MtGPQ Sneak Peek: August 2018 Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Options
124»

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jimpark said:
    Rhasget said:
    Machine said:
    For the first quote to gogol666, it looks like all PWs will be available next week so Bolas will be there also before the event. A bit late if you ask me but atleast better than not at all.

And I love that they have added PvP on top of a PvE. That means you have a choice if you only want to play one or the other. Or like me and most of my coalition I want to play both.
    If the game doesn't offer content I can't play at all as opposed to multiple events available for me, then I can choose to play those I have time for.

If the content doesn't suit your taste (be it the wrong format of decks available, a boring type of event, mid-week coalition or other) please don't ask to remove it, write here and/or file a ticket asking for other events instead. Otherwise it just goes back to no content again.

For me personally I don't like OGW much, it's too easy and short and is not much content. PvP is my favorite atm so I really look forward to three events back to back.
    Then wouldnt noncoalition events work too? You want content as opposed to no content. Please define the content you seek. What i mean is do you just need something new like revamped events, do you need events with high rewards like HoD? In other words what is the main thing you seek? Because technically as far as content goes a PvE event like Avacyns Madness would seem to fit your need of a challenge and a lot to do. If so, then i would only request it be non coalition that way i truly have the option to not play unlike coalition events. EDIT: sorry you said pvp so perhaps something like fate is rarely fair with revamped objectives? Trial of ambition with revamped objectives? Hour of revelation with revamped objectives? Etc etc. 

Midweek coalition events are fine as long as they are not super time investments such as AWR or a coalition pvp event with only 3 nodes (maybe 4.. maybe but it depends on refresh timers, max charges and starting charges)
    I'm up for any content really. I like PvP more though and no matter the form, or if it's coalition or not.
    The PvEs are scheduled for four days with no overlapping events. 
    Even if you are a new player, 2 or 4 days make no difference. I complete it in 30-60 minutes and the newer players in our coalition put in an evenings effort until they can't get further.

It's mostly the pleads for less content that pops up pretty often that I would like to see rephrased.

I get the point that players don't want coalition midweek (but not always the reason) but instead of crying out for removal of midweek PvP, plead for non-coalition instead. 

If they could make a fixed schedule with multiple overlapping events (many proposals have been sent since I started) there would be something for everyone most of the time.

Have coalition events on weekends (alternating between PvP and PvE), overlapping PvE and PvP midweek with one being legacy each week to make use of that content more.

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
      I dont get the point, there's nothing coherent in this schedule anymore.
       Each coalition event starts and ends at a diferent moment of the day ... There is no pattern at all to follow.
       On top of it we have events that end in the middle of the working day, others that start and end in the early morning ... 

The only event that seems to start at the proper time (20utc) ends at 6 utc without even knowing if those additional 12hours will be free of refreshes or if it is a mistake and it should display 18 ...

This is pure chaos ... Players ask for a more adaptable schedule and it looks like events are just thrown like candies in a lucky dip ... 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @bken1234 How do the timechanges affect you in North America? 12h earlier start, better or worse or doesn't matter?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    @bken1234 How do the timechanges affect you in North America? 12h earlier start, better or worse or doesn't matter?
    12h earlier start is pretty much the same for North America, some would like it better because the event ends on Sunday night, but for the most part, it doesn't affect us here. It only affects the European continent (UK, Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Russia) which is a huge portion of the player base. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why not bring back 'one of' events like breaking point? Or just the pve coalition event with tezz2 as final boss? Could be interesting to crack node3.2 7 turn clock with standard decks.
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby The start time for HoD now reads 20:00 UTC, but the opt-in time is listed at 02:00 (the same day) and the end time at 06:00 (~2.5 days after the start), which are both 12 hours earlier than we’d normally expect given the start time, despite all times being listed in military format instead of AM/PM.

This suggests either a change in precedent for how the in-game event schedule operates or at least one incorrect time indicated for HoD in the initial post.

Can you clarify whether all of the times currently listed are accurate, offer any insight into in-game changes if they are (assuming that would be within the scope of this thread), and/or confirm what the correct times would be in each case if they aren’t?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    (8/27/18) *Updated Opt-In and End times for Hour of Devastation

Apologies for any confusion. It would appear that Hour of Devastation had been correctly adjusted to the past event times, however I was only aware of the changes to the Start time.

I have gone ahead and adjusted the Opt-In and End times to reflect the current settings, as well.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Why not bring back 'one of' events like breaking point? Or just the pve coalition event with tezz2 as final boss? Could be interesting to crack node3.2 7 turn clock with standard decks.
    We already have Ratc as legacy and cracking angel in 7 turn is 3.1 not 3.2.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes you right 3.1, but it's PVE now and not limited in tries. Better than every other week god Pharao like almost a year. Nice to have. Once, with new standard, but there are maby more events. 
  • bk1234
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Yes you right 3.1, but it's PVE now and not limited in tries. Better than every other week god Pharao like almost a year. Nice to have. Once, with new standard, but there are maby more events. 
    We also have Avacyn’s Madness as coalitIon legacy. Haven’t seen her in awhile. 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, again we have an standard old event with old rewards.

We have just one M19 rewards event.
  • bk1234
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    We also have Avacyn’s Madness as coalitIon legacy. Haven’t seen her in awhile. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Go here if you'd like to see the September 2018 Sneak Peek thread
  • Hatter
    Hatter Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pretty lame the only thing you do for labor day weekend has to do with spending coins, not a good single player event and a **** coalition event and with all the bugs this game is a disgrace to MTG