A New Age of Hoarding Starts Tommorrow

2»

Comments

• Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Tensuun said:
    However, I don't really see the point maintaining two max-champed 2*s at all times.
    Thanos & The Two Star Essentials

In case the distinction is lost, the game will auto-pick the highest level version of an essential character. When you have more than one at the same level, it will auto-pick the healthier version. So, since the essentials don't sort to the front of the list like they do in PvP, you don't have to waste time scrolling through hundreds of characters if you want to save a health pack finding another copy.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why you'd have two 2* Max champs and a 3rd to get up to 63 covers. Surely the benefit is a 1:1 sale of max champ and have the farm dupe ready for an instant net win without losing the availability of your max champ or having to save the ISO. But you do need the HP spare which is harder to acquire than the ISO. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Previously when my 2* dupes hit 135 I would toss my maxed and start a rebuild. This let me eliminate cover waste and still always have a decent leveled one for required nodes. Most of the time I would have 75k iso tied up in each dupe.

Now I intend to always keep 1 at 144 and wait for the dupes to reach 50 covers saved. Then champ them, sell them, and start over. This frees up the redundant iso to level other characters.

I currently have about a dozen 3*s with both a 266 and a 2nd one champed. The dupe champs will still get their levels as covers arrive, but now any new dupes will just be cover banks until I choose to do more with them.

While still a long way off from maxing any 4*s, I no longer have a reason to start a rebuild early (plan was at 360). I can just push them to max then start a dupe. If I start with 10 straight covers of 1 color there will no longer be any waste to fret over.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    I think what people are missing from the OP, and I could be wrong, is the difference between going into a 3* pvp with a max champed toon vs a just champed one (or god forbid a non champed) is night and day. I know I was excited to hear I didn't have to sell my max champed 3* for iso (even though I have since the update went live on Wednesday, twice)
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Once you are in 4* and 5* land, there is never a phase of mpq where you NEED a 2* at level 144. It doesn’t speed up pve in the 2* essential nodes, and you should be able to beat DDQ with any level of 2*. There is no point at all in hoarding covers unless you don’t have 13 covers yet or the ISO to champ them, once you do.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once you are in 4* and 5* land, there is never a phase of mpq where you NEED a 2* at level 144. It doesn’t speed up pve in the 2* essential nodes, and you should be able to beat DDQ with any level of 2*. There is no point at all in hoarding covers unless you don’t have 13 covers yet or the ISO to champ them, once you do.  
    Speeds up ddq slightly. Any time saved is a victory. But it’s more about having the little piggy banks for emergencies. 
  • Kahmon
    I think what people are missing from the OP, and I could be wrong, is the difference between going into a 3* pvp with a max champed toon vs a just champed one (or god forbid a non champed) is night and day. I know I was excited to hear I didn't have to sell my max champed 3* for iso (even though I have since the update went live on Wednesday, twice)
    It has always been good to keep the big one and start a dupe, but now you don't need to tie up 127k iso into champing the dupes.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Speeds up ddq slightly. Any time saved is a victory. But it’s more about having the little piggy banks for emergencies. 
    I have a friend with something like 40 2* max champed piggy banks he had against a rainy day.

I pointed out to him that there is actually an iso bank at the top of the screen also. If he sold them the iso would still be there when he woke up in the morning and he would need fewer roster slots.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I've never understood the point of rostering 2* dupes...I sell mine as soon as I have a single cover over 144 .  2s are useless in PvP and basically do nothing in their essential nodes once you're well established in 3/4 land.
  • Kahmon
    I've never understood the point of rostering 2* dupes...I sell mine as soon as I have a single cover over 144 .  2s are useless in PvP and basically do nothing in their essential nodes once you're well established in 3/4 land.
    For me it's about having as good as possible version of each character even if they rarely see play and even more rarely make a difference. They do all cycle in for story required nodes and behemoth burrito though so may as well have them as strong as possoble. You also need 3 daily for 2 of the DDQ nodes so you may as well make them as easy as possible for you.

Beyond those, they are also emergency roster slots and an iso bank. That may no longer be an issue, but it sure saved my behind a few months ago when I needed to champ 4 4*s in 2 weeks.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    The reason, Thanos for pve. If you use Thanos for pve on the 2E nodes you need to make sure they will survive 3 deaths for the grind plus another 4 for the clear.  This is unless you want to buy health packs.  I know exactly how many of each I need so I never have to put a Health pack into them for pve.  It’s about the numbers of, this 2* cost XXXX Hp for a roster slot but if I have to buy health packs for pve it would coat XXX.  Then figure out how many subs that pve event is then also over how many times they will be in a pve event.  It’s the really long game if you want to do.  
  • The rockett
    ZeroKarma said:
    broll said:
    I have a friend with something like 40 2* max champed piggy banks he had against a rainy day.

I pointed out to him that there is actually an iso bank at the top of the screen also. If he sold them the iso would still be there when he woke up in the morning and he would need fewer roster slots.
    Wonder who that is?  You know the reason, it’s all Thanos for pve. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    @The rockett

Out of curiosity, why use 2*s for Thanos fodder?

I always use my under-covered non-essential 5*s for Thanos fodder.

a) If I pick the right guys I can get exactly 8 immediate wins out of mine (albeit it depends on what level your Thanos is at).
    b) Less time changing chars.
    c) I still never use health packs to clear.
    d) PLUS I can pick 5*s that complete a rainbow  (Red/Blue/Yellow) to help ensure a quick victory even if Black/Pink/Green are starved for a match out of the gate.

My go-to is DocOck/OML

Am I missing something why 2*s would be better?
  • The rockett
    @The rockett

a) If I pick the right guys I can get exactly 8 immediate wins out of mine (albeit it depends on what level your Thanos is at).
    d) PLUS I can pick 5*s that complete a rainbow  (Red/Blue/Yellow) to help ensure a quick victory even if Black/Pink/Green are starved for a match out of the gate.

My go-to is DocOck/OML

2* essentials. That’s why.  
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to throw my three cents in, I always carry a max-champed Ares. I just can't let go of him. He slaughters the 2-star DDQ nodes pretty much by himself. All the other twos I recycle as soon as I have one cover over 144, but I always carry that max-champed Ares...
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    @The rockett

My go-to is DocOck/OML

I think there’s a slight misunderstanding here. The 2*s duplicates he was mentioning were specifically used for the 2* essential nodes. If we have multiple copies of the same character at the same level, the game would choose the one with the higher health. So, instead of trying to find the duplicate by scrolling a lot of pages and wasting time, we are letting the game choosing the higher health version of the 2* all the time. If someone’s Thanos is dealing 4k per Court Death, you can imagine, I think only boosted Moonstone could survive 4 matches. If we play optimally, the 2* would get hit by at least 7 Court Deaths. Having multiple copies of the 2*s means we aren’t wasting time or health packs.

The rockett said:
    2* essentials. That’s why.  
    I took the liberty to explain it a bit more.. :lol:

Yep, I messed this up.
    I thought you meant the Easy Nodes, not the 2*Essential Nodes.
    My bad.