About the strongest PVE characters

Rogue4Lyfe
Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
Goons seems to be weak in the game since they cannot move tiles, but sometimes there are some characters that can completely dissolve the team with just 1 CD tile that you cannot match it away. I've made a list of some Troublemakers in the game.
I your opinion, choose which PVE character is the most annoying and painful, or the hardest to deal with in the game.
(I also add characters like Galactus, Ultron and Gorgon)

About the strongest PVE characters 103 votes

Mindless Ones
39%
Wil88thedarkphoenixwymtimepillaroffaith23moss04AkuvilleTiggidadivounealaethZootSaxPolarPopBearWarbringaSTOPTHISvaportrailprofessorplum9Qubortjayx_2JHawkIncbonny79evade420 41 votes
Maggias
6%
DormammusinnerjfludonomefooGoBucsGoDyingLegendYellowsnowRogue4Lyfe 7 votes
Symbioties
0%
Tensuun 1 vote
S.H.I.E.L.D.
0%
The Hand / Gorgon
0%
purplemur 1 vote
Doombots
0%
H.A.M.M.E.R.
0%
Sentry Fighters (Ultron / Ultron Prime)
51%
KolenceColognoisseurkillercoolabmorazsirwookieechrisfrachrStevO-JUNC_SamuraiHendrossBlindman13Daichesrdvargas1MoosePrimeWEBGASammenelltph_jamessupergarvmaguirenumber6rastafari7Mortalo 53 votes
ISO-8 Mutants
0%
Galactus
0%

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mindless Ones
    I feel like the Mindless Ones, more than any other goon type, have the ability to make me go from "I've got this" to "How did I lose?" in record-breaking time. It's mainly that AoE, which for some reason isn't as bad when the Maggia dude is basically doing the same thing.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Swarm is extremely annoying, especially when two of the enemy sentries are using it every turn.

Muscle's Threaten can get very strong at high levels, and the Mindless Ones as a collective unit can make playing against them slow and frustrating.

One rarely-mentioned tactic to combat them however - use Kraven! His passive can reduce the strength of special tiles to 1 (over the space of several turns) if there are four or more on the board. I'm going to try this against the Mindless Ones when Honor Amongst Thieves comes around again.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Mindless Ones
    The Ultron Sentries are super annoying, but for some reason, I tend to have a harder time against the Mindless Ones.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mindless Ones
    JHawkInc said:
    I feel like the Mindless Ones, more than any other goon type, have the ability to make me go from "I've got this" to "How did I lose?" in record-breaking time. It's mainly that AoE, which for some reason isn't as bad when the Maggia dude is basically doing the same thing.
    Yes, the eyebeam thing always seems to resolve when I fight those dudes. And as they typically have a defence shield out straight away they can be annoying.
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Sentries can move, has passive ability and can easily destroy all R&G tiles.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Mindless Ones
    Over time, thought the sentry fighters are super annoying... that black fist tile created by the mindless ones always whittles some health away. Sometimes a great deal of health too. It was the biggest cause of healthpack use in pve for me... now with gambit nerfed it will be even worse 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I rather deal with Mindless Ones over Sentries & Ultron any day.
    When I know I have to deal with them in PVE, I drop down two SCL levels to save on healthpacks.  I don't care if I lose out on the larger awards.  
    For me, I like Strang3 with Mindless Ones.  They are always throwing out tiles.  Strang3 helps by throwing out Flames of Flatlines (? sorry; I don't recall exact name but he was once a doctor).  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mindless Ones
    The Sentry goons always can just go swarm-->crit tiles and start one-shotting people, but otherwise you can get by brute-forcing them with a wide variety of characters if you don't mind eating a health pack or two.  The Mindless Ones spam so many tiles that you really need to put a lot more thought into team selection against them and even then can take some pretty huge damage with only a little bad luck.  Back in the original incarnation of 3* Gambit, he, 3* Strange and Quake could effortlessly beat the Mindless ones, but since then they've gotten a lot more dicey for me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I don't see The Kingdom of Wakanda on this list lol. That place is a nightmare with all it's "neutral" tiles
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Sentries move tiles and don't fire powers. The worst kind of goons
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I should have voted mindless ones because with most sentry teams you can do okay targeting the ones that swarm before the ones that make crits or heal.  With the mindless you have to worry about unlucky placement of their aoe, attack or shield tiles.  Both sentries and mindless have really lengthy enemy turns, which is just as stressful as actual difficulty.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    Both sentries and mindless have really lengthy enemy turns, which is just as stressful as actual difficulty.  
    This.  but the truth is all of those goons are stressful if they are massively over scaled to your team. 

