The First 10 Years Celebration! Week 2 (8/14/18)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    broll said:
    So if they add 2 feeders every week of this 10 year event and they wanted to get all feeders done during this event.  Then it will last 6 more weeks (8 total). 11 5*s don't have feeder + 1 new 5* released over the period. This also matches up with Future Fight announcing in advance their event is 8 weeks.  #8WeekCelebration?

I'm betting all my supports and RISO on 8 weeks.  Any takers?
    80% sure there wont be 2 per week. The feeder pattern has them as placement, then required. With the Snappy Dresser, who should be released next week, we should only get one feeder (Shuri to Okoye please!) and then the new character. Unless the release schedule gets heavily modified, or the new character is released as a feeder, then it should be 1 next week, and 2 the following week. Expecting a Totally Awsome or Red Hulk (leaning to Red since Thunderbolt Ross is in MCU) to Banner Hulk, with a slight chance of it being Hulkbuster instead since he wore it in IW. If it’s Hulkbuster, then War Machine should build IM46. Dr. Strange should build from Mordo hopefully, and I think that rounds out the MCU 5s. Last most likely ones are Iron Spider to Back in Black and (Randomly picked Defender) to Jessica Jones (Netfix is a thing!).

And if Snappy Dresser is a referrence to Spider Man 3 when Evil Peter Parker started his Evil Lounge Song by snapping his Evil Fingers, then we might get a Doctor Octopus feeder.
    Luke C4ge feeding Jessica Jones is the obvious connection. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    So Bucky will finish my 3/3/5 LumberCap by getting to 300, and I've got a couple more Loki covers coming after already having some decent luck with the "Right To Rule" vault. Very welcome changes. All I need is more opportunities for Spidey & Ghost, and I'll be quite content. Great stuff again.                                                     
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    broll said:
    So if they add 2 feeders every week of this 10 year event and they wanted to get all feeders done during this event.  Then it will last 6 more weeks (8 total). 11 5*s don't have feeder + 1 new 5* released over the period. This also matches up with Future Fight announcing in advance their event is 8 weeks.  #8WeekCelebration?

I'm betting all my supports and RISO on 8 weeks.  Any takers?
    80% sure there wont be 2 per week. The feeder pattern has them as placement, then required. With the Snappy Dresser, who should be released next week, we should only get one feeder (Shuri to Okoye please!) and then the new character. Unless the release schedule gets heavily modified, or the new character is released as a feeder, then it should be 1 next week, and 2 the following week. Expecting a Totally Awsome or Red Hulk (leaning to Red since Thunderbolt Ross is in MCU) to Banner Hulk, with a slight chance of it being Hulkbuster instead since he wore it in IW. If it’s Hulkbuster, then War Machine should build IM46. Dr. Strange should build from Mordo hopefully, and I think that rounds out the MCU 5s. Last most likely ones are Iron Spider to Back in Black and (Randomly picked Defender) to Jessica Jones (Netfix is a thing!).

And if Snappy Dresser is a referrence to Spider Man 3 when Evil Peter Parker started his Evil Lounge Song by snapping his Evil Fingers, then we might get a Doctor Octopus feeder.
    If it's a reference to evil parker from spiderman 3, black suit feeder would make more sense. And I heavily suspect kraven feeding it.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    dang it , if the saved covers had started earlier my Winter soldier would be at least 280- Oh well, very happy about the new feeders - one newer one and one older one good job !!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very surprised, and glad, MEHulk is giving out Loki. figured he'd be giving out everyone's favourite 5*, Banner.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I'm very surprised, and glad, MEHulk is giving out Loki. figured he'd be giving out everyone's favourite 5*, Banner.
    This place would have rioted if he did
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I'm in the very weird position of being able to relax.  My MEHulk is currently sitting at L289, which means I'm guaranteed to have one Loki cover before he goes into LL packs.  I don't have to crack my mini-hoard (all of eleven tokens) in trying to draw him, and can just wait on the next five-star release before panic sets in.

