Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Thanos Boss Event - Whimpy?

Alex502Alex502 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
edited August 13 in MPQ General Discussion
This might be my roster meeting the power list for the event, but then I try this fight with other team combos and I'm just plain blown away at how easy it is to demolish Thanos in his event. I mean, fighting him in PvP is way more dangerous than his Boss counterpart. What I'm most shocked at is that he doesn't gain bonuses for any of the stones he "matches" away with his gauntlet blast. I mean, come on. It should feel like a race to collect them before he does, but it's the most basic of the basic, easiest boss event the game has to offer. My current go to team, by the way, Peggy, Championed, 5/3/5, 3* Starlord lvl 199 3/5/5, and XForce Wolverine at 209 and 3/5/2. Couldn't be easier. With Wolv's black at 5, Starlord's powers are gravy, and Peggy stomps him flat with anything, her red packing up to 13k or her blue a whopping 30k if all three tick off, and is easy to control the board since he doesn't make normal matches.

End result? Boring grind of a fight that should feel like a fast paced, overwhelming odds, and honestly more difficult fights the game has to offer. Few other villains in the Marvelverse have as much radius or gravity across story arcs, and as much raw power at hand. And while the Sinister Six are great fun and a challenge to battle, they shouldn't out rank Thanos this much.

PS. Apocalypse is a great battle, and feels like it should. A battle the end to overcome his horsemen and then him too. Thanos just eats the damage, and takes it without much fight back or complaints.

*Removed profanity - Ducky
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • Mujo5Mujo5 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited August 12
    Games never went past three matches. Not used a single health pack. Rocket, gamora and bb
  • ammenellammenell Posts: 573 Critical Contributor
    you really complaining about 3 easy covers of one of the latest 4*s?

    yeah  I want double iso.
    tinykitty.
  • RichyyyRichyyy Posts: 199 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, there's actually the start of a nice mechanic with the special tiles, but the event's in desperate need of them spending five minutes on it to update the levels and even whether he can move tiles and/or use the special ones. Then you add Grocket/Gamora being boosted on top and the whole thing basically becomes a three-day vacation for regular players (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

    On the bright side, Grocket/Gamora have made the over-scaled side nodes easier, and saved having to change teams at any point. I've just used them on the left and right, with whoever's required in the middle for every fight in the entire event, sticking Thor in for the brief boss fights.
  • cozmo1682cozmo1682 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Maybe its explained in the banner I dont read before the fight, but if thanos has the gauntlet why are we able to use the stones to beat him so easily?
  • jreddjredd Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    cozmo1682 said:
    Maybe its explained in the banner I dont read before the fight, but if thanos has the gauntlet why are we able to use the stones to beat him so easily?
    all they need to do is make it so thanos uses the infinity stone tiles, not the player. that'd change the complexion of the event real fast. and yes, it is too easy.
  • mega ghostmega ghost Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    When 4* R&G are boosted for an event, that event is easy. Had they not been boosted I'd have seen Thanos fire a power more than twice.
  • Alex502Alex502 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    True enough. I've been playing for two years so far, and while I'm still trailing behind you all at four years in, I've finally been tacking up the four star champs. I mean, sure. Having a good opportunity to jump in as a new player is great fun, and needed for their investment value. But that said, maybe a scaling as the rounds progress? Perhaps for the first two, he doesn't get any bonuses, but each round after he gains the chance to get another stone's power? Also. The stones themselves don't really have the kind of powers I'd expect. Their nice enough, but they could do so much more. The entire feeling is underwhelming, as a fan of the material and then a player.
  • smkspysmkspy Posts: 2,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can understand this premise.  All of the boss events are just auto pilot now.  You don’t need a lot of strategy anymore. Just brute force.  I know what some vets will say when I ask of this, but I wish we would get Boss Rush back in the form we had the first time it came out.  I would love to see what I could do against that now. 
    Yeah, as a vet with a developed roster now, I would love to see how I would fare against boss rush now.

    But of course, you get dozens of complain about how hard it is, which is exactly why Thanos is so easy.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 4,592 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    I can understand this premise.  All of the boss events are just auto pilot now.  You don’t need a lot of strategy anymore. Just brute force.  I know what some vets will say when I ask of this, but I wish we would get Boss Rush back in the form we had the first time it came out.  I would love to see what I could do against that now. 
    Yeah, as a vet with a developed roster now, I would love to see how I would fare against boss rush now.

    But of course, you get dozens of complain about how hard it is, which is exactly why Thanos is so easy.
    Good luck with that developed roster of yours when Boss rush uses roster based scaling.

    Those of us who were 5* players when it ran didn't have much fun.
  • StevO-JStevO-J Posts: 632 Critical Contributor
    I for one enjoy this one Boss event that causes very little to no frustration. Is Thanos 'wimpy'... or is boosted 4* R&G just amazing? I think the latter... but hey... to each his/her own...
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 3,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 12
    There is basically no boss fight that is challenging for a decent 5* roster (even post Gambit nerf).  Thanos isn't the hardest boss (that's probably Galactus or Ultron), but none of them are particularly hard (except boss rush. You can still go tiny kitty yourself, boss rush. . .).  The slog of boss events on sat. And Sunday is the side nodes at 400+. 

    This event felt easy because boosted 4* r&g + g4mora burn down those side nodes super fast. 

  • DogfaceDogface Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    If OP wants a challenge so bad, there's nothing stopping you to make it challenging. Try beating Thanos with 3 1*. I for one am glad that Thanos is better manageable than the side nodes.
  • turbomooseturbomoose Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    The original Thanos fight seemed a lot tougher, true my roster was nowhere near as good as it is now but it’s always been a fun event 

    a few times I used Thor 5* with new Loki and black Panther just for fun 


  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,461 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    smkspy said:
    I can understand this premise.  All of the boss events are just auto pilot now.  You don’t need a lot of strategy anymore. Just brute force.  I know what some vets will say when I ask of this, but I wish we would get Boss Rush back in the form we had the first time it came out.  I would love to see what I could do against that now. 
    Yeah, as a vet with a developed roster now, I would love to see how I would fare against boss rush now.

    But of course, you get dozens of complain about how hard it is, which is exactly why Thanos is so easy.
    Good luck with that developed roster of yours when Boss rush uses roster based scaling.

    Those of us who were 5* players when it ran didn't have much fun.
    Yes your right Bow.  None of us did but the 5* that we have now are a lot different then before.  

    I guess I should have one edit to this.  The AP would be Reset after each wave, that is the only tweak I would like to see but keep the rest the same. 
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.