4* (I still don’t have any) and I barely had any 4* at all.   I had no 5*.  My 3*’s were either in the beginning of the champed state or I was still trying to cover them.  I died a horrible death in the last three nodes repeatedly, no matter the story event.  I was lucky if I made Top 200.    I never made it to full progression, and I was lucky if I passed the 50 HP point range. 

I was incredibly frustrated.   I wondered: Why was I allowed to play at such a high level when I didn’t have the roster to match the enemy’s levels? 

I can see newbies walking away at this point.  I almost did.  I did not because I love watching the Marvel characters come to life and match-3 puzzles are my favorite. 

Then, I realized something:  Despite having the SR to allow entrance does not mean my roster has the ability to play there. 

When I came to that realization, I stopped playing at SCL 8.  I dropped back down to SCL 4.  I was Top 50 for the first time ever.  I won actual real awards.  Now, I play anywhere between SCL 4 to 7 depending on who is essential and boosted and the story event.   I am always in Top 50 because I ignore the SR to SCL ratio and simply go with what I know my roster can do. 

I still don’t have the ability to play at SCL 9 and I won’t for a long time.  Also, I still don’t have the ability to play at SCL 8 because of having no champed 4*.   Yes, the forum gives great advice on how to beat certain teams.  But, if you don’t have those 4* characters leveled to a certain degree, that advice is not useful.  I still must rely on my 3* characters.  When you get into SCL 8 and 9, one really needs to have a champed 4* or close to it.

My recommendation?  Shift the requiring starting SR for SCL up by five (except for SCL 1).  Veterans would not be affected by this at all.  I think it was also help the newcomers to keep building and champing their 3* before they venture into 4* land and it would reduce their frustrations.