But really, we all know the MPQ staff just did this to get Jarvind back.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Sim Mayor said:
    This definitely takes the sting out of not getting a Loki from the 5* vault :)

Just wondering, I've seen Webbed Wonder a lot lately, but my poor Devil Dinosaur is languishing at 3/2/2. Any plans for more Devil Dino events?
    Devil Dino usually pops up around MPQ Anniversary time
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby ....how many weeks is this celebration?  2 and done? 3? 4? 52? 7,000?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Just got my MEH to 300 so my 5* Loki to 4/2/0. My Bucky is at 286 but my BeardCap is 5/3/3 so I'm really thankful for the save cover system.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

Just as a warning - the rapid rate of 4* to 5* feeders is almost certainly being done as a promotion, and they will very likely return to doing one a season (with the occasional bonus,) in the future.  The other possibility is that they're getting ready for 6*s, but I still feel that's a ways off if it ever happens at all.

It's very welcome, regardless.  I just don't want people to be pissed when it returns to normal.  Though I'm sure they will be whatever I say...

The other other possibility is that with the introduction of cover saving, the reasons for spacing out the new feeders have largely disappeared.  They originally stated that they didn't just roll out feeders for all 5*s in one go because iso crunch would mean many of the covers handed out would expire and people would complain.  With saved covers, that pressure is gone.

There's still the issue of roster slots if you don't have the characters rostered, but it is probably easier to collect the required HP for a roster slot than the required iso to champ a 5*.

• jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Brigby ....how many weeks is this celebration?  2 and done? 3? 4? 52? 7,000?

....just kidding :p
    Hahaha!! Yes!!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only one negative out of this, Loki and Beard Cap get a feeder before Jessica Jones!?! smh.......

I kid, i kid, I only say this because my Jessica is legit 1 freaking cover away (with 2 saved)

same. one red needed to champ.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    If this patterns continues my guest is Dr Strange and Iron Man will be the next two to get feeders. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    GrimSkald said:

Just as a warning - the rapid rate of 4* to 5* feeders is almost certainly being done as a promotion, and they will very likely return to doing one a season (with the occasional bonus,) in the future.  The other possibility is that they're getting ready for 6*s, but I still feel that's a ways off if it ever happens at all.

It's very welcome, regardless.  I just don't want people to be pissed when it returns to normal.  Though I'm sure they will be whatever I say...

The other other possibility is that with the introduction of cover saving, the reasons for spacing out the new feeders have largely disappeared.  They originally stated that they didn't just roll out feeders for all 5*s in one go because iso crunch would mean many of the covers handed out would expire and people would complain.  With saved covers, that pressure is gone.

There's still the issue of roster slots if you don't have the characters rostered, but it is probably easier to collect the required HP for a roster slot than the required iso to champ a 5*.

Heh. That presumes the reason for spacing out the 5* feeders is for the players' benefit. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the least cynical people on the boards, but even I think the real reason for spacing out 5* feeders it to maintain enthusiasm and interest in the game to keep it economically viable. I don't begrudge this in the least, though hopefully they will step up the pace now that that crunch is no longer a reason.
    Brigby said:
    Brigby ....how many weeks is this celebration?  2 and done? 3? 4? 52? 7,000?

....just kidding :p
    Brigby wins the internet today.  Everyone else can stop trying...

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    If this patterns continues my guest is Dr Strange and Iron Man will be the next two to get feeders. 
    What’s the pattern that makes you think those two are next?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Bzhai said:
    Since they're MCU characters. Could easily be Okoye and Strange though.

My hope is they fast track everyone getting a feeder than start slowly adding dupe feeders. I know, hard flung dream there, but we really do need duel feeders with how slow individual 4 progress happens.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Bzhai said:
    Since they're MCU characters. Could easily be Okoye and Strange though.

My hope is they fast track everyone getting a feeder than start slowly adding dupe feeders. I know, hard flung dream there, but we really do need duel feeders with how slow individual 4 progress happens.
    This threads implies that Shuri will be the featured 4* in PvE after Winter Soldier (based on placement rewards from Webbed Wonder). Following the MEHulk trend, I'm guessing her feeding Okoye is one of the next two (assuming there is two) feeders during this glorious MCU-10 celebration.

The second is anyone's guess, but my gut says Strange.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

The second is anyone's guess, but my gut says Strange.
    I'm guessing Banner, just because... (because I desperately want them to give him a buff!)