Thank You for the Loki Feeder - CONTINUE THIS PRACTICE!

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
There are a couple of threads that include this discussion, but I wanted to dedicate one in appreciation of D3 giving Loki a feeder at the front end, in the same way that they did with Wasp. 

I hate hoarding tokens, and have completely sworn it off after deciding to follow the @entrailbucket method. That leaves me at a disadvantage for the first PvE featuring a new 5* for the most part. There was a very good chance that I wouldn't have even a single cover and therefore not be able to hit the 5E or compete. 

Now? That fear is largely gone. I do wish that there were some older feeders, but I am struggling to find a reason to complain at the moment. B)

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    May I inquire as to what is the @entrailbucket method?  I am relatively new to the forum, so I don't know what you mean.  Thanks.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    May I inquire as to what is the @entrailbucket method?  I am relatively new to the forum, so I don't know what you mean.  Thanks.
    I'm not new and I have no clue what this is either.  lol
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    There are basically two trains of thought: hoard and wait for a good batch of latest 5*'s or spend as you go. An argument can be made for each style but since not all 5*'s are NOT created equally (see: Wasp), I'd much rather have a stronger good 5* than a poorly designed one you will never see outside of the essential 5* PVE node.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bucket is pulling all classics for his CPs.  This is what Zero is doing now and what he is referring too.  For Zero, and yes I can speak for him a bit since he is my ally mate whether he likes it or not LOL, he is pulling classics and now has almost a 500 Thanos.  If you have a lot of classics champed and there are many many good ones in there, this might be the right move to build some of them into a massive level.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bucket is pulling all classics for his CPs.  This is what Zero is doing now and what he is referring too.  For Zero, and yes I can speak for him a bit since he is my ally mate whether he likes it or not LOL, he is pulling classics and now has almost a 500 Thanos.  If you have a lot of classics champed and there are many many good ones in there, this might be the right move to build some of them into a massive level.  
    It's also a good way to ensure you're locked into the same team in PVP for the next 5 years since there's a good chance that your Okoye will be 35+ levels behind your old classics when she leaves latest, and won't ever catch up.

Unless you believe the game will be around for another 5 years of course, and you'll get everyone to 550.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I did the classics as they come method from the announcement of mega save banks until about 1.5-2 weeks ago.  At that point I decided Okoye is too good to leave to chance.  I'm hoarding till Loki comes in then chasing after her.  Win, lose, or draw I intend to back to classics after I champ Okoye or she enters classics.

My reasoning is opposite from bucket's, I want to get them all champed, then I'll probably return to hoarding latest. Feeders will greatly speed that up.
  • Persephone
    I think I understand now.  Thanks!
  • Bowgentle
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:
    It's also a good way to ensure you're locked into the same team in PVP for the next 5 years since there's a good chance that your Okoye will be 35+ levels behind your old classics when she leaves latest, and won't ever catch up.

Unless you believe the game will be around for another 5 years of course, and you'll get everyone to 550.

I'm doing it because I personally don't find enjoyment in abstaining from opening tokens for an undetermined amount of time.  I have seen people go the mega-hoarding route. They end up with......3 characters that they will always use for PvP until they break another hoard, since those 3 characters are 60 levels higher than the rest of their roster, sometimes much more than that. 

To each their own. If you mega-hoarded for Gambit you were loving life until you weren't. I'm moving at a pace that suits me. The prospect of saving enough tokens to get a character to level 500 would make me tempted to delete the game entirely, while some others enjoy waiting months and months for any roster progress just because they will have some big toys at the end of it. 

More directly to the point above. My Okoye is 460. She'll likely be 470 or some such when she leaves Latest tokens. At level 460, she is still capable of beating level 500+ teams when paired with a Thor, especially when Valkyrie is featured. She doesn't really need to catch up. 
    I'm not hoarding, I hate the concept.

But I don't like splitting my draws, I'm sticking to Latest only, drawing as I go.

Usually gives me 470s, which is about the average of my 5s.

