Space Stone Season Updates *Updated (8/9/18)

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another season with no new events, new buffs or character rebalances outside of gambits pathetic baby nerf/buff. Same old boring & outdated,regurgitated events year after year with a lame antiquated reward structure. Very disappointing but it’s expected. Marvel strike force is about to get a lot more business. Sad day.

Marvel Strike Force is going down in flames. Check their reddit. I made a post in the "Other Games" section.

From my other post:
    But the long term relative stability of MPQ shouldn't be underestimated. As much as the forums have had uproars over the years, it's still all been a pretty fair game environment, with very little injustice. Lots of things players don't like, sure, but very little injustice.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Wow.  I was gonna write a snarky response but I don’t want to get another warning.  Need to save that for another time. Just sad to see the same old black hole of nothingness. 
    Gambit nerf is far from nothing.  Not sure what’s to complain about. It’s literally a character rebalance and the one people have been asking for ages. 

Also go check the release notes. Unprecedentedly amazing news over there. 
    Gambit nerf was coming. They got all the money they needed out of him so it’s time to knock him down.  Yes, just saw the 100 covers being saved.  That’s great news but not tied to the new season. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Daiches said:
    And you forgot the following:
    The Bad:
    Removal of all Heroic PVE events
    It's been a lot longer than this year that we haven't had Heroics, hasn't it?
    Another season with no new events, new buffs or character rebalances outside of gambits pathetic baby nerf/buff. Same old boring & outdated,regurgitated events year after year with a lame antiquated reward structure. Very disappointing but it’s expected. Marvel strike force is about to get a lot more business. Sad day.
    I'm really bored with this complaint every time Brigby even sneezes around here. We've heard it a few thousand times now.

This year, whether people like the changes or not, has shown me that MPQ is going to be around for a while. That the developers are not even close to abandoning it or shutting it down. There have been a lot of new things that I liked:

1 - SHIELD Training story events. I forget if these were introduced this year or in 2017, but it sure is nice to have something other than normal PvE to dip my toe into. Even if I can't complete it 100%, it's nice to have a source of extra resources I normally wouldn't have.

2 - Growth Industry story events. See above. I've really enjoyed how challenging these are. I hope we see more things like this.

3 - More boss events. I can't get enough of these. So much better than normal PvE events to me. They really help keep things fresh. Tying them to new character releases is also appreciated.

4 - Supports. It really doesn't matter if you like these or not. At the very least they prove MPQ has continued life and the developers won't stop trying new things. I recently got a support I can actually use (only rank 2, as well) and leveled it to 100. It's the first time I've done anything with supports, but I'm kind of into having it now.

So we haven't received much for character rebalancing outside of Gambit. Okay. I'm actually cool with that. I have 164 characters. I don't need them all to be completely evenly effective because I'm never going to start using them all. New characters are about 50/50 on whether they'll be good or complete stinkers. It's always been that way. If a character is poor I don't have to worry about chasing after it. I'm glad I have an excuse to hoard (again) around Wasp. Getting JJ and Okoye really taxed my resources.

Oh, and one last thing, people need to stop with the 'Marvel Strike Force is going to take over' garbage. Whatever. That game doesn't have a sliver of the depth MPQ has and it never will.
    I don’t know what the life of MPQ is, but what I do know is the stats I have been tracking now.  We lost 5000 people in 2 seasons with pvp.  Around 7500 in 3 seasons.  We will see what this next season brings.  
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I’ll like to see the return of system reboot personally. It doesn’t need to even give away covers, just a play mode that include varied number of opponents who aren’t scaled to death and aren’t locked out after a number of hits so we can test a number of different teams with next to no repercussions
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    Daiches said:
    And you forgot the following:
    The Bad:
    Removal of all Heroic PVE events
    It's been a lot longer than this year that we haven't had Heroics, hasn't it?
    I'm really bored with this complaint every time Brigby even sneezes around here. We've heard it a few thousand times now.

