Post Gambit nerf - How to effectively deal with mindless one?

tph_james
tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
I thought I have moved on until honor among thieves.
Everything is too slow to effectively deal with mindless one special tiles. 
Any idea? I miss him.... 

Comments

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Strange plus Okoye.  Anyone plus Okoye really.
  • tph_james
    edited August 2018
    658_2 said:
    Strange plus Okoye.  Anyone plus Okoye really.
    I'm playing SCL9. how okoye and team work without taking significant damage? Especially 5*essential node, my concern is how to effectively beat those creatures, not how to beat them.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    What LVL is your 5-star Strange at?  I've been using 5-star Thor (450), 5-star Strange (451) as Okoye's (LVL 255, 1/1/2) teammates.  Black Widow (5-star) can overwrite three special tiles with her purple. It includes countdowns, and it gets cheaper the more enemy specials get out, to a lower limit of 7 AP.

Depending on where the special tiles are at the start of the match, you may not be able to avoid taking significant damage...  You get the attack in one corner and the strike in another corner at SCL9, it's going to be a health pack or two after the fight, no matter who you use.  Conversely, you might get to match a couple of them right off the bat, which would make your match go much easier.
  • tph_james
    I've tried
    teen Jean - slow and not SCL9 material when not boosted
    New gambit - slower, by the time the purple is out, they already took a chunk of me. And their special tiles are still building up. 
    Half life gladiathor - tired of hiding him behind, becoming liability. 

• tph_james
    edited August 2018
    I don't have strange. I have only 5* thor and gambit championed. JJ and okoye fully covered but not leveled. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    I too am in CL9 and have been using Okoye (lvl 300 2/2/5)with my max champ 3* strange and falcon and its been working out fine. Strange healing every time a cd is put down helps soften the damage taken. Falcons blue eats up a few tiles (albeit slowly) plus his purp laying down protects is helpful. Okoye s black bumps everyone's damage to silly lvls and if a cd is about to go off I try and put her to the front to eat it and then use her yellow to heal. Oh yeah and her red can be useful to clear pesky corners
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Daredevil can stun and convert their specials but im guessing you dont have him?
  • JohnnyStacks
    JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, I'm not really enjoying this sub w/o 5* Gambit....The mindless ones have a lot of health.  OML can absorb damage, but he's slow on doing anything else.  My 5* Widow is only lvl 255, and you still have to get those purples.  If the attack tiles are unmatchable, 50%Thor bites it after a match or two (lvl 405).  Strange can be useful, I just wish I had his yellow higher (5/5/2).  Maybe Ant-Man could steal some ****?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Okoye,  little Thanos,  and Strange or Medusa 
    Boost +2 TU to get a head start
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    I've been using C4ge and Chavez and the required. Use a +2 all AP to get started, but with the Mindless Ones spamming CD's C4ge's protect tiles reduce damage to one and Chavez' critical tiles do the rest. Use C4ge's yellow to do extra damage, especially since Mindless Ones don't generate yellow (I think). 

Edit: I realize it might not be a good team if placement is your objective as it's a rather slow team, but you'll definitely come out of battle victoriously. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I’ve been using quake and prof x as they are boosted, with switch to cause match 5s. Not sure if quake reduced enough damage in scl9, as i play in 8, but it makes it so i dont need to worry about eye beams.
    Plus with charles in the centre, you generate blue ap, to use with resonating frequency. Thats what works for me. I never had gambit stronger that a 0-1-0 though, so i havent really had to adjust much.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    On the lower end... since they were boosted...
    Je4n grey + 3*SW + C4ge 
    purple generation helps keep the timers down... shields help.
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Strange, Okoye, Kraven
  • tph_james
    edited August 2018
    MrEd95 said:
    I’ve been using quake and prof x as they are boosted, with switch to cause match 5s. Not sure if quake reduced enough damage in scl9, as i play in 8, but it makes it so i dont need to worry about eye beams.
    Plus with charles in the centre, you generate blue ap, to use with resonating frequency. Thats what works for me. I never had gambit stronger that a 0-1-0 though, so i havent really had to adjust much.
    For your info,  SCL9 mindless ones at lvl515, create 3006 protect and strike tiles, 4080 attack tiles. Their green cds do 35k team damage and purple cds strengthen their tiles by 3435. Last but not least, they have 95k hp each.
    Strictly not for faint-hearted.. Lol
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to clear the node with zero damage (after healing Okoye with yellow) using my 3/5/1 Okoye (capped at 390), 4* Medusa & 3* Strange.  It's a nasty node and might take a while to clear with that team but is very manageable.

For the rest of my clears I ran Okoye/5* Strange/50% Thor and didn't have any issues at all.  Just switch in 3* Strange instead and you'll still do plenty of passive damage after collecting a few team up ap.  Just take care not to let a green countdown go off and you'll be fine.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    In a not unrelated note, the second sub of Honor Among Thieves is mind-bogglingly tedious. I eventually got through it with JJ/DD/Thor, but you need some luck to avoid those painful Eye Beam tiles - and Thor can hurt you at times, because he gets rid of the green tiles that could help you match them away. Daredevil can help with the attack tiles because as long as you make sure he's taking most of the damage, he'll heal back up if he goes low enough. But the Eye Beams are going to hit everyone.

I'd love to bring Quake, but it takes forever even with 5* powers and damage. This whole PvE could do with some tweaking, but especially this sub. It's just so monotonous.
  • tph_james
    Richyyy said:
    In a not unrelated note, the second sub of Honor Among Thieves is mind-bogglingly tedious. I eventually got through it with JJ/DD/Thor, but you need some luck to avoid those painful Eye Beam tiles - and Thor can hurt you at times, because he gets rid of the green tiles that could help you match them away. Daredevil can help with the attack tiles because as long as you make sure he's taking most of the damage, he'll heal back up if he goes low enough. But the Eye Beams are going to hit everyone.

I'd love to bring Quake, but it takes forever even with 5* powers and damage. This whole PvE could do with some tweaking, but especially this sub. It's just so monotonous.
    Every event becomes monotonous if we play the game long enough. 
    I'm still collecting Iso to champion okoye.. Will have to wait until next honor of thieves to test her out. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Quake, strange and ..... elektra! Let the mindless ones buff a tile and then casually steal it with elektra, taking no green aoe damage
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture! Just make sure you have enough blue AP before you go airborne and they won't be a problem.