Hey D3, it's time to make more of our rosters useful!

Options
13»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would be really difficult to do that mode in MPQ in a way that didn't make everyone angry.  The problem is that over the years we've all become accustomed to trivially winning every fight.  When they try to make hard fights, or fights where you need a certain team comp to win, people lose their minds over it.  The last time they gave us a "difficult" event was Boss Rush, and people are *still* complaining about that one.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont think people would mind harder fights, if you didn't have to grind them. Thats the issue with this game. You need easy fights because of the amount of times you have to beat them. One off fights would be fine if they were harder. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    People hated the gauntlet too, and those were one-off fights.

I suppose it's possible that most MPQ players will just reflexively hate *any* new game mode.  Like if they made a game mode where there's one enemy who dies in one hit, and awards 1000CP, I'm pretty sure someone would find a way to say it was a slap in the face.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    The problem with the gauntlet was that it wasn't scaled to your roster. It was scaled to someone with many, many champed 5*s. So if you were below that level, you were not going to get anywhere even close to the end. Only a small percentage of players could ever finish it. Everyone should at least have a chance for it to be appreciated by all the players 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I'm not sure what event you're thinking of, but the gauntlet was always roster-scaled, and they had pretty much stopped running it by the time people got 5*.

I think for sub-3* players at that time the scaling could get a little tricky at the end, but I remember racing the gauntlets and frequently getting beat by 3* rosters.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Well, from personal experience, I always found that the scaling had far outreached my roster by midway through the second level of fights. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure what event you're thinking of, but the gauntlet was always roster-scaled, and they had pretty much stopped running it by the time people got 5*.

I think for sub-3* players at that time the scaling could get a little tricky at the end, but I remember racing the gauntlets and frequently getting beat by 3* rosters.
    The trouble was not so much scaling as mirror character lock out. All hard nodes locked out the best characters, or the combo characters (including Deadpool).
    The most hate was for the incredibly poor rewards.