Post Gambit nerf - How to effectively deal with mindless one?

Comments

• Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Hilk said:
    On the lower end... since they were boosted...
    Je4n grey + 3*SW + C4ge 
    purple generation helps keep the timers down... shields help.
    Moon knight (green)  and vulture (black-blue).
    just make sure to get black first.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    tph_james said:
    MrEd95 said:
    I’ve been using quake and prof x as they are boosted, with switch to cause match 5s. Not sure if quake reduced enough damage in scl9, as i play in 8, but it makes it so i dont need to worry about eye beams.
    Plus with charles in the centre, you generate blue ap, to use with resonating frequency. Thats what works for me. I never had gambit stronger that a 0-1-0 though, so i havent really had to adjust much.
    For your info,  SCL9 mindless ones at lvl515, create 3006 protect and strike tiles, 4080 attack tiles. Their green cds do 35k team damage and purple cds strengthen their tiles by 3435. Last but not least, they have 95k hp each.
    Strictly not for faint-hearted.. Lol
    Ah, never mind then. Now i remember why i dont bother to play scl9. Im nowhere near that level. My quake only reduves 7,500 damage, which clearly isnt even close to enough. Its still good for the weaker nodes though, and could probably save some healthpacks
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james said:
    658_2 said:
    Strange plus Okoye.  Anyone plus Okoye really.
    I'm playing SCL9. how okoye and team work without taking significant damage? Especially 5*essential node, my concern is how to effectively beat those creatures, not how to beat them.

I never actually was awake long enough to notice they exist. Buffed Okoye, half Thor, America the Beautiful. 

Cl9. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james said:
    658_2 said:
    Strange plus Okoye.  Anyone plus Okoye really.
    I'm playing SCL9. how okoye and team work without taking significant damage? Especially 5*essential node, my concern is how to effectively beat those creatures, not how to beat them.

I never actually was awake long enough to notice they exist. Buffed Okoye, half Thor, America the Beautiful. 

Cl9. 
    You really need to stop nodding off during PVE.
    But I know how hard that is for a cat!

Yeah, Thorkoye + Extra kills everything.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Have you thought about Nightcrawler?  Unless they stumble into a cascade, all of their non-special-tile damage is AoE, and Nightcralwer BAMFs away at the first sign of that.

Also possible, although very, VERY slow is 4-star Starlord and 3-star Scarlet Witch.  Starlord's Purple (set to 5) and Scarlet Witch (with her green set to 5) are pretty good at taking out enemy tiles.

You could also try 4-star Venom to bring their protect tile down to 1 immediately.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    tph_james said:
    MrEd95 said:
    I’ve been using quake and prof x as they are boosted, with switch to cause match 5s. Not sure if quake reduced enough damage in scl9, as i play in 8, but it makes it so i dont need to worry about eye beams.
    Plus with charles in the centre, you generate blue ap, to use with resonating frequency. Thats what works for me. I never had gambit stronger that a 0-1-0 though, so i havent really had to adjust much.
    For your info,  SCL9 mindless ones at lvl515, create 3006 protect and strike tiles, 4080 attack tiles. Their green cds do 35k team damage and purple cds strengthen their tiles by 3435. Last but not least, they have 95k hp each.
    Strictly not for faint-hearted.. Lol
    Ah, never mind then. Now i remember why i dont bother to play scl9. Im nowhere near that level. My quake only reduves 7,500 damage, which clearly isnt even close to enough. Its still good for the weaker nodes though, and could probably save some healthpacks
    I’ve done CL9 3x. All usually when I enter super late due to life stuff and there are no good 8 brackets flipping. 

First time Grocket was boosted and it was super easy.
    Second time was much harder but doable. 
    Third time was that Royal Family **** that drained like a years worth of super whales to complete. 

