Any tips on how to defeat MPQ Boredom

Options
2»

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    What I don’t think I’ve seen (through I’m sure it’s had to have happened) is someone selling their 5s and returning to 4* play. 
    @Jarvind You’ve been summoned..
    WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER

Anyhow, yeah, I did that.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @ZootSax

PVE vacation is a great idea.  CL7 is starting to get much easier for me, but i'd rather something I can breeze through versus all the stress.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    OJSP said:
    What I don’t think I’ve seen (through I’m sure it’s had to have happened) is someone selling their 5s and returning to 4* play. 

Since you’re awake now... how was that for you? Or if you chronicled your journey in here already is there a link to the thread? Genuinely curious. 

Edit: nevermind I found it. That was back when roster based scaling was a thing. Game has changed immensely since then!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd say it's unavoidable. This is my second time going through it and I don't know if I'll ever play like I did in the past. I log in to see who's up for Clash of Titans. That's about my excitement. After I beat it, or skip due to limited covers, I'm done for the week. I don't even care about CP anymore. I've actually found playing another 3 match game that doesn't involve grinding more enjoyable. You attempt a node, meet three specific requirements, get the items, then move on. This is something MPQ should think about beyond just DPD.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    OJSP said:

Since you’re awake now... how was that for you? Or if you chronicled your journey in here already is there a link to the thread? Genuinely curious. 

Edit: nevermind I found it. That was back when roster based scaling was a thing. Game has changed immensely since then!
    @Daredevil217 I assume you found the "made it to 5* land and it's horrible" thread. If you were interested in how I feel about it looking back, I would still say that the 4* tier is unequivocally more enjoyable than 5* play. The rotating boost list and the not getting constantly pummeled in PVP are just hands down a more fun experience. That said, once I decided to jump back in, I did regret having sold Thanos, since he made PVE lightning fast. And had I known that CL-based scaling was coming, I definitely would have stuck it out.

I sometimes use his 3* version on CL7 on the rare occasions when I can still convince myself to muscle through PVE, but it's still not the same, and now he's in Classic purgatory and thereby nigh-impossible to cover again. I did actually manage to champ a second OML though - when Gambit was released and they offered the Gambit/Phoenix/OML tokens at the bugged 25% odds, I ended up getting like 10 covers for him.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ll tell you, having 5* Thor, even at level 255 is a game changer for me. Fueling Riri/Sandman I was able to get clears done in about 35 minutes (though that was in 8). 

The week before he was fueling Gwenpool which wasn’t as fast due to having to get the gun (that was a bad boost week though). Still nabbed top 10. 

The week before that, Grocket was boosted. Only time I ever tried 9 and I got second place! The LT was a big (pleasant) surprise. 

Next week I’ll figure out who amongst Star-Lord/Rogue/Valkyrie is fastest and Thor will fuel them as well. 

With him and a boosted champ yellow/red/green 4* nuke, clears aren’t TOO horrible and I get to still enjoy 4* play.  I know they’d be faster if I champed my maxed Thor/Jessica/DD but I can’t image they’d be too much faster, and I don’t think the trade-off would be worth it (making most my roster obsolete). 
  • JDFiend
    JDFiend Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    MPQ drinking game. Take a shot everytime -

you see Gambit or Thor in a team pvp. 

the board cascades so the enemy gets every single colour/match they need.

an enemy teen Jean gets a five match. 

you see a dark avenger in PVE. 

your heroic gives you a 2*.

MPQ can be fun again with a crate of Jack. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Something I've done to keep things fresh is build a team around the narrative of the PVE instead of what will be the most effective or efficient.  So do Hearts of Darkness with only Punisher, Rider, Daredevil and Wolverine characters.  For MPQ vs Deadpool, I'm doing some of the nodes with Deadpool and my two weakest characters.  I've also found that Supports keep things interesting and fun.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JDFiend said:

Why do you hate your liver? :-P
  • JDFiend
    JDFiend Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    JDFiend said:

The damn thing keeps trying to sober me up. :( 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Going back from double ISO has been a drag. I wish they'd implement that full-time, at least for shield ranks above I dunno 100-125, somewhere in there.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JDFiend said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    JDFiend said:

The damn thing keeps trying to sober me up. :( 
    Sounds like my ex-wife. 

J/k - had to
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee said:
    Yeah, the only meaningful progress at that point is to hoard for 6 months to add 3 more 5* champs to the roster.

As for the boredom, I find fun combinations to use. Sometimes I'll still use 4* combinations just to break the grind. 5*Hawkeye, Coulson, Shuri is currently my favorite. Sometimes I'll play the Nightcrawler/ProfX mini-game of "can I purple them to death?". Using Nico to buff Grocket/Gamora tiles sky high. I even still bust out 4*Cyclops/KK/3Storm winfinite every once in a while.

Even though all of that is useless for PVP, it keeps everything else fresh.
    Nico is so underrated by 4 star tiers. She's the biggest threats in many fights. If a team has her and Grocket, and you don't take her or the tiles out fast, it's a tidal wave win. The other fun one is 4*CapMarvel, Grocket and 4*Starlord. Every power the enemy fires, powers a countdown tile for Marvel to boost Grockets tiles, as well as the ones she adds. Especially in 4 wave fights, it's fun to watch the CPU ride the Painbow.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Appreciate the advice.  For now, I have cut back to DDQ daily (and just the three harder nodes, really don't care about DDQ tokens).  Will play Boss Events when they come up but otherwise will chill for a bit.