R159

Thanos
Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
It's out on steam, where are the patch notes?

Comments

• nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Just installed and do not notice any difference. Unsure what patch is doing though
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Does this explain why I'm getting "Check Internet Connection"....?

Edit: Just updated and no, that wasn't the problem!

Release notes on Google play store says bug fixes and character balances. If I ever get in ill let you know! 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, it says check out the latest characters additions and events (don't see either_
    Fixes to the saved Cover feature (not sure what that is)
    various improvements and character balance changes.  (not sure what those are, not sure i want to go through every character to find out0
    then it says to come her to for update notes.  uh huh.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    R159 is up in the iTune App store also. Same notes on the release.  Installed and I don't see anything new yet.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    It's out on Android, but the release notes are vague. I'm just gonna avoid until it's required.

"MPQ 159!
    Check out the latest character additions and events!
    Various bug fixes and character balance changes.
    For full update notes (English) visit d3go.com.
    Thank you for playing!"

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    And as you'd expect, r158 notes are the latest on the d3go.com page.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    It's out on Android, but the release notes are vague. I'm just gonna avoid until it's required.

"MPQ 159!
    Check out the latest character additions and events!
    Various bug fixes and character balance changes.
    For full update notes (English) visit d3go.com.
    Thank you for playing!"

@Brigby Did someone hit the Publish Update Button by mistake?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Considering that a new release note is out approximately every two weeks, and the DDP has not been updated as of now, it's likely that we didn't get any update in the forum, or they have surprises for us in R159.  :D

Do you see any new support? The current count is 38 supports.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering that a new release note is out approximately every two weeks, and the DDP has not been updated as of now, it's likely that we didn't get any update in the forum, or they have surprises for us in R159.  :D

Do you see any new support? The current count is 38 supports.
    Probably will show up tomorrow at 7am if there are.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone checked to see if they un- nerfed Gambit?!?!? Otherwise I'm guessing it is an update to 4* Star-Lord where they finally admit he doesn't go with "everyone".
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Has anyone checked to see if they un- nerfed Gambit?!?!? Otherwise I'm guessing it is an update to 4* Star-Lord where they finally admit he doesn't go with "everyone".
    gamibit is still ruined.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why Star-Lord? The update size is pretty significant: 80+ MB. Is this the typical update size for new release note?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why Star-Lord? The update size is pretty significant: 80+ MB. Is this the typical update size for new release note?
    Because Star-Lord's domination of the meta has to end some day...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far I've noticed the support banners now mention the actual effect of the support instead of just the name of the support. That's actually nice.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually no one looks much at the App Store notes (or Android Store, etc) because the forum has the official, more detailed version.  But every time, it says things about character rebalances.  The small ones, if they exist, go live when you update (say, last time when Wiccan's Chain Lightning was improved).  The bigger ones (like nerfing Godbit) always get implemented at season end and end up being announced in the new season's post.

The revision contains a lot of data that gets "turned on" by a daily patch, like the new character, new events (ha ha) if any, and major rebalances.  And sometimes a new feature.

People have noticed that on the purchase screen where you buy resources, it tells you if your Bonus Rewards are active or not (have you made a purchase in the past 30 days, basically).

Oh, and there will be some Support, I assume, for Loki.  Including Okoye, the last 6 characters have had a Support arrive after they were released.  Do you want one?  Get your wallet and/or rabbit's foot ready.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Usually no one looks much at the App Store notes (or Android Store, etc) because the forum has the official, more detailed version.  But every time, it says things about character rebalances.  The small ones, if they exist, go live when you update (say, last time when Wiccan's Chain Lightning was improved).  The bigger ones (like nerfing Godbit) always get implemented at season end and end up being announced in the new season's post.

The revision contains a lot of data that gets "turned on" by a daily patch, like the new character, new events (ha ha) if any, and major rebalances.  And sometimes a new feature.

People have noticed that on the purchase screen where you buy resources, it tells you if your Bonus Rewards are active or not (have you made a purchase in the past 30 days, basically).

Oh, and there will be some Support, I assume, for Loki.  Including Okoye, the last 6 characters have had a Support arrive after they were released.  Do you want one?  Get your wallet and/or rabbit's foot ready.
    I feel like the rabbit and gave my left foot already.  

It would be nice to see some official response to see if there are any other changes.  Anything on Discord? 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    Otherwise I'm guessing it is an update to 4* Star-Lord where they finally admit he doesn't go with "everyone".
    Blasphemy :wink:
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Posted now

Here are the release notes for the R159 update!

MPQ 159!
    • "Snappy Dresser"
    What's Changed:
    • Players will be able to tell if they are currently receiving Bonus Rewards in the Resources screen
    • When a Support Perk is activated in battle, a banner is displayed with a relevant description of how the board or characters have been affected.
    • The amount of data that is downloaded with each release has been reduced.
    • Tiles, that specifically state that only one of those tiles can exist, will no longer be created, if the existing tile is Locked
    Character Changes:
    • Nightcrawler's power BAMF will now display what color is most present on the board.
    • Black Bolt's power Energy Channeling will now display what color is most present on the board.
    • Hawkeye (Clint Barton)'s power Deep Breath now displays a power banner when activated in battle.
    • Riri Williams (Ironheart)'s power Remote Control Gauntlets, when used as a Team-Up, will no longer damage all opposing characters.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Locking as this thread is unnecessary with the official one here:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74601/r159-release-notes-8-13-18#latest
This discussion has been closed.