Celebrating 50 Years of Captain Marvel! (7/19/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

It's been 50 amazing years since Captain Marvel's creation in 1968, and that calls for a celebration!

Marvel Puzzle Quest Celebrates 50 Years of Carol Danvers at SDCC 2018

Supports

Perk List
All perks are at Rank 5, Level 250
  • Perk 1
    • At the start of the battle, there's a 65% chance to create 2 Protect tiles of Strength 969.
  • Perk 3
    • When a friendly special tile is matched, there's a 65% chance to heal the supported character, for 3,230 health.
  • Perk 5
    • Damage from enemy powers is reduced by 2,388
  • Nick Fury Synergy Perk
    • At the start of the turn, there's a 40% chance to gain 1 AP in the lowest friendly AP pool.

Perk List
  • Perk 1
    • When the supported character makes a match, there's a 35% chance of improving a friendly Strike tile by 640.
  • Perk 3
    • At the start of the turn, there's a 24% chance to fortify a random friendly special tile.
  • Perk 5
    • Whenever you match an enemy Strike tile, deal 2,787 damage.
  • Captain Marvel (Modern) Synergy Perk
    • Whenever Captain Marvel fires a power, there's a 85% chance to gain 2 Red or Black AP.

Perk List
  • Perk 1
    • When the supported character makes a match, there;s a 55% chance to create a strength 456 Attack tile.
  • Perk 3
    • When a friendly power is fired, there's a 19% chance to remove an enemy special tile.
  • Perk 5
    • At the start of the turn, there's a 26% chance to create a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that stuns a random enemy for 1 turn.

Store Offers

General
  • Carol Communicator, The Carol Corps, and Chewie will be visible in the Support screen at 7:00 AM EDT on Tuesday July 24th
  • New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT later that day (See Below).
  • All special offers last for two days.
Supports: Captain Marvel Store
  • Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
    • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)
    • Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)
    • Carol Communicator (Super Beeper)
    • Chewie (Flerken Feline)
    • The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)
  • Carol Communicator, The Carol Corps, and Chewie are available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 24.
  • Only visible if you have a token for it.
Carol's Arsenal Vault
  • A 280 item vault
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 2x Captain Marvel: Master token
    • 6x Captain Marvel: Advanced token
    • 12x Captain Marvel: Beginner token
    • 3x random 4-Stars
    • 27x random 3-Stars
    • 160x random 2-Stars
    • 3x 300 Red Iso-8 items
    • 6x 200 Red Iso-8 items
    • 6x 150 Red Iso-8 items
    • 6x 50 Red Iso-8 items
    • 12x 25 Red Iso-8
    • 1x 10,000 Iso-8 item
    • 2x 5,000 Iso-8 items
    • 12x 1,500 Iso-8 items
    • 21x 1,000 Iso-8 items
50 Years Vault
  • A 41 item vault
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 2x Captain Marvel: Beginner token
    • 1x random Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) cover
    • 5x random Captain Marvel (Modern) covers
    • 12x random Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) covers
    • 3x Heroic tokens
    • 5x Elite tokens
    • 2x 500 Red Iso-8 items
    • 1x 5,000 Iso-8 item
    • 3x 2,500 Iso-8 items
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8 items
Lockjaw Heroes for Hire Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) Yellow Cover
    • 2x Captain Marvel: Advanced token
    • 3x Captain Marvel: Beginner token
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8
Carol Danvers Heroes for Hire Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) Black Cover
    • 1x Captain Marvel: Master token
    • 1x Captain Marvel: Advanced token
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8

Events

Fly-Fight-Win - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: July 22nd, 8am EDT
  • Ends: July 25th, 3am EDT
  • Features Captain Marvel (Modern)
Fight and Flight - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: July 24nd, 8am EDT
  • Ends: July 28th, 3am EDT
  • Features Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I understand Carol is Captain Marvel and there's a movie and all that jazz, but supports aren't something worth getting excited for.

I would have been way more excited if to celebrate Captain Marvel we got Mar-Vell and Monica Rambeau. Maybe for the movie. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh boy more supports!!!!!! 

I think it's time to take a break for me... 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the Carol specific support only gives the Carol specific buff on the 3 star? Ok......
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Boooorrrrrriiiinnnngggg.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I like Carol's Communicator because of its true heal perk and damage reduction perk. I assume it's a true heal perk because I think Lucky Support also has true heal perk.

It seems that they increased the odds from 1:27 to 1:24, and they increased the number of Master Token by 1, I think. 

Hopefully, we'll get 1 free Token to 50 years vault, 3 tokens to the Arsenal vault, 4 to 6 beginner tokens and 2 advanced tokens. 

Thanks for the free 3* cover too.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Please tell me there will be another pleasant surprise next week and there will be some Support tokens handed out as a log-in bonus? That would be pretty much the only thing to make this even slightly interesting in my opinion.

Mind you, the 41 item Vault looks like a decent value offer to spend some HP on. That is all...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    50 Years of Carol Danvers and MPQ celebrates it like any other 2 week release. So basically this is the new repeated and redundant template for new releases or celebrations. The same 2 HFH offers with only the available cover changed, but everything else included in the offers is the same as always. Same 41 item vault as the Ghost release. Same 280 item Support vault with more than half of it being 2*'s. Can't forget the release of new character specific Supports to celebrate a new Marvel movie just like they did for the Black Panther movie. This is getting old fast. Not worth any investment of CP, HP, or real money.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are none of these for Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers?
    As in the one everyone wants covered because she's awesome. The newer one. The 4* one.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I REALLY hope they stop making isolated specfic character supports.
    Spider-sense for instance should surely have a Peter Parker synergy perk for example.
    And instead of making a support that gives an additional bonus to only Modern Carol, how about every inception of Carol? 
    Supports are falling flat as it is, reducing their usefulness if not equipped to a singular character is a bit of a slap in the face... especially considering how many dupes we have of the same characters all across the board.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol's Arsenal Vault
    • A 280 item vault
      • 1x Legendary Token
      • 2x Captain Marvel: Master token
      • 6x Captain Marvel: Advanced token
      • 12x Captain Marvel: Beginner token
      • 3x random 4-Stars
      • 27x random 3-Stars
      • 160x random 2-Stars
      • 3x 300 Red Iso-8 items
      • 6x 200 Red Iso-8 items
      • 6x 150 Red Iso-8 items
      • 6x 50 Red Iso-8 items
      • 12x 25 Red Iso-8
      • 1x 10,000 Iso-8 item
      • 2x 5,000 Iso-8 items
      • 12x 1,500 Iso-8 items
      • 21x 1,000 Iso-8 items

Ok seriously.  I posted a question in the previous release for supports on asking about the statistics of how often people are spending HP on these vaults.  I am currently sitting on 20k HP and I actually want some of these supports.  With how horrible the odds are in this vault I just can’t see myself buying a 40 pack for 10k and being disappointed.  I don’t know the statistics of people whaling supports but would like to know.

devs I will tell you this you changed the cascade mechanic because of the perception players have when the AI gets cascades.  Why do you think a similar psychology does not pertain to vaults and RNG.  When you buy a 10 pack or worse a 40 pack and don’t get the prize you want it can feel like the game is rigged.  Also when you do get the support token and you get a duplicate support it feels even worse.  

Here are are a couple of suggestions if you buy a 30 pack you are garunteede the master support token, or you are garunteed one of the new supports at level 4.  This means by spending 10k HP you are getting something good that you want.
    suggestion number 2.  Instead of giving out red iso for duplicate supports allow beginner supports give an extra level to your support up to level 3 if it is level 3 or higher than you get the red iso.  For advanced supports you can increase from level 3 up to 5.  This way your duplicate support is adding instead of just red iso.

lastly start adding support tokens to progression in PVP and PVE in CL9 they should be advanced tokens to encourage players to play higher CL.

please fix how you roll out supports I want to like supports but they 120/280 item vaults to get an opportunity to get a support you may or may not have  sucks.  You have a massive system of RNG on too many levels for supports.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    From personal experience, these vaults are badly mislabelled.  A current one should be Ghost and 2* Foes, for example.  The particular one mentioned here has a superfluous "nal".
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

• 160x random 2-Stars
    This is waaaaaay too many.  Kills the urge to take a chance on a larger pack.
  • HoundofShadow
    I saw in one of the MPQ topic in reddit yesterday about a player maxing out at least 6 of his/her supports. There are whales out there who love supports. I wonder how much money they have spent.

You can get guaranteed Master Token for 250cp though.  Support is still in its early stage so all these calls for easier way of getting Master Tokens or more guaranteed way of getting Master Tokens are likely to be on the back burner. Let's start small with an easier way to get Beginner Token, rather than bypassing both Beginner and Advanced Tokens and then jumping to Master Tokens.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw in one of the MPQ topic in reddit yesterday about a player maxing out at least 6 of his/her supports. There are whales out there who love supports. I wonder how much money they have spent.

You can get guaranteed Master Token for 250cp though.  Support is still in its early stage so all these calls for easier way of getting Master Tokens or more guaranteed way of getting Master Tokens are likely to be on the back burner. Let's start small with an easier way to get Beginner Token, rather than bypassing both Beginner and Advanced Tokens and then jumping to Master Tokens.
    Maxing out lvl 50 to 5-250 is a lot different.  Now that you can see these, you can look at many different rosters.  Here is the thing, somebody that was won 2 seasons and spends A LOT of money doesn’t even have the one stone to 200 yet. It is only 140. They have 0 maxed supports.   I would be very suspicious of anybody that says they have them maxed without a SS. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2018
    That poster posted a screenshot of it. It's on the first page and the topic is "just how?".

Edit: I'm not talking about maxing stone supports, but other supports in general.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    So the Carol specific support only gives the Carol specific buff on the 3 star? Ok......
    If you are having trouble firing 3* Carol's red power to the extent you need a +2 red AP boost then I don't think even this Support will help you. Not that it is worth firing her red. Of course, if this perk gave the damage boost for destroying enemy protect tiles, then it would be quite a decent buff for her red. I guess the rank 5 power works with 3* Carol but I would probably equip this Support to Medusa, not that I will ever get it.