The First 10 Years Celebration! Week 2 (8/14/18)

13»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    An Alliance buddy pointed out War Machine seems to have been skipped in PvP rewards, so he may be the other reward next week. He'd make a good feeder for fivestar Iron Man.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    War Machine is certainly possible and is due as a PVP reward whenever they resume normal rewards. I still lean towards Mordo feeding Strange since they are on the loading screen, and otherwise they haven’t featured anyone from that side (magic) of the MCU.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    War Machine is certainly possible and is due as a PVP reward whenever they resume normal rewards. I still lean towards Mordo feeding Strange since they are on the loading screen, and otherwise they haven’t featured anyone from that side (magic) of the MCU.
    Wasp is the next "regular" PvP fourstar reward, and War Machine should come Before her, so he seems to be skipped.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    bluewolf said:
    Speaking of the loading screen, I wish the Defenders got a shout. Put 4* Luke/Danny and 5* Jess/Matt all on the same splash screen. Could have been a cool little homage to the Netflix corner of the MCU. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    smkspy said:
    Bzhai said:
    If this patterns continues my guest is Dr Strange and Iron Man will be the next two to get feeders. 
    What’s the pattern that makes you think those two are next?
    Since they're MCU characters. Could easily be Okoye and Strange though.

My hope is they fast track everyone getting a feeder than start slowly adding dupe feeders. I know, hard flung dream there, but we really do need duel feeders with how slow individual 4 progress happens.
    This threads implies that Shuri will be the featured 4* in PvE after Winter Soldier (based on placement rewards from Webbed Wonder). Following the MEHulk trend, I'm guessing her feeding Okoye is one of the next two (assuming there is two) feeders during this glorious MCU-10 celebration.

The second is anyone's guess, but my gut says Strange.
    Shuri is 100% the perfect choice for Okoye feeder despite her newest imo. But if Strange is the paired 5, it would really be a weak move by the devs to select Wiccan over Mordo.

Without a doubt Mordo would give a lot of covers to people since he was a twelve for a long period, but that selection would be the best choice. Not just because of the tie-in, but the good will it would generate with players. Sometimes got to give a little to get more in return.

Concerning Banner, other than some obvious choices, devs would really show their intent for feeders if they selected iron spider man...I could see it happening.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:

Shuri is 100% the perfect choice for Okoye feeder despite her newest imo. 
    Putting aside that there isn't a good choice besides Shuri, if they make Shuri a feeder for Okoye next week, it will be exactly 6 months after her release. I'd call 6 months a fair length of time... it isn't as good as the years for ones like XFW and Kingpin, but it's not the 2.5 months for Black Panther and Jubilee either.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:

Concerning Banner, other than some obvious choices, devs would really show their intent for feeders if they selected iron spider man...I could see it happening.
    I don’t know why these comments bother me, but they do. Three of my highest leveled 4s (Gamora, Vulture, Hulk) all have feeders. My second highest (Rogue) will likely feed Gambit at some point as well. 

Have they made some questionable choices (like Jubilee to Phoenix, Drax to Star-Lord), of course. But they’ve been really ramping up the feeders, gave Loki a fat feeder upon release, oh and that great cover save feature which has made waste almost obsolete. But if Iron Spidey  feeds the worst 5* in the game, you “know their intentions?  Feels like a lot of “what have you done for me lately” on the boards. Though if I’m misunderstanding I do apologize. Don’t mean to be rude, I just want to speak to the other side. 
  • Quebbster
    Another thing to consider: So far all the selected new feeders during the celebration have been MCU characters, released as MCU tie-ins (Hulk and Valkyrie for Ragnarok, Black Widow for Infinity War, and Winter Soldier for Civil War.). If they give 5trange a feeder at this Point Mordo would fit the pattern a whole lot better than Wiccan. I suppose they could go with Nico who was released as a Runaways tiein, but so far it has been Movies only.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not go Nova for 5strange. 3 strange feeds Nova to then feed 5 strange.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    jtmagee said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby ....how many weeks is this celebration?  2 and done? 3? 4? 52? 7,000?

....just kidding :p
    Hahaha!! Yes!!
    That's fair.  Can you at least tell us, will the final week be labeled "last week" or just "week (number of week)"?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    It was nice to get my first red cover for BeardCap yesterday. I knew champing the Winter Soldier would pay off one day :-)

I'm glad to see the 5* feeder system seems to be moving along more quickly now, although as some have noted it might just be a temporary thing to coincide with the ten year celebration. Can't knock free five star covers though! The more the merrier :smiley: