Wave node in Antman GI

Options

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It was easier but I'm not looking a gift ant in the mouth. Already takes up too much of my day with PvE, PvP (with new wins route) and this too? Something different to make me change my team a bit is good. Not everything needs to be a challenge, if you wanted that just use 4* Venom, 3* Sentry and 5* Doc Ock. 
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The AP reset between rounds??? I was using Strang3-Patch-IM40 and I didn't even notice. It wasn't particularly easy but I didn't find much difficulty either. 
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember the first time Heroic events were introduced with the community scaling and it was BRUTAL.
    I remember this one time I literally started the final clear of a sub with HOURS to go, because if I wanted to fully clear it I had to :s
    Ridiculous scaling, 5 health pack limit, but the possibility actual healing!
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    elko90 said:
    elko90 said:
    @Bowgentle, I am with you on this no chalange at all first one was a lot of fun and got people thinking about strategies and how to implement them 
    People who bash their heads on these insanely difficult nodes and call it a "fun challenge" are bizarre to me.

I'm not saying you're wrong to do so. I'm not saying you're weird, I'm just saying the thought process is something I don't get. It's like people who play those insane Mario Maker builds for fun.

I don't need to win all the time, but I can never derive pleasure from extreme hardship.
    On this game everything is on autopilot so a challange once in a while is welcomed. Thats why we want the gauntlet back 

I find this kind of challenge is the cheap kind. Like when you play a video game on the hardest difficulty and the change is the enemies have 200% health and you have 50%. It's not legit hard, it's just a grindy chore as you chew through a huge health bar in every fight.

It's long winded and tedious after a while. The stretegy generally boils down to "How can I cheese this?"

But that situation is similar to what you can experience in actionrpg games (slashers like diablo or path of exile) - overpowering content to the point where you're oneshooting your opponents before they are able to actually do anything. That trivialise fights and you could as well fight training dummies instead. Only chance to actually make it challanging is increase opponents health and damage so you actually haveto think about your actions. Ofcourse different ppl are looking for different type of entertainment - for some farming harmless opponents is exactly what they want, while others prefer challange and satisfaction from overcoming it. Neither apropach is "better" but games should deliver content to both types of players.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange, I found this one harder than the first one. Larger health pools on those starting goons, I dunno. Kept eating flamethrowers for 5K each. Peggy / Vulture / Gwenpool wrecked. Carol / Medusa ... someone. Also weren't getting it done. So I went Cage / Fist / Star-Lord and breezed through.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using Shuri/Nico/P4nther (5/4/4 lvl 94) on the final node and it's pretty great. Once you get P4nther's yellow out, you really just have to make sure that Nico stays in back and it's pretty straightforward

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This scaling is a joke.  4 tries and I still haven't gotten past the first wave.  Who is this scaled for?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    "Wave node in Antman GI" sounds like something Night Nurse might have on her medical chart...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    n25philly said:
    This scaling is a joke.  4 tries and I still haven't gotten past the first wave.  Who is this scaled for?
    The highest 3 characters in your roster.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    "Wave node in Antman GI" sounds like something Night Nurse might have on her medical chart...
    I keep thinking stuff like this every time I see this thread title ;)
  • n25philly
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    n25philly said:
    Then why don't they suck like my roster?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Bowgentle said:
    n25philly said:
    Then why don't they suck like my roster?
    I don't think we can answer that without knowing your roster. The enemy levels in there for me are about 12 levels higher than my highest (300, vs levels 289, 287, 285). 
  • n25philly
    Options
    My best 3 are 4* gamora at 272, red hulk also at 272, then all of unleveled 5* at 255.  Node is listed enemy at 298 so 26 levels above my best, but realistically I can't throw out much even close to that level to fight them.  For most of the good 4*'s they are under 200.  I've gotten absolutely destroyed with any 3* combo I've tried
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Hm. Switch might make a decent 3rd. Or Daredevil maybe? (Free tiles every few turns with the rolling stun)
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Try using Kamala Khan with your Gamora/Rulk.  Chase blue, then use Rulk to tank as much as possible.  Cheap stun and cheap Gamma Siphon might be able to keep your characters healed (respec into yellow as necessary -- you're going to use Rulk for both green and purple).  Don't use Hammer and Anvil until you've gotten 18 green.

Ideally, tile spam and buffing is the way to go for these super-long wave nodes, but your options there are pretty limited if you're still at the 3* - 4* transition.  If you've got a few purple covers in Professor X, that might be good enough (plus you can attempt to cheese your way through with invisibility).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    If you've got a few purple covers in Professor X, that might be good enough (plus you can attempt to cheese your way through with invisibility).
    Pretty sure DPs purple would punish that attempt pretty badly.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you've got a few purple covers in Professor X, that might be good enough (plus you can attempt to cheese your way through with invisibility).
    We're talking about Inner Space Cadet?  Yeah, that's trickier, but purple denial is actually somewhat viable since WHALES! is so expensive (has the between waves AP reset gone live yet?).  Hopefully those matches are also tile buffs.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    We're talking about Inner Space Cadet?  Yeah, that's trickier, but purple denial is actually somewhat viable since WHALES! is so expensive (has the between waves AP reset gone live yet?).  Hopefully those matches are also tile buffs.
    Yes, the AP does reset.
  • Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    An effective 3* team you could try is IM40, 3*Cap and KK. It even works against my level 390 enemies
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One alliance mate in a 2-3* transition used strange, im40 and 3* Star lord and made it easily. Could try that too.

I rolled with Peggy, Chavez and Mockingbird.