"Story" vs "Versus"

2»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    Story. The rewards are so out of date in PVP and its largely a boring experience. 

Not that the repetitive nature of PVE is all that much better. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Story/PvE
    I am a t5 cl9 player in both, but especially since gambit was introduced I enjoy pve more.  Then tapping got fixed so pve soared ahead in preference.  Reintroduction of win based participation trophy stuff for PvP has lessened my pvp enjoyment further.  We’ll see what happens when gambit is fixed next season.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    I prefer Story because Versus has always felt like you were playing against the system as much as against other players. I'm not really sure how to fix or improve that, really. Though even with the current system rewards feel like they need an overhaul. The fact that a player who needs 3*s for their roster can earn them in Story but doesn't stand a chance of getting high enough to get one in Versus has always been weird. I see Wins more as an alternative to the current system (managing shields and points and hops, which not everyone has time to do), and not an excuse for how hard it is for someone to earn covers in Versus that they can readily earn in Story mode. And Season updates need an overhaul. Ever since they made 3-4 day events more comparable, then updated 7-day events, and added 5-star nodes with their own rewards and smoothed out progression, added Red ISO-8 to everything, added the progression 4* character to boss events, etc.... Season rewards have been mostly untouched overall.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Story/PvE
    I love progression rewards offered in story events. 
    Plus, I can chose my own SCL level depending on who's boosted & essential instead of worrying about MMR.  
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Story/PvE
    It’s all about rewards for me. Story rewards kick the berries out of Vesus for the effort required. Versus rewards have been awful for years. Story used to be equally awful until the revamp with the addition of cl9. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    Versus is something I tolerate for the sake of my alliance. I much prefer pve events.
    My thoughts exactly, if it wasn't for my alliance I'd only play PvP when I really, really have nothing else to do.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Versus/PvP
    Story is something to grind out iso and cp.
    Pvp has always been so much more than that to me. I look forward to when it's not dominated by Gambit though; I definitely had more fun before he came out. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Story/PvE
    I’ve just champed my first 5* so pvp is pointless, I like the reintroduction of win based rewards but 75 is a stupid number , I’m not going to spend 4-6 hours grinding out victories for such a small reward 

the numbers make no sense 75 wins = 1200 and 75 wins = 2000 in simulator 

Story mode is much better as I can start an event late and still get a top 10 finish 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    No preference/Neutral
    Becoming less of a fan of each
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Story/PvE
    I am curious if the Devs already know what this poll spells out  (with an admittedly small sampling) and if we can expect more PvP adjustments coming.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Story/PvE
    101% PvE - no frustration from loses, super tough enemies, broken combos.
    Scalling and matchmaking is transparent and based on SCL, same as loot.
    PvP? The stronger you are, the worse is your experience...
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Versus/PvP
    Both have their positives and negatives. For a long time PVE was my preferred, but I think I have moved to enjoying PVP more. PVE is just too repetitive, requires too much time (even just to hit max progress and bail), and is too tedious.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Story/PvE
    Since the change to the hybrid pvp system I have been enjoying it less, mainly because I have been grinding out 75 wins every event. PVP has become a daily task and it’s a bit much. Once I figure out 1200 points I should be back to enjoying it the same as before. PVE is more fun lately due to recently champing my first 5* and using some new team combos. Most clear are now under 30mins which also helps, and seeing nodes melt that used to be tough is a lot of fun. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    No preference/Neutral
    I like both -- but that's only because at some point I learned how to live with how PvP operates. In my view, the way to play is to hammer through to whatever progression reward appears achievable in that session of play. If you get it, great, and either play on or stop until later. Whatever happens while I'm dormant is fine because I got to my last goal. If I pick it up again, I go through the whole process over again. If it looks like to much work to get to the next progression tier then I don't play anymore. No big deal, life moves on. Sometimes I get into the 900s, but rarely. Usually I lose interest somewhere in the mid-700s. I don't care much about placement because it's not worth the stress for the rewards, at my level (mid-level 4* player).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    Still story. Wins based makes PvP more enjoyable for me 75 is still a bit of a slog.