The First 10 Years

2»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years. Love the new loading screen. What a ride it's been. What a great age for Marvel fans.

What have been your favorite Marvel Studios movie moments?

Which MPQ character tie-ins have been your favorite?
    If I was going to make a top three:
    1) Siri starting the Cure's Disintegration album while Ant-Man fought Yellow Jacket in the briefcase
    2) The entire prison escape sequence from the original Guardians of the Galaxy, but in particular how it starts with Rocket explaining the plan in the foreground, while Groot casually steals the battery in front of literally everyone in the background.
    3) The "interrogation" in the parking garage in Spiderman: Homecoming.  

My favorite MPQ tie-in would actually be the Ultron boss event.  While it's easy to forget after how many times that format has been reskinned for subsequent boss events, the concept of fighting some drones, getting to Ultron to beat him a little, but then going back to drones before fighting him yet again does actually pretty well mimic the final action sequence from the film.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Little Steve jumping on the grenade.

Banner falling onto and off of the Rainbow Bridge.

Yondu's funeral.

There have been a lot.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I like the civil war Tie in with the separate boosted characters based on teams, and the choice of what team to fight.

as far as movie moments. I thought puny god hulk rag dolling Loki was great. 

Yondu’s funeral was very well done. 

Laura crying Daddy, Daddy as wolverine is stuck on tree after they did the best father daughter team up battle ever was pretty good as well
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    The Avengers:  Now has to be the most iconic scene of all the MCU.  Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor.  Standing in a circle in New York.  
    “Call it, Captain!”

This! With the Avengers theme playing, totally awesome. Caps suit was lame, and I still couldn't figure out how Hawkeye and Widow fit in with the rest of the Heros, but when I saw that scene for the first time, got the same feeling as when I would watch X-Men AS as a kid. Right when Cyke would reach up for his visor, Storm clouds would roll in, charged playing cards in the air, and claws came out, right as they queued up the theme song! So awesome!

Honorable mention goes to IronMan. I actually was giving up on movies, the 90s silver age of Hollywood had come to a close. Every Epic was trying to replicate the success of Braveheart and/or Gladiator. Matthew McConaughey RomComs came out every 2 months it seemed. I hadn't been to the movies in a year or 2. Then RDJ got out of rehab and suddenly changed the entertainment world for the better! Favorite scenes; Mark 3 (?) Taking out the terrorists that held him captive. IM2 sky diving to Super Thrills, Stark Expo entrance! 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards

Thor: Ragnarok

**Ship computer recognizing Hulk as the strongest Avenger and not Thor
    You realise the computer is probably programmed by Tony. 

I do agree with you about Cap First Avengers though. So many great scenes before he got the super serum. Fetching the flag and getting a ride was one of my favourite
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:

Thor: Ragnarok

**Ship computer recognizing Hulk as the strongest Avenger and not Thor
    You realise the computer is probably programmed by Tony. 

No "probably" about it. That's why Thor's pass-phrase was "Point Break" :D
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I played Deadpool Daily this morning and noticed that DP is holding Ant-Man and X-23.  Then I noticed all the Marvel characters at the bottom on the box.  Very nice, Developers.  Put a smile on my face.  Thanks.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played Deadpool Daily this morning and noticed that DP is holding Ant-Man and X-23.  Then I noticed all the Marvel characters at the bottom on the box.  Very nice, Developers.  Put a smile on my face.  Thanks.  
    I don't get it. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    I had high-hopes for Andrew Garfield, but I think those movies let him down. That was "my" spider-man though, they really borrowed from the McFarlane era Adjective-less book with the visuals that I was so invested in growing up.

Tom Holland is killing it in a post-homecoming era though, he is definitely great and i'm all in on it.
    hey I have this comic book :) _ think I have the gold version too

I liked the first Guardian. basically the whole thing but especially when they discuss the plan
    I like the latest version of the Movie Spidey
    I like Daredevil and Jessica Jones on Netflix
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many good things already mentioned, I just wanted to jump in with how funny most of the 10 years stuff has been. Two of my faves:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Drax: Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

Infinity War

Thor: There are six stones out there. Thanos already has the Power Stone because he stole it last week when he decimated Xandar. He stole the Space Stone from me when he destroyed my ship and slaughtered half my people. The Time and Mind Stones are safe on Earth, they're with the Avengers.

Star Lord: The Avengers?

Thor: The Earth's mightiest heroes.

Mantis: Like Kevin Bacon?

Thor: He may be on the team. I don't know, I haven't been there in a while.