I top 5’d each one which shocked the heck out of me. Overall I’m always shocked I get a LT but for me it’s not worth the time and resources to play at that level and my roster just takes a severe beating (all 4* below 308, all 5* at 255)

For those in CL8 like me I agree with Quake/Elektra. AOE protection and special tile stealing pretty much nullifies their biggest strengths. I play half health Thor to fuel green and remove tiles making it easier to get purple. I imagine Vulture would be a great third as well. Maybe even better than Thor. Run him with 5 black/blue. Use his blue to destroy enemy special tiles (including countdowns). You get all that purple/green AP from the destroyed countdowns. Use said AP to steal specials with Elektra and AOE with Daisy! 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I cleared the 490 node with Okoye/Juggernaut level 40/1* Spidey level 1.  All finished in perfect health.  515 nodes tonight, but not anticipating much difficulty.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I have been using 5*Daredevil, Chavez and Prof-X.  Didn't use a single health pack on the last sub.
  • x_imperialism
    x_imperialism Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    okoye with 3 star thanos, 3strange (or 5 if you have him) and medusa. any combo including okoye makes this the easiest and fastest scl9 event ever. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I accidentally took in Wiccan to the 5E node with 5trange/Okoye and didn’t notice till the match was almost done. Which in fairness didn’t take very long.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Breezed through with:
    Okoye 1/0/0
    AmerChavez 2/1/2
    3*Strange level 210

Albeit, I only play SCL7. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    okoye, 5* thor, america chavez
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    4*Lord & Drax have worked really well for me. 451 Okoye so it'll be slower if you don't have her champed, but if she stays out front her yellow for 5 ap will keep her topped off. Drax black & SL purple will deal with any of those special tiles & drax does tons of damage when all those CD's from SL resolve, plus the spread damage from SL purple. It's been working out fine for me in 9.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 8 and just tried the Elektra / Quake pairing to go along with my meagre 6-cover Wiccan. I got my purple by turn 3, stole the specials, and it went pretty quick after that for my 4th clear of Wiccan's node. 
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Have to third the suggestion of @fmftint and @x_imperialism; Okoye + either Strange + 3* Thanos is like turning on easy mode on a console game. Even SCL9 Mindless Ones bow before them. Substituting Thanos for a Black Bolt with any black coverage is equally absurd.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    tried out my 1/2/1 Okoye with 3* Strange in the final day of this event (in SCL7), and wow that was brutal
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    okoye with 3 star thanos, 3strange (or 5 if you have him)
    This. Battles rarely go over a few turns. Just keep matching team ups. The 5*e is a little more turns but still within single digits. Dr Strange (3* since I dont have a yellow cover on 5*) was dealing 15-30k each trigger (each turn gets 2-3 triggers) and thanos court death is another 20-30k aoe.  

Could even speed it up with  +2 team up ap boost
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie said:
    okoye with 3 star thanos, 3strange (or 5 if you have him)
    This. Battles rarely go over a few turns. Just keep matching team ups. The 5*e is a little more turns but still within single digits. Dr Strange (3* since I dont have a yellow cover on 5*) was dealing 15-30k each trigger (each turn gets 2-3 triggers) and thanos court death is another 20-30k aoe.  

Could even speed it up with  +2 team up ap boost
    +1 on the +2 TU boost. The best part? When you run out, it just costs 125 ISO for more.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Quake and Vulture work well together. Vulture black powers Quake's Resonance Frequency to target specific tiles to get rid of countdowns and other specials the Mindless Ones generate, and Earthquake for damaging board shake to all of them.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Vulture, Okoye and Nightcrawler got me through five nodes in the SCL-9 division. Focus on taking out the Mindless One who generates the punch attack tiles as the first to knock out of the battle and take that punch tile off the board fast. After a few turns to get Vulture churning tiles and keeping him in black, it's steadily downhill from there. Okoye's Red eliminates countdown tiles in between Vulture's clean-up, and Bamf can generate safety in clearing chunks of the board. Okoye's yellow also heals her if she had to take one eye beam tile you missed, and you'll be getting plenty of yellow tiles.... As long as Vulture is flying, eye beams don't hit him, either, so you're most likely focusing on Okoye's health.
    It's not a fast clear, by any means (If your Okoye is under covered), but it does get the job done.