More Ant-Man and the Wasp! *Updated (7/2/18)

Options

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:
    It blows my mind that not doing a thing for the biggest event in MCU history took y'all to learn that actually providing incentives to customers is a sound business strategy. Nevertheless, at least a lesson was learned from it. Congrats on not being totally tone deaf.
    It blows my mind that people keep saying that they didn't do anything for Infinity War.

I can understand being dissatisfied, but lying to make things seem worse than they actually were isn't helping anyone.
    What did they do that was different than previous release cycles?  Boss event?  happens once a month now.  Releasing 4* and 5*?  still happening pretty much on the same schedule for the last several years.  

Compare it to the 12 days of Christmas.  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69442/12-days-of-marvel-updated-12-13-17/p1

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72313/infinity-war-new-supports-vaults-and-stores-4-25-18/p1

lets start with comparing a 300 vault with a 41.  how about the special 4* vault with 42.5% chance of 12 of really good 4*, with some that would definitely be in everyone's top 5 or 10. Or the HFH for Thanos that was 450, instead of 250 for normal classic 5*, because of the extra, greatly valued, new supports.  instead of trying to  let us have these new things, they wanted you to have to spend extra for them.  and then they probably wonder why we all see supports as a cash grab. 

did they do *something* for infinity war?  yes.  but did they *really* do something special for the culmination for a 10 year journey?  cmon.  and don't act like the moved up date matters.  did we get a bunch of cool stuff a couple weeks later?  nope.  we got what we were going to get.  Supports.  something they would have rolled out, with or without the movie.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby please send my thanks to your team for this. Really appreciate you guys taking the polls and forum feedback positively. 

On a side note noticed Ghost is on the new cover. Most likely a 4* and finally a playable villain character!
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is great! Newest 5* already getting a feeder, free 4* cover, modifications to wave nodes to deal with built-up AP. Thanks for taking the time to do these things and communicating them to us! 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You guys have done more for the Ant Man and Wasp movie than you did for Infinity War. That'd kind of sad honestly.
    I know we like to bag the developers, but is this actually true?

For Infinity War, we got:
    1. Recycled the Thanos boss event
    2. Three new character releases (Captain America, Black Widow, Spider-Man), or four if you link Okoye to IW rather than BP.
    3. Four new supports (Children of Thanos), plus six more that are so rare they may as well not exist (the Infinity Stones).
    4. Special H4H offers for 4* and 5* Thanos.
    For Ant-Man, we get:
    1. Recycled Growth Industry story event.  Twice.
    2. Recycled 4* versus tournaments for Ant-Man and Wasp
    3. At least two new character releases (Wasp and Ghost)
    4. Special H4H offer, this time for cash rather than HP or CP
    5. Double iso for some events, with a banner overlaid on the existing event artwork.
    The double iso was certainly nice, but as far as introducing new content to the game, both have just been adding new characters and/or supports.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The graphical background change is a nice touch to immerse you in Antman/Pym's microverse.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:
    It blows my mind that not doing a thing for the biggest event in MCU history took y'all to learn that actually providing incentives to customers is a sound business strategy. Nevertheless, at least a lesson was learned from it. Congrats on not being totally tone deaf.
    It blows my mind that people keep saying that they didn't do anything for Infinity War.

I can understand being dissatisfied, but lying to make things seem worse than they actually were isn't helping anyone.
    Oh please, just because I didn't add a reused boss event and regular character releases... I'm not even counting the supports, sorry...is hardly lying so sorry if I'm not "helping anyone" whatever the heck that means. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:

Oh please, just because I didn't add a reused boss event and regular character releases... I'm not even counting the supports, sorry...is hardly lying so sorry if I'm not "helping anyone" whatever the heck that means. 
    It's a polite way of saying that bending the facts in order to be negative to a degree of hyperbole without providing any constructive criticism is a waste of a post on these forums.

Such tactics aren't going to improve the game and fix any complaints, they're only going to make the forums worse.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    GrimSkald said:
    Punter1 said:
    Woah - a just released char getting a feeder already, free 4* covers, double iso events, good deals offered, extra events for more iso and all for a movie that's arguably one of the lesser in the MCU.  

Imagine what they would do if there was a big tent-pole release this year, say celebrating 10 years of MCU movies as an example, I can't wait to see what they offer then...

