New Alliance Feature: Public Purchases (7/3/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

When an Alliance member makes a purchase of a Logan's Loonies or higher, not only do we appreciate the support they show for the game, but their Alliance-mates also appreciate the burst of Command Points given out to them, as well. As of right now, a message will appear that notifies everyone of a member's generous contribution, but we think that these contributors deserve even more recognition.

On top of that, it can be hard to track which purchase is yours, if you find yourself smack in the middle of multiple contributions. This is why we're adding a new feature that allows Alliances to promote the generosity of their members, while also providing a tool to help you keep track of your purchases.

Starting in the (7/5) Thursday daily patch, Commanders will be given the option to make purchases visible to the rest of their Alliance. (This is set to Private by default)

When Purchases are Public, any purchase made that gives out an Alliance CP gift will display the name of the player who made the purchase. When Purchases are Private, the message will be unchanged from before this feature was made.

When the Commander toggles the status of Purchases, there is a chat message stating that the change has occurred, and the Alliance Details page will display the new status. (If you don't see a change, try leaving and then re-entering that screen) This is consistent with our previous behavior for toggling the Alliance to Public or Private.

Now whenever someone decides to support your Alliance with a purchase, you and your members will know exactly who to thank!

ICEIX Edit: It's also very helpful for CS, see post here:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/817878/#Comment_817878

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    ty.  yet no colorlesss covers, it's been 4 years since everyone been asking for it:)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. I always thought this was specifically excluded to avoid the politics of identifying which alliance members AREN'T making purchases.

ty.  yet no colorlesss covers, it's been 4 years since everyone been asking for it:)
    Probably because they don't want to do it...
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I think adding new alliance features is a great idea. It would be great to have more opportunities to work together and help each other succeed.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Colourless covers are never coming. Devs have mentioned before it'd require changing too much of the code.

Great feature for buy clubs.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I thought it was going to be something interesting then 

Oh well never mind 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    marshall said:
    Colourless covers are never coming. Devs have mentioned before it'd require changing too much of the code.

Great feature for buy clubs.
    they clearly can change 5 to 1 to 3 to 1 for 5*
    there really doesn't seem like there is a good reason they can't just change them all to 1 to 1 and effectively get colorless covers in the game.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    marshall said:
    I can understand that. I can understand not being able to make them without a set colour.

But it's harder to justify not adding a feature that lets you change what you already have into something else. I mean, they've done that now but only as a 5-to-1 exchange (or 3-to-1 for 5*s). So the code exists and they can change the ratio whenever, but they would rather not.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I dislike this idea personally, however, I applaud that this is being presented as a choice and not as a forced change.  Kudos for options.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Note: This also helps greatly with CS for purposes of purchase validation.

For obvious security reasons, we have to keep anything purchase related very separate from anything that could approach identification, so CS actions regarding those are always slow. With this though, it's a far simpler matter for users to send in a screen along with their request of the chat to show that the purchase was made, with which CS can more easily confirm that part and thus the purchase itself.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take the hint
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have to get ready for digital day, which was a total train wreak for some including one of my ally mates.  
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Take the hint
    i still holding grudge for true healing
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    This really has to be for buy clubs.

Which is kind of crazy.

Most people who buy in an alliance either let people know, or don't want people to know.

I'm in the boat of not wanting people to know but I guess that's no longer up to me.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    My alliance has discussed it, and unless someone brings something up we haven't thought of yet, there's really no reason to turn this on.  No one really wants that information shared involuntarily.

I would assume that this is a feature that a significant part of the player base has asked for, or you wouldn't have bothered implementing it, and I must say I'm genuinely surprised.  It never would have even occurred to me that this might be a thing of value to alliances, but maybe if your alliance is a buy club it's worthwhile.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Lystrata said:
    If someone wants to let their alliance know they made a purchase, they can. There's a chat for that. If not... that information is a person's choice not to share.
    Totally agree. I would think most commanders not running a buy club would opt to keep this setting on private. They wouldn't want to chase away the generous anonymous benefactors they happen to be lucky enough to have within their ranks. I know that still doesn't feel very good to not be in complete control, but I would think your commander would be sympathetic to your views. If not I know plenty that would be :wink: