Suggestion: Prestige characters.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Something that's draining my resources these days is making dupe 3*s. I've got all but a few of the latest 3*s up to level 266 now and it is very wasteful to me to sell excess covers in that character. but making a dupe and pouring, what, 150,000 ISO? to champ a dupe feels equally wasteful when there are 4*s and 5*s I'd rather use that for.

So my suggestion is...prestige characters.

When your character has hit their max champ level, you have the option to prestige them. They retain their covers but the champ rewards are reset to their first level of reward.

I'm in two minds whether I would prefer this reset the character level as well or allow the character to stay at 266 and just reset the rewards. It feels less punishing to allow us to keep the maxed character we worked hard for since that's what we're doing anyway when making a dupe. Just our covers into our new level 266 3* and regain the rewards from level 166 onwards.

Just gives us a reason to use our ISO for characters we want to pour it into rather than spend a week building up a dupe 3*.

Thoughts? Balanced? Broken as hell? Dumb idea? Greatest idea ever?

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Well, at max. level you can sell Characters at increased price (ALMOST equal to price you invested into upgrading and promoting them) + some HPs. Not mentioning the awesome rewards you get from champion levels (plus XPs).
    Yes, there is some loss of ISO, but compared to championing rewards (especially covers, HPs, LTs and CPs), it is a small price. ISO-8 may be rare, but in the end, all you can do with it is upgrading characters (you may not get without championing rewards).
    With up to 5 stored covers, you can easily re-build a character again without suffering a loss of covers due to stupid RNG.
    I am not strictly against your idea, i just dont think promoting should be easier than it is now.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah if the prestiged character’s level is reset then you really aren’t saving that much more iso than if you were to sell and invest that iso in a dupe using our current system. Flipping characters is easy and not that spendy if you don’t plan to keep the maxed original.

Unfortunately I am trying to keep my originals so it is costing me quite a bit. It’s not too bad now that I’ve finished the 4* tier (everyone but Wiccan champed) and don’t want to go into the 5* tier. 

Now if they upped the rewards or gave us an iso multiplier each flip, then it might be worth cycling back to level 166. Otherwise, for it to be worth the development time we should keep our 266s. 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I prefer to sell mine as soon as they hit 266...it's a great source of ISO for champing 4s and 5s.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Where I have hear this before...

3* dupes help just like 2*...that said, you're just highlighting the problem that 4-5 transitioners face once they're done with the 4* tier and trying to move on into fives. There is no real transition, so you're forced into farming 3s alongside your 2s.

Welcome to vet probs, brah.

Fwiw, the flavor of the month savings bank really helps with building 3* dupes now.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    This is something I've brought up several times in recent months and it's greatly relevant to my interests. I'm now at 11 max champed 3*s and more are reaching max level every day. It took me until Day 1396 to get to this point, so I don't think that farming 3* characters is viable unless you play even more excessively than I do (which is unhealthy, unsustainable for most, and hardly the standard the game should work from.)

At the same time, I'm feeling the loss in resources as I'm now selling covers instead of cashing them in for better champ rewards. I don't want to sell these hard-earned lvl. 266 characters, nor should I have to, and creating a duplicate 3* and building it from scratch is just too resource intensive, between the 1,000 HP for the roster slot and the ISO that should be going to my 4* characters.

I'd be into the idea of resetting the 3* max champ to lvl. 166 and then setting a champ rewards multiplier on them so that the second and maybe third pass through offers even better rewards. Alternately, they could just open up the cap and add another 100-200 levels of champ rewards, including a second and third set of 4* cover rewards (alleviating the issue of not having every 4* being given a feeder). Of course, in the case of the latter approach, 3* characters would no longer experience stat increases past lvl 266, and any additional levels would purely be tied to rewards — that way they would not exceed their tier and step on 4* and 5* toes.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Once you start getting higher characters, having a 266 3* boosted in pvp starts to mess with MMR. Once I had a single champed 5, I realized I needed to start selling my 266 champs. I view it as money in the bank, helps me champ 5s quicker as it’s all spendable iso
  • mega ghost
    MgoBlue51 said:
    Once you start getting higher characters, having a 266 3* boosted in pvp starts to mess with MMR. Once I had a single champed 5, I realized I needed to start selling my 266 champs. I view it as money in the bank, helps me champ 5s quicker as it’s all spendable iso
    Did you skip the 4* tier? I'm uncertain as to why a boosted lvl. 266 3* character would affect MMR over a boosted lvl 270+ 4* character. If you are only running a single champed 5* with 3* characters though, I could see why having higher-level 3*s would change your MMR, but I don't think this would apply to anyone with a fleshed out roster.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    This suggestion seems very familiar. I'm sure I read about it somewhere before, I just can't find the link anymore. 