This year, whether people like the changes or not, has shown me that MPQ is going to be around for a while. That the developers are not even close to abandoning it or shutting it down. There have been a lot of new things that I liked:

1 - SHIELD Training story events. I forget if these were introduced this year or in 2017, but it sure is nice to have something other than normal PvE to dip my toe into. Even if I can't complete it 100%, it's nice to have a source of extra resources I normally wouldn't have.

2 - Growth Industry story events. See above. I've really enjoyed how challenging these are. I hope we see more things like this.

3 - More boss events. I can't get enough of these. So much better than normal PvE events to me. They really help keep things fresh. Tying them to new character releases is also appreciated.

4 - Supports. It really doesn't matter if you like these or not. At the very least they prove MPQ has continued life and the developers won't stop trying new things. I recently got a support I can actually use (only rank 2, as well) and leveled it to 100. It's the first time I've done anything with supports, but I'm kind of into having it now.

(Edit)------
    5 - Unlimited Saved Covers. This is amazing. The only thing better than this would be colorless covers, which this practically is.
    (End Edit)-----

So we haven't received much for character rebalancing outside of Gambit. Okay. I'm actually cool with that. I have 164 characters. I don't need them all to be completely evenly effective because I'm never going to start using them all. New characters are about 50/50 on whether they'll be good or complete stinkers. It's always been that way. If a character is poor I don't have to worry about chasing after it. I'm glad I have an excuse to hoard (again) around Wasp. Getting JJ and Okoye really taxed my resources.

Oh, and one last thing, people need to stop with the 'Marvel Strike Force is going to take over' garbage. Whatever. That game doesn't have a sliver of the depth MPQ has and it never will.
    I’d like this twice if I could especially the last paragraph.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    jackstar0 said:
    They handled Ant-Man and Wasp tie-ins excellently. That shouldn't be underappreciated.
    This is true. Should be a template, no?

Maybe Cable for Deadpool’s DVD release
    Shoulderpads and no-foot Cable or we should riot
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    jackstar0 said:
    They handled Ant-Man and Wasp tie-ins excellently. That shouldn't be underappreciated.

And pouches. Lots and lots of pouches.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    jackstar0 said:

And pouches. Lots and lots of pouches.
    He should also have a mechanic where all of his powers become "Enormous gun".
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:

Controversial at best. You are severely downplaying the sour taste it put in people's mouths when they make a new character required that less than 5% of the playerbase has any real chance at covering in the timeframe that they give you. Yes, they did change this for a time, but as of Emma Frost's SHIELD Training, its back to the same tomfoolery. You are correct that it's nice to get some resources you normally wouldn't, but this gating seems a little harsh when they've introduced sooooo many other PVE offshoots that don't have these same restrictions. As you yourself stated, Growth Industry is a perfect example of a recent one. 

The break from the daily PVE grind is indeed quite awesome, but then you come to that realization that you're severely lacking on the resources you would generally acquire from a normal PVE event. Variety is great, but IMO it shouldn't come at the cost of resources to progress your roster. We've complained for AGES for them to just make the rewards a little more on par with a regular PVE event. They did that to some extent by finally putting a 4-star in progression, but people need their iso. Not all of us have the luxury of being "post-iso". 

I've never necessarily hated these, but when it comes to the implementation and rollout of supports, I think anyone can objectively agree that they are having quite a terrible go of it. It takes quite an investment to make a support viable enough to have an impact on the tide of battle, and the resources necessary aren't exactly readily available. There's no way to EARN tokens, and even if you buy them, you're still subject to RNG, so actually getting one to Rank 5 has become incredibly elusive. The most red iso you get is from actually getting a dupe support, which no one wants when they make tokens so hard to acquire in the first place. 

5 - Unlimited Saved Covers. This is amazing. The only thing better than this would be colorless covers, which this practically is.

