5* Rewards Through Progression

Jesus Jones
Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
Here's a thought. How about we start to offer 5* covers through progression?  Here's how this could work. 

The 5* cover will be for the active cover for the current mission and will ONLY be available in SCL9 play.  The reward will be for those who complete 6 clears every day and get all previous progression awards. 

Thoughts?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10

Easy nodes start at scl 9 hard node levels
    Hard nodes start at scl 9 five 🌟 node level

Make the challenge worth the rewards.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure every somewhat competitive PVE player would love a 5star cover for not even doing all hits on nodes, but it's just not realistic to ask that.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Is there a plan laid out for SCL10?
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    There should be a 5* cover awarded for 6x clearing the 5* essential node in PVE.  And possibly also for hitting 10,000 in a season in PVP. 
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    For scl 10 make it an extra reward after the 30cp
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    There should be a 5* cover awarded for 6x clearing the 5* essential node in PVE.  And possibly also for hitting 10,000 in a season in PVP. 
    MrBowers said:
    For scl 10 make it an extra reward after the 30cp
    Both of those would be too easy to earn, you'd start giving out two 5* covers a week.

I think it's far more likely that SCL 10 would give more 4*s and we'd get more 4*s updated to give 5*s, and that's how we get more 5*s given out. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    They’ve given direct 5* rewards about 3 times total since the release of 5s.  I cannot envision any mechanism being introduced allowing the same 10x per pvp season.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It could work in SCL 10. There are 25 5* with a total of 25*13= 325 covers. 

On average, there are 2 events per week, which is equal to 104 events per year.

Even at 1 cover per event, it would take at least 3 years to catch up. But I'm not sure if they would be willing to put Latest in as progression.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    [This] would be too easy to earn, you'd start giving out two 5* covers a week.
    Perhaps they could just be classics then?  At what point does dilution make this level of distribution necessary?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    [This] would be too easy to earn, you'd start giving out two 5* covers a week.
    Perhaps they could just be classics then?  At what point does dilution make this level of distribution necessary?
    Genuinely, I don't think it will. I don't think dilution is so dire that it needs the system to directly award 5* covers. There are far too many steps that could be made between where we are now and "just give the 5*s away" for that to even be considered an option. That's the nuclear option, and the devs are going to try any number of a dozen other things before they look at adding 5's to progression. We've barely even scratched the surface of updating 4* champ rewards, for one. Continuing to update those and adding more ways to earn 4*s (which is what I expect SCL 10 will provide) will go on for a long time before more drastic measures are considered.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a plan laid out for SCL10?
    Coming soon.  What they define as soon is beyond me.  It's been 'coming soon' since November 2016...
  • smkspy
    edited July 2018
    I don't see adding fives as a drastic measure. Again, make the challenges worth the rewards. Those with rosters able to compete at high levels of play should be rewarded for the investment spent in developing their roster for that level.

And what's the magic number for being able to earn those covers, especially for classics...30, 40? Add this to a theoretical increase in a five release schedule. It really is a situation that needs addressing beyond Band-Aids like feeders.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are still stingy with 4*s. You have no chance of getting 5s! 
  • smkspy
    edited July 2018
    They are still stingy with 4*s. You have no chance of getting 5s! 
    Addressing fives would also logically address 4s. Say put 4s in place of 3s for SCL 10. 

And believe me, everyone is aware that there really is no chance, but that doesn't mean we should just accept the status quo and not advocate for change.

Letting the devs know that there is a significant amount of people stuck in a purgatory of 4-5 transition is just as important as letting them know about those struggling in the 3-4 transition. We all are/potential customers, letting the creators of a product know our dissatisfaction is a duty of consumerism.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    People have been advocating change for years. They do their own thing and we have to get on with it. 

Realistically, it will be at least another year before they start offering more covers for 4*s so two years from now you can probably look forward to a 5* in progression. 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    We’re due for a SCL10 bundle, so maybe SCL10 isn’t that far away anymore.  And I would love if SCL10 was super hard clears that rewarded a 5* cover or lots and lots of cp/tokens.  Kill the timing and speed aspect and just give the rewards if you can complete it.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    We’re due for a SCL10 bundle, so maybe SCL10 isn’t that far away anymore.  And I would love if SCL10 was super hard clears that rewarded a 5* cover or lots and lots of cp/tokens.  Kill the timing and speed aspect and just give the rewards if you can complete it.
    SCL 10 won't suddenly change PVE to an entirely different game mode.. 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
    SCL 10 won't suddenly change PVE to an entirely different game mode.. 
    I agree it’s not going to happen.  But I can dream.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    People have been advocating change for years.
    And over those years more and more people start to transition to the 5 star meta but realize that there is not enough infrastructure in place, vis a vis rewards, to keep up progress.  In other words it is a problem that is getting worse over time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    We'll get 5*s once there's a new ethereal tier to chase (or a few weeks before)