When they implement this suggestion they need to figure out how to retroactively deal with previously farmed 3*.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read this suggestion somewhere in this forum before as well. 

What should the cost of resetting the max champed 3-star to level 166 champed or unchamped be? 

I doubt they would allow you to do it for free. There got to be some trade-off for the players. 
    What should the  currency be in term of trade-off? CP or Iso-8? If so, how much?
  • mega ghost
    I read this suggestion somewhere in this forum before as well. 

What should the cost of resetting the max champed 3-star to level 166 champed or unchamped be? 

I doubt they would allow you to do it for free. There got to be some trade-off for the players. 
    What should the  currency be in term of trade-off? CP or Iso-8? If so, how much?
    I think the trade-off is that we keep playing without losing steam because we hit an unnecessary wall. There's no reason to attach a cost to it, simply reaching that point should earn it. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realistically speaking, I doubt they would be that generous in not putting a cost on resetting max champed characters. So, I believe there are some cost to it. Cost of champing * 120%?
  • mega ghost
    Realistically speaking, I doubt they would be that generous in not putting a cost on resetting max champed characters. So, I believe there are some cost to it. Cost of champing * 120%?
    The cost is losing your levels and stats back down to 166, should they take the reset path.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Mujo5 said:
    This suggestion seems very familiar. I'm sure I read about it somewhere before, I just can't find the link anymore. 

When they implement this suggestion they need to figure out how to retroactively deal with previously farmed 3*.
    And how would they manage the sell back for people half way through a rostered dupe. All of a sudden you have a 3 star Loki for example at 266 you can prestige but you have another at 230. I imagine that would be a pain to deal with and cause annoyance from those that dupe rostered.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    This appeared before in a thread based on data-mined information that was deleted and the author banned.
    Hopefully mentioning this isn't grounds for a ban.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This appeared before in a thread based on data-mined information that was deleted and the author banned.
    Hopefully mentioning this isn't grounds for a ban.
    Well...yeah, hopefully. Because I've never once indulged in any data mined information and I'm making something up from my head. Not an original thought, of course, but it's something I'd like to happen rather than having to pour a ton of ISO into dupe 3*s.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    MgoBlue51 said:
    Did you skip the 4* tier? I'm uncertain as to why a boosted lvl. 266 3* character would affect MMR over a boosted lvl 270+ 4* character. If you are only running a single champed 5* with 3* characters though, I could see why having higher-level 3*s would change your MMR, but I don't think this would apply to anyone with a fleshed out roster.
    So for me, when I had one 5* champ, I was basically required to use it. Then with boosted 4* champ, and a 266 3* that got a boost... it opened me up to teams of dual champed 5s with basically a 13 cover 3* that had no iso (I think gets boosted to level 167 in pvp?). So my MMR was effected because my required 3* was adding levels, even though with a champed 5 and boosted champ 4, I rarely even care or use the required 3*. When I sold the 266 and had a dupe ready, it made my MMR lower for sure. 

TL;DR MMR is broken... as we all know
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just shy of having half the 3-stars max-champed and I'm not currently planning on farming any of them. It took me a long time to do it and I like having them on my roster at 266 so the only farming option I would consider is rostering dupes. That would cost me 47,000 HP and roughly 6,000,000 in ISO. I'd be willing to save up the HP but there's no way I'm investing that much ISO when I still have 4-stars to finish up and 5-stars to champ.

So I'd love an idea like this.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I'm nowhere near maxed champed 3* (highest is 206 Strang3).  Yet, I love this idea. 
    I rather spend some ISO reverting back to 166 to restart the reward system than spend HP and ISO to dupe 3*.  
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I've just champed my 56th 4* character (Mockingbird) and working on 57th (Nova). I want to get all my 4*s champed if possible before putting any iso into my 5*s. I think I've recycled 10-12 maxed 3* champs, and already rechamped four of them.

The 3* farm was a natural extension of the 2* farm, although it's slower and a bit more expensive. It is however necessary if I want to make the most of any resources I get from the game.

All I do is wait for one more cover after the 3* is maxed, then sell the character, re-roster with the new cover and start again. Then fully cover, get a 14th, champ and add covers for a new series of rewards :-) Not interested in rostering dupes like a lot of players do. Perhaps I am impatient but it works for me :-)

I might sometimes get impacted when the PvP of a previously maxed character comes up, but as I only play PvP to get the 10CP at 575, I can live with it.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I went thru a few different stages. My first max champ I sold as soon as I could reroster them. As I got "post iso" I held on to the max and champed a dupe. Then I started having an hp problem trying to open roster slots, so I sold again.
    I like the prestige idea, but I don't think the current system is bad. I like the option of selling the max for a quick iso or hp boost. I think the resource cost is ok. With dilution and saved covers, I have too much iso.
This discussion has been closed.