You're taking this a little far by calling this "practically" colorless covers. The important thing to remember about this new feature is that it spells the death of customer service swaps at the 5-star level, which beats this feature by a longshot. You're not going to convince me that being able to trade ONE useless cover for one that isn't, is better than needing to save 3 to do the same thing. To be fair, this does eliminate the iso crunch, which is a gargantuan step forward for a lot of other aspects of the game, but this is most crucial for the players that are trying to transition to the 5-star tier, which is effectively the end game right? Getting those additional dupe covers to be traded in just isn't feasible unless you have a massive hoard, and I'm talking while they're in Latest still. Once that 5 moves to classics, then may the RNG Gods be with you. Again, great feature for pretty much all other aspects of the game, but people are gonna feel this hardest when they try to move to 5-land. 

Knowing you 're not going to use the entirety of your roster isn't exactly solid reasoning for them to not keep a watchful eye on who's way overpowered, way underpowered, or falling behind because times and characters are different. The fact of the matter is that characters in the same tier are supposed to be relatively close in terms of power and effectiveness. A character becoming obsolete is something that should NEVER happen. If the game changes, then the characters should be changing with it, old and new alike. Not seeing we need a character update EVERY season, but some kind of regular maintenance should still be happening. They only bothered with Gambit because we complained like there's no tomorrow, and it was pretty easy to objectively prove that he's broken. I still love this game, and will continue to play it, but that's not reason enough for me to just brush off every foul-up. 
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    Well MPQ.....You forced my hand and I sold the Gambit that I have worked years to strengthen and you made him useless. As a player that has been with MPQ since launch date I am getting real tired of developers giving in to the new players who cant win immediately. They just didnt like playing against Gambit so they cried until you nerfed him beyond use. This is a disturbing trend that began with OML. So I took the 243,000 iso & 11 5star pulls. Many of us used Gambit for pve so we werent playing 6 hours / day.  I wonder what character the new players will target next.....I bet it will be 5star Thor. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Hoser said:
    Well MPQ.....You forced my hand and I sold the Gambit that I have worked years to strengthen and you made him useless. As a player that has been with MPQ since launch date I am getting real tired of developers giving in to the new players who cant win immediately. They just didnt like playing against Gambit so they cried until you nerfed him beyond use. This is a disturbing trend that began with OML. So I took the 243,000 iso & 11 5star pulls. Many of us used Gambit for pve so we werent playing 6 hours / day.  I wonder what character the new players will target next.....I bet it will be 5star Thor. 
    Dont know where you get this new player nonsense from. New players would never face Gambit since they wouldn't have a 5* roster for him to become an opponent. The players that complained most were actually the vets who all had Gambit and knew he was far too overpowered. 
    Most Vet's (550) complained about gambit because he allowed those getting into 5 land to compete with them. Its going to be almost impossible to now again.

Which I personally dont have a problem with, but there concern wasn't the health of the game trust....

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Huntah86 said:
    Hoser said:
    Gambit was released last October so it hasn't even been one year let alone years.

He trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber... or the Hyperbole Time Chamber. Hard to say.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    akboyce said:
    Huntah86 said:
    Hoser said:
    Gambit was released last October so it hasn't even been one year let alone years.

He trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber... or the Hyperbole Time Chamber. Hard to say.
    In theory, one could have used Gambit for two "years".  2017 and 2018.  Yet somehow I don't think that was what was implied.  Incidentally, looking at the time stamp, Hoser somehow sold Gambit before one could sell Gambit.  That, in itself, is quite a feat.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I can sense this thread getting a bit heated, so I want to remind everyone to please keep all comments civil and constructive. Thank you!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby @IceIX any word on how long the buyback store will be open? Is it the length of the PvP season?
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I used my undercovered and otherwise unused Gambit in one PvP match last season and got a free Legendary cover today.  Thanks!  :)
  • Brigadierbleu
    Brigadierbleu Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    @Brigby Any chance we can see Enemy of the State this season?  It has been forever since it was run.