What character(s) do you feel most need buffs/reworks?

Options

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:
    I also think that Kingpin blows, his rework did such terrible things to his effectiveness for a player to use. Also, I really wish that Psylocke's powers were just slightly different. First rebalance her damage between powers, then make it so that her red drops in cost based on how many attack tiles are on the board instead, then make her black cost less depending on the strike tiles on the board. That way as she fires one, the next gets cheaper, firing that cheapens the opposite power, etc etc. Her blue is stanky, though.

Follow up: I think Quake blows compared to her potential. Super underwhelming. And does ANYONE actually use Hulkbuster?
    Hush your mouth! Hulkbuster is still good. Blue and Black feed Red, the most common nuke color along all 4 and 5star characters. And he has a huge health supply. Plus he can one-shot a lot of characters.
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Except unplayable 4* Eddie Brock , Sam Wilson and 3* Sentry please back previous version of 3* Gambit  :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish I could run Hulkbuster with IM40 sometimes lol, but maybe Valkyrie can help with that.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish I could run Hulkbuster with IM40 sometimes lol, but maybe Valkyrie can help with that.
    That makes me think of an IM46 update that they should implement.  Make yellow include a passive that allows you to bring any other version of Iron Man onto your team.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:
    Follow up: I think Quake blows compared to her potential. Super underwhelming. And does ANYONE actually use Hulkbuster?
    Quake was pretty good way back when difficulty was scaled to roster and not SCL.  She's from an era before there were effective ways to deal with goons as she'd absorb most of Muscle's Tommy Gun.  Like many others from yesteryear, she suffers from power creep.  Contrast that to Kingpin where they actively went out of their way to "buff" him... even though it was a nerf...
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Okay, and Daken? Anybody? I feel like he's just such a waste of space. I would only ever use him if I had to, and fighting against him is just too easy. I completely ignore him, or worse I use his tiles against him with steals or removals.

Oh, and Gambit at 3*. Why is it his power is a random two tiles, then make charged ones? As a fast handed card player and cheater to boot, you'd think he'd be able to target those tiles directly, and destroy more of them. His red is just so utterly underwhelming.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit.  Too soon?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:
    Okay, and Daken? Anybody? I feel like he's just such a waste of space. I would only ever use him if I had to, and fighting against him is just too easy. I completely ignore him, or worse I use his tiles against him with steals or removals.

Oh, and Gambit at 3*. Why is it his power is a random two tiles, then make charged ones? As a fast handed card player and cheater to boot, you'd think he'd be able to target those tiles directly, and destroy more of them. His red is just so utterly underwhelming.
    Re: Daken. Any buff to a Dark Avenger is an increase in difficulty of PVE. That means they have very little wiggle room. Plus he's still buffed due to a bug that has persisted for months. He's fairly middle of the pack, exactly where he's supposed to be.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I was in 3-star land, Daken was a very dangerous dude in my hands.
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Really cool to see all of these suggestions! I don't feel that I necessarily have anything to add but I want to thank all of you for providing input. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As mentioned by many others: we need at least one decent Hulk. I actually like Banner and use him often, but he should be an overpowered monster and able to take down any opponent!
    Maybe his match and/or power damage is increased by the % of damage he's sustained: so when he's lost 90% of his Health, he deals 90% more damage.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    As mentioned by many others: we need at least one decent Hulk. I actually like Banner and use him often, but he should be an overpowered monster and able to take down any opponent!
    Maybe his match and/or power damage is increased by the % of damage he's sustained: so when he's lost 90% of his Health, he deals 90% more damage.
    I dunno, I think MEHulk qualifies as "decent."
  • Alex502
    Options
    @DFiPL ME Hulk is terrible, admit it. The countdown tiles should be his passive, and he needs a bigger, better power than random tile swap. Why didn't they give him a dual weilding strike with his big weapons? Seems an obvious choice for an active power.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:
    @DFiPL ME Hulk is terrible, admit it. The countdown tiles should be his passive, and he needs a bigger, better power than random tile swap. Why didn't they give him a dual weilding strike with his big weapons? Seems an obvious choice for an active power.

