More Ant-Man and the Wasp! *Updated (7/2/18)

Options

Comments

• sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Mmmmm... Strange Sights... double ISO on that Kaecilius node each day, plus the daily alliance rewards...
    Is the rewards for CL 9 still the old way for Strange sights, giving 3x tokens? Might be worth jumping up to CL9 with boosted grocket for all that extra iso
  • Nonpoint1987
    Nonpoint1987 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Mmmmm... Strange Sights... double ISO on that Kaecilius node each day, plus the daily alliance rewards...
    Is the rewards for CL 9 still the old way for Strange sights, giving 3x tokens? Might be worth jumping up to CL9 with boosted grocket for all that extra iso
    I'm guessing rocket won't be boosted 2 events in a row, and this boost list ends with this event, though we can always hope for him being boosted twice 
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Agreed. This is a good way the celebrate a new movie release. Looking forward to an Ant Man Pvp
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fantastic with Ant-Man giving 5* Wasp covers.  Finally there'll be a new character where I won't be locked out of their 5* essential node for months because I don't hoard and have appalling luck on the special and latest legendary tokens.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    do We get the 280 cover if we’ve already got to that ?

I’m sure we do , just wanted to check 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need more of this
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brilliant news, July is already better than June. Wasp is pretty terrible so at least I don't have to waste pulls chasing the one cover before she dies forever like that on my roster.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Huh.  This is the first time that they've released a feeder for someone in Latest.  Well, even before she's in Latest, actually, since she won't be in for another two weeks.

Neat way to promote the movie, really.  Now I need to think about my hoarding.

Shintok17 said:
    I’ll ask the obvious - why isn’t 4* wasp feeding 5* wasp?
    Because the movie is Ant-Man & The Wasp not Wasp & Wasp obviously. Just joking. I agree it would seem like the obvious choice, but the Devs have very complex algorithms and calculations that determine which 4* feeds which 5* and this was the result.  ;)
    Shintok17 said:
    I’ll ask the obvious - why isn’t 4* wasp feeding 5* wasp?
    Because the movie is Ant-Man & The Wasp not Wasp & Wasp obviously. Just joking. I agree it would seem like the obvious choice, but the Devs have very complex algorithms and calculations that determine which 4* feeds which 5* and this was the result.  ;)

Well, one could make an argument that this Wasp is more closely related to 4* Antman (being essentially the same as the movie version,) than 4* Wasp (being essentially a completely different version of her, I think, and Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne's daughter.)  Honestly, the answer is almost certainly, "they felt like it, and they wanted to echo the movie title more than they wanted to have it echo the character."  It's a hell of a better connection than Jubilee to Phoenix.  I mean, in descending order, the following characters make more sense to feed Phoenix than Jubilee:

Jean Grey, Cyclops, Wolverine (though he feeds someone else already, that isn't the point,) Professor X, Nightcrawler...

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Woah - a just released char getting a feeder already, free 4* covers, double iso events, good deals offered, extra events for more iso and all for a movie that's arguably one of the lesser in the MCU.  

Imagine what they would do if there was a big tent-pole release this year, say celebrating 10 years of MCU movies as an example, I can't wait to see what they offer then...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Woah - a just released char getting a feeder already, free 4* covers, double iso events, good deals offered, extra events for more iso and all for a movie that's arguably one of the lesser in the MCU.  

Imagine what they would do if there was a big tent-pole release this year, say celebrating 10 years of MCU movies as an example, I can't wait to see what they offer then...

Already noted:

Arix90 said:
    You guys have done more for the Ant Man and Wasp movie than you did for Infinity War. That'd kind of sad honestly.
    the release for that one got moved up they didnt manage to get everything they wanted for that in on time
    I'm betting bumping up the schedule had a lot of games scrambling. At least this game already had an event that was appropriate to run.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    All i read was double iso and couldn’t see anything else because of the smile I had lol  :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love how Ant-Man's new movie is getting more of an in-game celebration than we did for Infinity War.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added updates to Ant-Man's upcoming version of Growth Industry.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love how Ant-Man's new movie is getting more of an in-game celebration than we did for Infinity War.
    Infinity what?

- the dev team
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It blows my mind that not doing a thing for the biggest event in MCU history took y'all to learn that actually providing incentives to customers is a sound business strategy. Nevertheless, at least a lesson was learned from it. Congrats on not being totally tone deaf.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woo, no AP carry over in wave nodes, and upper limit on enemies.  Gosh.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unbelievable.  B) This month and the previous month had a number of changes, mostly good or great. Feeder for a new 5* is a first in MPQ. Let's see if there are more history-breaking movements.