Hey! What happened to the Heroic Token odds?

2»

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Benefit of the doubt:
    Maybe they have it setup to dynamically update the odds and this is just more dilution pains manifesting.  I'm too lazy to do the math to see if that makes sense or not.
    Sorry, but dilution doesn't affect the rate at which they hand out 4* covers.  Dilution WILL affect you fully covering a specific 4* character though. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do these odds result in an automatic bonus hero now on 4* heroic pulls the way 3* standard pulls do? I suspect the answer is no, but maybe?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do these odds result in an automatic bonus hero now on 4* heroic pulls the way 3* standard pulls do? I suspect the answer is no, but maybe?
    What is the deal with BH odds?  I thought when you pulled a 3* or 4*, then you have a 5% chance to get a BH......BUT......looking at my numbers, this isn't true.  Not even close to true. 

In 204 HT pulls, I got a combined 57 covers for 3* or 4*.  If BH odds were 5%, then I would expect about 3 BH covers, but instead I got 14!  That's almost 25%! 

I'm happy about this, of course, but what are the real odds of BH?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you pull a 3* out of standard, the odds of so doing are such that you automatically get the 3* bonus hero. the odds of getting a 4* bonus from heroic were slightly less though, so they don't result in an automatic BH. I'm wondering if this tweak puts them in the same range though, which is probably going to result in more 4*s overall (since you'll be getting them 2 at a time) even though your odds of getting a 4* from an HT are slightly lower in the first place.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    What is the deal with BH odds?  I thought when you pulled a 3* or 4*, then you have a 5% chance to get a BH......BUT......looking at my numbers, this isn't true.  Not even close to true. 

In 204 HT pulls, I got a combined 57 covers for 3* or 4*.  If BH odds were 5%, then I would expect about 3 BH covers, but instead I got 14!  That's almost 25%! 

I'm happy about this, of course, but what are the real odds of BH?
    The original BH announcement explained it in detail.  Basically you have a 5% chance of getting a BH from a heroic, but since you can’t get a BH for a 2*, the odds of getting a 3* or 4* are higher to compensate.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. We just posted an official announcement about it HERE.

TL;DR - Display issue with Heroic Pack odds. No changes to actual odds. Currently displaying 1x odds, as opposed to usual 10x/40x odds. Adding more info buttons in near future to provide more clarity with each pack option.