MEH isnt terrible. His Gamma bomb with any 5 star is devastating. His yellow isnt that bad and the tiles swaps can cause board shake ups and get you some free AP.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:

MEH isnt terrible. His Gamma bomb with any 5 star is devastating. His yellow isnt that bad and the tiles swaps can cause board shake ups and get you some free AP.

just came on here to speak to me hulk actually so this is good. this week was my first serious use of him with pvp and pve essential. while he's not terrible overall he does have 2 issues. 1. his green probably beats elektra's purple for worst ability in the game. not only does it waste time, it more often than doing something good, takes what would have been a good match and moves one of the tiles, leaving you (me) dumbfounded and annoyed. 2. his purp, which may be one of the best abilities in the game is set at 14 ap. many times the match is over before you can use it. my solution? kill two birds with one stone:

green (passive): creates a 3 turn repeater tile that changes an adjacent tile to purple
    2 covers - changes 2 adjacent tiles to purple
    3 - changes 3 adjacent tiles
    4 - makes it a 2 turn repeater
    5- 2 turn repeater that changes 4 adjacent tiles

boom! now his green feeds purple and doesn't suck. and you probably get to fire that purp more often. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Playing in the bucky pvp reminded me of how bad he is.

Him and falcap are by far the worst 4's now hands down.

I hope they do more rounds of re balances and put those two at the top of the list.

On the 5 star level, Banner Hulk and Doc oct...again please do something about these characters.

(Black widow and Phoenix 5 could use some love too)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    Alex502 said:

just came on here to speak to me hulk actually so this is good. this week was my first serious use of him with pvp and pve essential. while he's not terrible overall he does have 2 issues. 1. his green probably beats elektra's purple for worst ability in the game. not only does it waste time, it more often than doing something good, takes what would have been a good match and moves one of the tiles, leaving you (me) dumbfounded and annoyed. 2. his purp, which may be one of the best abilities in the game is set at 14 ap. many times the match is over before you can use it. my solution? kill two birds with one stone:

green (passive): creates a 3 turn repeater tile that changes an adjacent tile to purple
    2 covers - changes 2 adjacent tiles to purple
    3 - changes 3 adjacent tiles
    4 - makes it a 2 turn repeater
    5- 2 turn repeater that changes 4 adjacent tiles

boom! now his green feeds purple and doesn't suck. and you probably get to fire that purp more often. 

Hmmm i personally think feeding his purple would technically make him too strong. I mean right now if you pair MEH Hulk with, for instance, Clint and Valk. Couple strike tiles on the board, every turn you gain 4 Purple, three turns you get a gamma bomb.

I've used a gamma bomb and wiped a whole team, sometimes, you only need 1
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:
    Nah. He's not terrible. He's "decent." His purple can do some terrible things when he's boosted, and if you're running him alongside Ghost or a 5*, he aids them in doing terrible things. The free boardshake is nice, and the tile swaps, while unpredictable, can be useful; at least you don't have to worry about an obvious match-4 or -5 getting swapped off the way 5* Hulk would do (or R4G, for that matter).

His yellow is a little confused. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

But as Hulks go, MEHulk is the best of what we've got, and he's actually a solid character besides, so that's not as damning-with-faint-praise as it sounds. Is he gonna force his way into a speed meta? Probably not. Is he a character you only use on DDQ day and when essential? Also probably not. He has utility, which is more than I'll cop to for 3Hulk or Banner.
  • Alex502
    Options
    Okay, being fair, ME Hulk's purple is his only saving grace. The other powers are random, weak, and unpredictable. So sure, he is better than the other Hulks we have, that doesn't mean he's a viable character. Overall, he is underwhelming. HULK is UNDERWHELMING. That's the saddest statement I could make about it. Of all the characters in the game, and that they could add, Hulk should always be a terror, not a whimpy, gimpy fool that has only one good power, and in a hugely popular color at that. I would use so many other purple based characters before even considering ME Hulk.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alex502 said:
    Overall, he is underwhelming. HULK is UNDERWHELMING.
    I used to agree with you, I thought he was terrible. Then I champed him and started putting him on the right teams and found out what a terror he is. His purple isn't his saving grace - it's awesome. How many 'great' characters have only one good power? Lots of them. Look at 4-star Rocket & Groot. Alone, they look kind of 'meh' (pun intended) but on the right teams they really shine with that one good power. Also, Hulk's green isn't the detriment everyone says it is. Are you going to put him on a team that relies on board control and special tiles? Probably not. But you sure can put him on a team where his green helps generate AP (like Chavez teams) or where it helps flush out trap tiles (like JJ teams).

If you're looking for a can't-lose character that you can use all the time no matter what team you're building, keep looking. If you're looking to cause some chaos, it's time to start the Main Event.