Already noted:

Arix90 said:
    You guys have done more for the Ant Man and Wasp movie than you did for Infinity War. That'd kind of sad honestly.
    the release for that one got moved up they didnt manage to get everything they wanted for that in on time
    I'm betting bumping up the schedule had a lot of games scrambling. At least this game already had an event that was appropriate to run.
    We definitely learned a lot from that entire experience. Following Infinity War, we knew that Ant-Man and the Wasp wasn't too far away, so we wanted to make sure we were able to properly celebrate the movie upon its arrival.

We wanted to provide numerous tie-ins; such as fun events, new characters, and themed UI; that would have players both excited to play in the game, as well as excited to watch the movie. 
    But they said it right here that they learned from it. I give them credit for doing something more than they did for IF.  It is great to see. 

I think why people are still upset over this is because this is now the 3rd biggest movie of all time and 10 years in the making. We all expected a little bit more.  Other marvel games had bigger events, heck a non marvel game had Thanos in it.  That’s it. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loving all the crossovers! 
    I really like the background, The mini banners telling us which event is double iso, The art on Wa5p is great; The powers are weak but the one animation I can see is cool.
    Thank You for bringing back Growth Industries!  been entirely too long, now don't be a stranger. When you bring it back for the Ghost release event can you remember to update and have her as the loaner instead of Janet? Just sayin; e'body wants to test drive the new Lambo!
    Ghost has gotta be next?!? I mean you've got wasp/antman/ghost on the intro so......... 4*? or b2b Fives!?! 
    Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! The double iso came at a time in my life where it has been really needed(9x4* champs RTG). I was feeling lugubrious  that the great PvE Iso mines had been played out and I could grind no more. What cool refreshment was clearing the side nodes of Ultron, and It pushed me to engage more with PvP than usual.
    5X Red -Iso!!! How nice to have the rice approach a meaningful level. I was able to add 2 levels last week to my 5* Corvus: Whoo lvl 87!! 
    Feeder's are always great! double yay for being at release time!

Keep up the great work!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    GrimSkald said:
    Punter1 said:
    Woah - a just released char getting a feeder already, free 4* covers, double iso events, good deals offered, extra events for more iso and all for a movie that's arguably one of the lesser in the MCU.  

Imagine what they would do if there was a big tent-pole release this year, say celebrating 10 years of MCU movies as an example, I can't wait to see what they offer then...

Already noted:

Arix90 said:
    the release for that one got moved up they didnt manage to get everything they wanted for that in on time
    I'm betting bumping up the schedule had a lot of games scrambling. At least this game already had an event that was appropriate to run.
    We definitely learned a lot from that entire experience. Following Infinity War, we knew that Ant-Man and the Wasp wasn't too far away, so we wanted to make sure we were able to properly celebrate the movie upon its arrival.

We wanted to provide numerous tie-ins; such as fun events, new characters, and themed UI; that would have players both excited to play in the game, as well as excited to watch the movie. 
    But they said it right here that they learned from it. I give them credit for doing something more than they did for IF.  It is great to see. 

I think why people are still upset over this is because this is now the 3rd biggest movie of all time and 10 years in the making. We all expected a little bit more.  Other marvel games had bigger events, heck a non marvel game had Thanos in it.  That’s it. 
    I'm still upset about Christmas. I haven't even gotten round to Infinity War yet.  :D
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So no mention of wasps gauntlets? New support item. With some pretty powerful goodies on it. Odd that it only gets new bluffs at levels 1, 3, &5, and a character specific buff for 5* wasp.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I know we like to bag the developers, but is this actually true?

For Infinity War, we got:
    1. Recycled the Thanos boss event
    2. Three new character releases (Captain America, Black Widow, Spider-Man), or four if you link Okoye to IW rather than BP.
    3. Four new supports (Children of Thanos), plus six more that are so rare they may as well not exist (the Infinity Stones).
    4. Special H4H offers for 4* and 5* Thanos.
    For Ant-Man, we get:
    1. Recycled Growth Industry story event.  Twice.
    2. Recycled 4* versus tournaments for Ant-Man and Wasp
    3. At least two new character releases (Wasp and Ghost)
    4. Special H4H offer, this time for cash rather than HP or CP
    5. Double iso for some events, with a banner overlaid on the existing event artwork.
    The double iso was certainly nice, but as far as introducing new content to the game, both have just been adding new characters and/or supports.
    It's purely my opinion if course, but double ISO alone already makes it more of an event. I figured that was a no-brainer for IW, and was honestly surprised when it wasn't featured on any event. 

They'd already released Thanos as a character, then featured him as a boss event, so I knew they were already in between a bit of a rock and a hard place as far as introducing something "new" went. But I expected some kind of new story event, that would end each day with a mini-boss event against each member of the Black Order. 