I'm really not interested to add champ levels to mediocre stuff like Starlord or Goblin.
  • ZeroKarma
    Bowgentle said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:

I'm doing it because I personally don't find enjoyment in abstaining from opening tokens for an undetermined amount of time.  I have seen people go the mega-hoarding route. They end up with......3 characters that they will always use for PvP until they break another hoard, since those 3 characters are 60 levels higher than the rest of their roster, sometimes much more than that. 

To each their own. If you mega-hoarded for Gambit you were loving life until you weren't. I'm moving at a pace that suits me. The prospect of saving enough tokens to get a character to level 500 would make me tempted to delete the game entirely, while some others enjoy waiting months and months for any roster progress just because they will have some big toys at the end of it. 

More directly to the point above. My Okoye is 460. She'll likely be 470 or some such when she leaves Latest tokens. At level 460, she is still capable of beating level 500+ teams when paired with a Thor, especially when Valkyrie is featured. She doesn't really need to catch up. 

But I don't like splitting my draws, I'm sticking to Latest only, drawing as I go.

I'm really not interested to add champ levels to mediocre stuff like Starlord or Goblin.

I'm also considering the bonus 4* and 5* covers in terms of volume. Since most draws will give you 4* anyways, 100cp will give you either 4 of them, or 5. Boosted 4* are a ton of fun with those extra levels on them. 
  • Bowgentle
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:

I'm also considering the bonus 4* and 5* covers in terms of volume. Since most draws will give you 4* anyways, 100cp will give you either 4 of them, or 5. Boosted 4* are a ton of fun with those extra levels on them. 
    I know, I'm building dupes.
    Actually trying to slow down because I'm entering HP crunch again lol.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Bowgentle said:

But Wasp excites you??
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

But Wasp excites you??
    Totally thrilled... At least until she got champed, whereupon she joined all the others in the pit of 'meh' more champ levels. 
  • Bowgentle
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

But Wasp excites you??
    No, but since there's no avoiding her if I want more Okoye I'll just have to live with extra levels on her.

Will be nice company for my 473 Archangel who decided that he wanted to be big, too.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    edited August 2018
    I guess the nature of my hoarding is more philosophical. I do not want to reward bad character design. I wouldn't touch Wasp with a 10-foot pole. She is literally hot garbage and it makes no sense to me why she was released (just as it made no sense as to why Gambit was released as he was, but that's another thread somewhere).

So if there are some number of us that are not using LT's while she is in the latest pool, hopefully the devs take notice and consider character design more before releasing bad toons.
  • Persephone
    I've been transitioning into 4* land for a little over a month now.  While I do understand the concept of hoarding, I don't see myself doing that.  How else am I going to cover my 4* if I don't open up Classics or Latest tokens?  I'm not looking to completely cover one character.  I need to cover all the 4* in all the colors (except Dino and Howard; I don't have them) because none of them are champed and none are close to that state.  So, to me, hoarding makes no sense.  
  • ZeroKarma
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I guess the nature of my hoarding is more philosophical. I do not want to reward bad character design. I wouldn't touch Wasp with a 10-foot pole. She is literally hot garbage and it makes no sense to me why she was released (just as it made no sense as to why Gambit was released as he was, but that's another thread somewhere).

So if there are some number of us that are not using LT's while she is in the latest pool, hopefully the devs take notice and consider character design more before releasing bad toons.

Unfortunately, hot garbage though she is, she'll be essential in PvE for a long time coming. 
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    @Persephone - Don't worry about the hoarding discussion for now; hoarding is for either moving to the 5* tier or to progress there (and as this discussion goes, there's quite a bit to consider). Until you have a good stable of 4* champs, just pull classics with CP and use your latests.

As for this discussion, I'm with ZeroKarma; I don't play as much as he does, but I'm not going to hoard like that again, and with the elimination of cover swaps I'm not going to risk 11 cover 5* graduating out of latest. There are both good and bad characters in classics and the slow progress along with more 4* champ levels pleases me.

• Persephone
    Thanks, @abominatrix!  That was helpful.