MtGPQ Sneak Peek: August 2018 Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Options

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really enjoy playing legacy events with standard cards — I’m not ok with getting more HOU packs though. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wasn't Hour of Revelation the one where you had to cycle x or more cards, cast x or more with embalm, etc?  How exactly can we do that without any of those cards?  Lol. I guess N3 can get us the cycling. 

However, happy to see some fresh content mid week.  Thanks!
  • bk1234
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Wasn't Hour of Revelation the one where you had to cycle x or more cards, cast x or more with embalm, etc?  How exactly can we do that without any of those cards?  Lol. I guess N3 can get us the cycling. 

However, happy to see some fresh content mid week.  Thanks!
    @babar3355

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby Thanks for posting the new event schedule. Just to be clear; HOD is Bolas1?

Also HOR is individual standard?
    Yes. I believe it is still Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh

Oh! It seems I'm mistaken. You are correct that HoR does have Coalition rewards. I'll adjust that right now
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

Oh! It seems I'm mistaken. You are correct that HoR does have Coalition rewards. I'll adjust that right now
    What about the award boosters? Could we get DOM or M19?
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby Thanks for posting the new event schedule. Just to be clear; HOD is Bolas1?

Also HOR is individual standard?
    Yes. I believe it is still Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh

Hello Brigby. Can you check if Bolas 1 would be in next vault ? Thanks
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby: can you confirm that having a midweek coaltion event is the new standard of having events? I personally don't like it, because I simply don't have the time for it. Of all the content available, why are we AGAIN playing HoD Bolas??? Trial of Zeal or Avacyn's Madness would be cool.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Not only hod again, but it is again hod with Bolas. Not only we also get back hor in the new standard.
    Hor Hor objectives requires you to cycle and embalm. In the new standard we cannot anymore.
    Not only, but bolas is not in the vault....
    Any more mistakes?
    Who is deciding the schedule? A slot machine?
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    Not only hod again, but it is again hod with Bolas. Not only we also get back hor in the new standard.
    Hor Hor objectives requires you to cycle and embalm. In the new standard we cannot anymore.
    Any more mistakes?
    HoR does not require Embalm or cycling. bken1234 posted the objectives list a few posts earlier in this thread.
  • Machine
    edited August 2018
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    Any more mistakes?

Not only that, but the events seem to get flooded with Standard and PvP events. My opportunity to play Legacy events has been halved by the current TG rotation and PvE events are rare nowadays (thanks for RatC this week!).

Can't we just skip the midweek coaltion event HoR since OGW is running during the same time slot?

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Trial of ambition is the event with ebalm and cycling objectives.

We only have one M19 rewards event. No M19 in daily rewards (the M19 set was out for the first of august so they could have planned to take out amonkhet booster).

So just legacy events turned into standard with legacy rewards for the next week.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Machine said:
    gogol666 said:
    Any more mistakes?

Not only that, but the events seem to get flooded with Standard and PvP events. My opportunity to play Legacy events has been halved by the current TG rotation and PvE events are rare nowadays (thanks for RatC this week!).

Can't we just skip the midweek coaltion event HoR since OGW is running during the same time slot?

For the first quote to gogol666, it looks like all PWs will be available next week so Bolas will be there also before the event. A bit late if you ask me but atleast better than not at all.

And I love that they have added PvP on top of a PvE. That means you have a choice if you only want to play one or the other. Or like me and most of my coalition I want to play both.
    If the game doesn't offer content I can't play at all as opposed to multiple events available for me, then I can choose to play those I have time for.

If the content doesn't suit your taste (be it the wrong format of decks available, a boring type of event, mid-week coalition or other) please don't ask to remove it, write here and/or file a ticket asking for other events instead. Otherwise it just goes back to no content again.

For me personally I don't like OGW much, it's too easy and short and is not much content. PvP is my favorite atm so I really look forward to three events back to back.
  • Machine
    Options
    @Rhasget: I'm entitled to my opinion and preferences just like you just voiced your opinion and preferences here and @babar3355 does a lot of times asking for more, more, more content. Personally, I don't care if there are 100 optional events at the same time. I'm just asking to NOT have coalition events during the work week, let alone these stupid 5 node events. If I have time, I will play the events I like to play. With coalition events, I feel forced to play them.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby In game says The Dragon war starts in 5.5 hours, 12 hours early. Wat do?
  • bk1234
    Options
    stikxs said:
    @Brigby In game says The Dragon war starts in 5.5 hours, 12 hours early. Wat do?
    Send a ticket!
  • Brigby
    Options
    (8/24/18) *Changed time format from Standard / Regular to Military time

Hi Everyone. My apologies for the confusion with The Dragon War event times. The event is on-time, however I had incorrectly listed it as PM, as opposed to AM. 

In order to avoid this issue from occurring in the future, I will be listing all times in Military Time format from now on. Sorry about that!
  • Brigby
    Options
    (8/24/18) *Updated Start time for Hour of Devastation
  • bk1234
    Options
    @Brigby thank you and the team as well. This is a huge quality of life adjustment for our players in the UK, Europe and Russia. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Machine said:
    @Rhasget: I'm entitled to my opinion and preferences just like you just voiced your opinion and preferences here and @babar3355 does a lot of times asking for more, more, more content. Personally, I don't care if there are 100 optional events at the same time. I'm just asking to NOT have coalition events during the work week, let alone these stupid 5 node events. If I have time, I will play the events I like to play. With coalition events, I feel forced to play them.
    I agree. Coalition events feel forced in many ways, granted self inflicted for the most part. 

A run of 3 coalition events is a bit much. I would have absolutely no problem with a noncoalition event of any kind instead (preferably something new for all those wanting something different, i.e. revamping other events that we never see these days).

I would also have absolutely no problem if coalition events didnt feel too long; in other words, balanced. For instance, having 3 nongrindy coalition events would be fine. But due to the structure of many events having 5 nodes, over 48 hour durations, and then max game charges being too low.. well you get my drift. But if a weekend event takes all of my weekend then a weekday event takes all of my weekday, its just not good.  

I respect the desire for more coalition events and to that end i am trying to be reasonable. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Machine said:
    gogol666 said:
    Any more mistakes?

For the first quote to gogol666, it looks like all PWs will be available next week so Bolas will be there also before the event. A bit late if you ask me but atleast better than not at all.

And I love that they have added PvP on top of a PvE. That means you have a choice if you only want to play one or the other. Or like me and most of my coalition I want to play both.
    If the game doesn't offer content I can't play at all as opposed to multiple events available for me, then I can choose to play those I have time for.

If the content doesn't suit your taste (be it the wrong format of decks available, a boring type of event, mid-week coalition or other) please don't ask to remove it, write here and/or file a ticket asking for other events instead. Otherwise it just goes back to no content again.

For me personally I don't like OGW much, it's too easy and short and is not much content. PvP is my favorite atm so I really look forward to three events back to back.
    Then wouldnt noncoalition events work too? You want content as opposed to no content. Please define the content you seek. What i mean is do you just need something new like revamped events, do you need events with high rewards like HoD? In other words what is the main thing you seek? Because technically as far as content goes a PvE event like Avacyns Madness would seem to fit your need of a challenge and a lot to do. If so, then i would only request it be non coalition that way i truly have the option to not play unlike coalition events. EDIT: sorry you said pvp so perhaps something like fate is rarely fair with revamped objectives? Trial of ambition with revamped objectives? Hour of revelation with revamped objectives? Etc etc. 

Midweek coalition events are fine as long as they are not super time investments such as AWR or a coalition pvp event with only 3 nodes (maybe 4.. maybe but it depends on refresh timers, max charges and starting charges)