Since Thanos was already released as a 3* and 5* there was nothing they could do to change that, but a free 3* cover for logging in (much like they're doing with Ant-Man) would have been nice. Also, 5* Thanos was released 1.5 years ago. It would have been a great opportunity for newer players to get a hold of him if they ran the Purple Reign store again, exactly the way it was the first time: all 4*s at 90 percent, only Thanos at 10 percent. Lastly, I was fully expecting them to run Crash of the Mad Titan again. 

So when none of that happened, especially things that I considered to be pretty obvious, it was surprising and disappointing. 

I'm glad they were able to recognize there was room for improvement, and am pretty happy with what they've done for Ant-Man and the Wasp so far. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:

Let’s try for an accurate interpratation of “didn’t do anything”.
    1. Boss event, but a rerun with no special changes.
    2. New supports, but most of the community had written off supports as meh.
    3. Other new supports, but locked out of 99.98% of the community.
    4. 3 new characters, but only one 4* which works an a 5* supporter, one 4* which won’t displace Grockmora, and a 5* that might find use after the Gambit rebalance, and could even be good, but just isn’t there yet. Maybe the DVD release will bring someone as good as the Black Panther DVD release did?

Ant Man and Wasp might have brought a dud 5*, but it also brought extra ISO, a cover-providing extra event, more ISO, 4* PVP for the title characters, double ISO, supports and RISO (an established meh), and plenty of ISO, even from the Boss event. The amount of celebration is not massively different when it comes down to it, but people love dat purple rock.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Champion Reward Update
    • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)'s Champion rewards are being updated to include Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) covers.
    • Starts: After daily patch on Tuesday, July 3rd
    • Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) covers will be rewarded at the following Champion levels
      • 280: bluetilepng Sting Operation
      • 300: yellowtilepng Shrink Tactics 
      • 320: blacktilepng Pain Index 
      • 340: bluetilepng Sting Operation
      • 350: yellowtilepng Shrink Tactics 
      • 360: blacktilepng Pain Index 
    Are you kidding me!?!!??? My Ant-Man is 279 right now, and I'm about to get a free cover just for logging in on Thursday! No feverish hoarding until the day of her essential  node? No panicking because I've blown all my resources with no luck? 

Image result for happy dance meme
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:

Let’s try for an accurate interpratation of “didn’t do anything”.
    1. Boss event, but a rerun with no special changes.
    2. New supports, but most of the community had written off supports as meh.
    3. Other new supports, but locked out of 99.98% of the community.
    4. 3 new characters, but only one 4* which works an a 5* supporter, one 4* which won’t displace Grockmora, and a 5* that might find use after the Gambit rebalance, and could even be good, but just isn’t there yet. Maybe the DVD release will bring someone as good as the Black Panther DVD release did?

Ant Man and Wasp might have brought a dud 5*, but it also brought extra ISO, a cover-providing extra event, more ISO, 4* PVP for the title characters, double ISO, supports and RISO (an established meh), and plenty of ISO, even from the Boss event. The amount of celebration is not massively different when it comes down to it, but people love dat purple rock.
    The difference is infinity war is what 10 years of MCU had been building to.  Them being equal says that MPQ views Antman 2 and Infinity War on the same level.  Thats, a pretty bad look.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:

It's a polite way of saying that bending the facts in order to be negative to a degree of hyperbole without providing any constructive criticism is a waste of a post on these forums.

Such tactics aren't going to improve the game and fix any complaints, they're only going to make the forums worse.
    neither is just trying to shut down complaints without addressing the criticism.  acting like it makes the forums worse by pointing out the faults make it worse.  IMO, ad hominem stuff like that is *worse* because then people feel like they cant give constructive criticism out of fear of being shouted down by cheerleaders who can't/won't see what some people point out.

instead of trying to counter my post, which had actual comparisons with links and everything, you ignore it and go after this post.  now tack on zodiac and darthdevo's great points. 

we all want to make the forums and the games better, that is why we post our disappointment.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and focused on the topic of Ant-Man and the Wasp celebration. Thank you!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will doing my best to get my Ant-Man up to 280 for that free 5* Wasp cover :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ll ask the obvious - why isn’t 4* wasp feeding 5* wasp?

Full disclosure, I have a max antman, with 280 dupe and my wasp is 35x so this is “better” for me, but still seems an odd decision.
    Probably because Scott Lang has more of a link to Hope Van Dyne than Janet Van Dyne does in terms of the MCU.