FURIOUS CHARGE!!!!!!!

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
Yes, it is back to troll us - it is She Hulk PvP time!!!!

So far - enemy She Hulk successful furious charges = 100%, my successful Furious Charges = 0%!

Share your She Hulk PvP stories here, love (are you mad?!?!?) or hate (good call), we understand your pain, let's all heal together (spoiler warning - if you are using XFW then She Hulk WILL drain your yellow, so no healing for you)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't tried this event yet; Is she really that bad with 4ocket/Nico boosted? Isn't that just match-damage-meltdown?

Is it bad enough that you need to take in an un-boosted Red Hulk to deny green constantly?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    It's bad...  You gotta get her the hell outta there, but her 20K+ health is a bit of a bear.

Stuns, stuns and more stuns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I realized after posting my solution was very my-roster-centric; i'll check back in after a few rounds of it and see how it's been going.
  • DAZ0273
    edited July 2018
    I haven't tried this event yet; Is she really that bad with 4ocket/Nico boosted? Isn't that just match-damage-meltdown?

Is it bad enough that you need to take in an un-boosted Red Hulk to deny green constantly?
    If you can get shot of her straight away then yes, she is no worst than any other 3*. However...

She will "randomly" reduce your Red Hulk's purple to zero and then "randomly" whatever other colour you were looking forward to firing. And her red will destroy rows of strike tiles/protects. Good luck with getting your own She-Hulk to do anything useful though.

Edit - oh and of course her blue will also steal half your special tiles. So now those boosted high level tiles are hers!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Gamma Siphon is only 5AP compared to a 4AP furious charge, so they both (barring a match-4) take two matches to fire. Gamma Siphon having the advantage of specifically targeting her color of note while creating a bunch of green for your own She-Hulk from nothing to fire off Furious Charge nearly twice. My Red Hulk is only 3/3/5 so he's not really viable; I've been using Hobofist/4ocket and so far it hasn't been too bad. 
  • DAZ0273
    Gamma Siphon is only 5AP compared to a 4AP furious charge, so they both (barring a match-4) take two matches to fire. Gamma Siphon having the advantage of specifically targeting her color of note while creating a bunch of green for your own She-Hulk from nothing to fire off Furious Charge nearly twice. My Red Hulk is only 3/3/5 so he's not really viable; I've been using Hobofist/4ocket and so far it hasn't been too bad. 
    Man, if Furious Charge actually worked when your She-Hulk uses it, that would be great, lol!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Lol; on this team, I'm just using that green for Crowd Control to generate black AP for Like Unto Iron, i think i've maybe fired off one power from She-Hulk in these 6 matches. Chase blue, fortify strikes, generate green for myself, fire off CC, nuke somebody with a mega-fist
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Do you usually run with an AP-cost reducer (4* Star-Lord, Shuri, etc.)?  Because Gamma Siphon is 7 purple and Furious Charge is 6 green.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Lol, my bad; I went in to check real fast, and I was looking at the indicator of how many covers I had on that power. I assure you guys, i've played this game before.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    She-Hulk is one of my strongest characters level wise so I've been using her a lot while I build my roster. Using her boosted is even better. So I've actually been enjoying this event. Her, Beast, and Sam Wilson have been a team I use a lot (I like attacking the entire team at once which they all do) but if anyone has any suggestions for any other combos I could use also/instead that'd be appreciated. :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    What kinds of teams are you up against? as a 4* player, I only really see the same boosted 4* teams of Nico/She-Hulk/4ocket, Coulson/She-Hulk/4ocket, etc., so it's hard to give meaningful advice
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I run with JJ and Thor more often than not so having Thor at 50% and avoiding yellow, TU and green matches have made this PVP a breeze.  I don't think She-Hulk has even fired her green once in 18 wins so far.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    It’s significantly less tedious once you make it to the five star tier and can take her out quickly, but imo they should have scrapped that power a long time ago.  It’s neither fun to use or play against.  It only makes matches go longer.  They didn’t skip her pvp for 10 months for no reason. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I've gotten lucky so far (27 matches in), I've only been hit bad by FC once, and I've actually had it land once on the enemy team's nastiest color. I've also had a few rounds where either / both of us just use it to drain the other team's green and keep them from using it :smiley:

Oh, for the record, I'm mostly using Grocket & G4mora, but I've also had luck with Coulson / C4rol.
  • Space Dwarf
    Space Dwarf Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    She’s a great foil against Gambit. That’s the only time I don’t use Thor green. I’ll use her power in place of his. More often than not, she’s draining red & purple AP from the AI Gambit. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Just wanted to check in that i'm actually having a worse time in this PVP hanging on to points than in any PVP since the win-based system went into place. I've been able to hit 900 (even in events where i had to fall back on loaner 4*s) in 19-21 wins so far. I'm currently at 33 wins and 768 points in Trial By Combat (i had a little over 800 last night, woke up to 458). It really is comical how much more effective opponent she-hulks are than mine lol. I was telling a dude in my alliance yesterday that She Hulk is one of those characters like Moonstone that just never seems to do what you want on offense, but can systematically dismantle you on defense. I have Coulson, Hobofist, Nico, and 4ocket all champed as well, but that really just means I'm looking at a bunch of mirror matches which take health to recover from.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    got to 40 wins finally, finished up at 870 points. Kind of want to pop a 24hr shield, but since i only have like 9 more hours to go, i may just let it ride until this afternoon and use the 8hr shield instead. For some reason i was having the best luck with 4ocket/3* Gamora over my 4*s, though it may be that I was just hunting for winnable matches rather than big-point matches at that point.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    I'm quite enjoying this PvP. Using my own She-Hulk (boosted to 401), and boosted+champed Nico and R4G. Nico's passive boost to Rocket's strike tiles is awesome, and they become ridiculously powerful very quickly. Rocket's blue also benefits massively from the enhanced strikes. I usually take down the enemy She-Hulk first, making sure she can't fire green if possible, although it doesn't seem to have affected me too much so far during matches. Managed to get up to 725 for the HP prize, which I'm pleased with so far.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    At first I thought this thread was a lot of hyperbole, but then I started playing. That green piece of **** ALWAYS nails whatever colors I am collecting or have a use for!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    She's about the finest exemplar of confirmation bias in the game because we (or I, at least) rarely use Furious Charge. I'm only ever the victim of it, practically speaking. The one time I can remember using it only useless AP was drained from the enemy... I usually don't target her first but I certainly do try to deny green -- ideally by teaming with a strong green user like Hobo. I hate She-Hulk, really, almost enough to boycott her rare events. But not quite.