The First 10 Years

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years. Love the new loading screen. What a ride it's been. What a great age for Marvel fans.

What have been your favorite Marvel Studios movie moments?

Which MPQ character tie-ins have been your favorite?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Favorite moment is very hard.   Here are 3 in no order that really set this on a special path.  

Iron Man 1:  At the end with Robert Downey Jr looking straight ahead and saying “I am Iron Man”.  

Iron Man 1:   The credit scene with Nick Fury/Samual L Jackson.  That was a true goose bumbs moment.  You knew that this was real and what could be coming and all our hopes for something big from Marvel was happening.  
    “I’m here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative”. 

The Avengers:  Now has to be the most iconic scene of all the MCU.  Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor.  Standing in a circle in New York.  
    “Call it, Captain!”

• barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    When Captain tries to lift the hammer in Ultron, and Thor gets nervous. Then vision lifts it.

When Captain tells Thor to put down the hammer in avengers.

When Thor shows up in wakanda in infinity war.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    "If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Some favorite moments for me (in no particular order)
    Avengers 1: Schwarma
    Loki getting rag-doll'd by Hulk
    Lokis subsequent reaction to Thor getting the same treatment in Ragnarok 
    Tony Stark meeting Peter Parker 
    Cap and Bucky scrapping with Tony at the end of Civil war
    Dr Strange's "open your eye!" scene
    Infinity War-pretty much all of it 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    The Groot scenes from IW.  All of them.
    Spidey sneaking onto ship in IW.  
    Loved all of Homecoming.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one version of Thor who doesn't wield Mjolnir gets new cover art showing him wielding Mjolnir.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Not quite what you meant but it's the first thing that came to my mind.

When I realized they really were going to make the Runaways TV show. In 2008 they had plans for a Runaways movie. Nothing came of that, of course. Until finally last year they said they were making a show. Which I doubted at first considering what happened with the movie but then the show actually happened. I was excited about them finally getting something after waiting a decade for it, even if it wasn't what was initially planned. It's not the best show ever or anything but the fact that the series and characters have only been around for 15 years (and only 5 when they planned the movie) and are already on TV is pretty cool, most of the other characters with movies/shows have been around way longer so they did it relatively quick. Also, it lead to Marvel not only finally using the characters in the comics again (and reviving Victor (and Gert) after that **** in Vision's series) but to them getting another series.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    THANOS finally getting his due.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    People Vs Frank Castle- Punisher really is the best of Netflix. and the best adaptation of a character since casting Hemsworth. The Batch as the good Dr. is pretty spot on casting as well

Thor and vision talking about Mewmew "....light on the backswing...."

The end of Iron Man 3 when he's like "I'm just an actor mate" and the whole juxtapose of the Mandarin not being the true enemy

Stan Lee cameos -  "Tony Stank" 

The surprise chemistry of the Guardians. appreciate the voice work of Cooper and VinD, and the timing of Bautista. 

Frigga(Russo) fighting dark elf , Winter Soldier Elevator fight, thanos vs Hulk!

The dialouge writers for Spider-man - from humor : "That old movie Empire strikes Back" to the pathos of "I don't want to go mr stark"

Really the best MPQ tie-in was antman and wasp. The thanos christmas was cool but failed as a tie in cuz I don't remember what it was for. Honorable mention Civil War.

• Dormammu
    purplemur said:
    Stan Lee cameos -  "Tony Stank" 
    Picking a favorite from these could be a thread unto itself.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Whosoever wields this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

*Thor regains his powers and proceeds to thrash The Destroyer*
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cap vs Batroc in Winter Soldier

Cap punching out a Quinnjet in Winter Soldier

Spider-Man realizing his girlfriend's dad is Batman...I mean the Vulture, and the subsequent car ride to the dance. Should have seen that coming, since it was the spider-man-iest thing of all time that could happen, but they got me with it just the same.

Spider-Man stuck in the warehouse all night montage followed by the suit telling him it had only been 30 minutes

Everything Korg was doing in Ragnarok.

Everything Yondu was doing in GotG 2

When Human Form Ego is courting Star Lord's mom, and he's driving a Mustang King Cobra II. Such an amazing car choice for that character
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    "I am Iron Man."

Peter and Vulture in the car.

Rag doll, Loki. And also "real Loki" after finding out his mother died.

Sam Rockwell

I don't like Civil War as much as most people, but the airport scene in a vacuum was great.

Luis.

"You should have gone for the head."
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Thor vs Hulk on Sakar Arena  :)

• Dormammu
    My favorite MCU film so far is Winter Soldier. Such a great movie. Love the pacing and energy. Love the music. The romantic tension between Cap and Natasha is both obvious and understated at different times. The Nick Fury SUV scene is absolutely awesome, "The air-conditioning is operating at full capacity."

But my favorite moment, the one that gave me goose bumps and reduced me to my 10-year-old self, was when Spider-Man suddenly appeared in Civil War. Suddenly the Sony films that came before neither mattered nor existed. That was Spider-Man, the real Spider-Man, in the hands of Marvel where he belongs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had high-hopes for Andrew Garfield, but I think those movies let him down. That was "my" spider-man though, they really borrowed from the McFarlane era Adjective-less book with the visuals that I was so invested in growing up.

Tom Holland is killing it in a post-homecoming era though, he is definitely great and i'm all in on it.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a list of "problems of the 'Amazing' Spider-Man films", Andrew Garfield's name does not appear.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I agree with many of those already listed. one that really got me was Cap meeting Groot:
    "I am Groot!"
    "I am Steve Rogers."
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    My favorite thing in all of the Marvel movies so far was the fight between Iron Man and Iron Monger in the first Iron Man movie. The first time Monger punched Man and he just went flying. After too many years of super-strength punches being done with wire work where the punched person just floated across the screen, that punch was the first time I felt the sheer kinetic energy that being hit that hard is supposed to impart.

Runner-up moment: "I'm always angry." The theater I was in was on its feet when Ruffalo said that. Not even "Puny god" got that kind of response.