Its not in the game now,  but who can forget the flashing symbiotes?  this was back during the medical testing phase, when the devs tried to see how refreshes they could stuff into an event with a 2hr 30m recharge window and how it affected endurance in 7 day events.

Or when they kept fine tuning their epilepsey program (I am joking about that, but it was amazing how headache inducing some of the animations actually were)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Are the S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. goons different in any way?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mindless Ones
    It's close, but the Mindless Ones putting pretty strong tiles on the board right off the bat makes them tougher than Sentries in my mind.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    Symbioties
    Tough call between Symbiotes and Sentries; worst is when they work together for...reasons.

Since Sentry powers are all passively activated and don't need AP to work, there's basically no counter-play; they always take less damage from my stuff, do extra damage to me, and hit me 2 or more times each turn (possible cascades in the beginning, then a match with possible cascades, then an almost-guaranteed Attack tile).

Symbiote Lockjaw still gives me a hard time in SCL8+ sometimes; it's worst if a Sentry is present, of course, but the Symbiotes have a strong tendency to eventually place one unmatchable countdown that spews special tiles all over the place. Once the non-countdown specials exist, they're unmatchable as long as the opponent still has one dog in play.

(I want to champ my Kraven so bad.)

Mindless Ones, Maggia, etc. – any goons whose turn consists of "spend AP to place a countdown, create AP, end turn" – there are several options in each tier to either counter enemy power activations, or just get enough board control to deal with the countdowns before they do anything. Of these, the biggest problem is probably Maggia, but only because they often appear in a context where they're feeding Kingpin endless black AP and tiles.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Mindless Ones
    Ultron Sentries are annoying to fight against however they aren't really deadly in that they have no AP powers.  They can also be easily planned against with team choices. The gunners are the only ones capable of doing a lot of damage in a short time with their critical tiles but that can be somewhat mitigated by matching/destroying enemy tiles.  The Mindless Ones are far more difficult because they have really high health, spam strong tiles and have strong buff abilities.  Their countdown tiles are also pretty easy to fire because they need a ridiculously low amount of AP to do so, that is why they spam them about so easily compared to other goons.  Only the Thug pistol is about as easy to spam as the Mindless Ones tiles.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    You are all crazy.  :p

Mindless Ones, Symbiotes, Sentries... they're just annoying. Their turns take too long, they chip away at you with their buzzing antics, and they fill the board with their cute little tiles that all hit about as hard as an insect bite.

There is not a more dangerous goon combination than two Maggia Muscles and a Hitman. This is fact. If you lose track/control of what they are doing, they will ruin your day.
    Maggia (and any others that only attack with countdown tiles) are the easiest. Even as I climb higher with my 3* I still sometimes use 2* BW against them. So long as you keep matching blue and using her power, their countdowns never go off. And if the node is made up of three of them, since they never get to attack I don't lose any health which means I don't have to waste health packs. She's awesome for that.

All the others that have more than just countdown tiles are annonying. Not sure who I'd call the worst because they're all frustrating in their own way.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I use Strang3, 3* Captain Marvel and 3* Thor and Mindless Ones feels like a breeze for me. Sentrys, on the other hand, I cannot deal at all. They always make me lose a lot of health because of the cascades before I can down them.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    The Hand / Gorgon
    I always remember the double Don node being insane, I can't distinguish which but there's this one symbiote wave that goes on forever that used to be hairy for me, The sentry's going America fireworks on the board while healing has always been bbroken. Grenadiers and Gatling gunsmight have done the most meaningful damage to me,
    however the ninja are just the worst.
    Kishu - they can take forever  cuz that shield in the corner! and their little aoe traps. 
    Konran - if your sleeping on the Meteor you hurt bad
    I don't know how many times I've been lazy grinding and killed Teisatsu first just to have them wither away at me super annoyingly for the rest of the round/wave