What character(s) do you feel most need buffs/reworks?

Options

Comments

• kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's something of a nitpick, but since I started playing with his 3* version, I always wondered why Daken's Healing and Heat couldn't avoid the heat at 5 covers and why the strike tiles produced by his Pheromone Rage couldn't also add strike tiles on yellow tiles (I mean, he already makes two strike tiles instead of one, right?). I think that these changes would make he look less like a lazy version of his 2* counterpart. It's not exactly needed, but it would be cool to see this.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think War Machine needs a lot of help - I never see him in the seasonal Sim, and the few times I've tried to field him the results have been dismal. I think it would help to make the red a passive - ditch the damage, the countdown, and just make it a chance to add attack tiles with each new tile, similar to the irritating Ultron sentries.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Kraven just needs to auto-create weak enemy specials and he’d be good. The trap tile should be a passive, and it should auto steal 1Ap until they match it, at which point it should make a bunch of weak enemy specials like how hawk3ye’s black does
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phoenix should have her match damage fixed, and she should come back instantly every match, no countdown.  Yep, kill her twice every time.  Fixed.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phoenix could be really good but not OP if she, had higher match damage, didn't make incredibly strong attack tiles when using her ability, put strike tiles on a different color other than red even if it was random.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like to see Archangel have a way to send enemies airborne. His passive is nice, but almost always useless. If his Blue and Green each sent a non-targeted enemy airborne for a turn, then suddenly their damage output is a lot more reasonable for their high costs.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hobo - A little more punch to his black when it's at 3. 
    Nightcrawler - His purple should tell us what the most common tile on the board is.  If Lockjaw's blue can, this power can too.
    MEH - His purple should be a little cheaper.
    Bl4de - His tweak his black so it says "if Blade's team has 4 or more red AP create 6 red tiles".
    Yondu - Beefier strikes for his black.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    I think War Machine needs a lot of help - I never see him in the seasonal Sim, and the few times I've tried to field him the results have been dismal. I think it would help to make the red a passive - ditch the damage, the countdown, and just make it a chance to add attack tiles with each new tile, similar to the irritating Ultron sentries.
    I really don't like the countdown aspect of War Machine's powers, especially for Gattling Gun, it just doesn't suit the power itself.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    PuceMoose said:
    I really don't like the countdown aspect of War Machine's powers, especially for Gattling Gun, it just doesn't suit the power itself.
    I like the CDs, but I thought it should be more like Sentry's world rupture, where it spits out a ton of them, and when they get to zero maybe they turn into random specials or something. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hobo - A little more punch to his black when it's at 3. 
    Nightcrawler - His purple should tell us what the most common tile on the board is.  If Lockjaw's blue can, this power can too.
    MEH - His purple should be a little cheaper.
    Bl4de - His tweak his black so it says "if Blade's team has 4 or more red AP create 6 red tiles".
    Yondu - Beefier strikes for his black.

Totally agree with Nightcrawler, that needs to be a thing.

MEH i would say needs to be cheaper, but the ability when paired with a 5 star can be devastating. I think his other abilities need to be tweaked and gamma bomb can remain untouched IMO
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As has been pointed out, Bruce Banner, really needs a re-work so people are really afraid of him changing into the hulk.  This has been brought up numerous times.  It's sad, because Banner is a pretty cool concept.

I would also like to surfer buffed.  He's an awesome character, and the only one of his kind.  It would be nice if he were more useful.  
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought of a tweak I'd like to see for 5* Hulk. When he transforms, all of his match damage should be equal and it should all be minimum like 1000 per tile.

Since you get the extra match per turn, but lose out on the AP I feel like it should be offset by smashing.

For other characters, I agree with Lockjaw, who I want to love.

I saw Sentry mentioned and it made me wish we could get a 5* Sentry that transformed into the Void. I feel like that would be a fun addition to the game (and a potential boss event, a la Thanos).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish Lockjaw had a way to create friendly specials for himself outside of summoning Crystal
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    PuceMoose said:
    I like the CDs, but I thought it should be more like Sentry's world rupture, where it spits out a ton of them, and when they get to zero maybe they turn into random specials or something. 
    Or maybe make the power passive with a threshold (like how Wasp puts out a countdown once you have enough blue), so you get "a ton of them" by having one out every turn. Then the Gatling Gun becomes a power with constant suppressive fire. (and it would be easier to make it work with his red power)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    I'm surprised how many people say Phoenix.  I don't have her champed so I haven't used her much, but she usually surprises me by being stronger on defense then I give her credit for.
    I don't really get that one either. I do have her champed and she's pretty solid.

The only 5* that absolutely, definitively needs a buff is Banner. He's so bad it's hysterical.

Flaptain could use some help. Since repeater tiles came out he's been largely impossible to make a worthwhile team with.

3* Hulk is also horrendobad. His only useful power requires him to take damage, and gets harder to trigger the stronger he gets. Oof.

Ragnarok is also in the running, with the caveat that his PVE enemy version stays as-is. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:

3* Hulk is also horrendobad. His only useful power requires him to take damage, and gets harder to trigger the stronger he gets. Oof.
    Technically speaking, it gets harder to trigger the weaker his enemies get. And Thunderous Clap is hardly terrible. Smash is truly horrible, though.