"Story" vs "Versus"

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Right now do you prefer PvE or PvP?

Please share your reasons!

For me, I think on the whole, I enjoy typical Story events for the rewards (~50CP per 3 days especially) and the Alliance events for the team effort. When it comes to PvP it is still match-3, but the anxiety at the high level of finishing fights fast, getting shields in place, and struggling to hit 1200 can be a drag. The 75 Win option is similarly not appealing. I tried to drag and I still hit 1200 with just over 50 wins. The thought of having to grind out another 20+ was not appealing. So I don't think I'll be attempting to drag again, but needs might require it at some point, I suppose...

"Story" vs "Versus" 118 votes

Story/PvE
69%
Wil88ColognoisseurrixmithxKOBALTxabmorazZeroKarmasirwookieechrisMagicejmusdivounenorthnorthdgt73ZootSaxTrilateralusBlindman13jackstar0udonomefooSteellatchrdvargas1Nick441234 82 votes
Versus/PvP
6%
sinnerjflslartiseshomaCT1888MirrorKnightjameshNotBAMFAres76 8 votes
No preference/Neutral
23%
antreas1911KolenceTwystaBowgentlekillercoolslaxer723wymtimeTiggidaLystratafmftintSquareneodukeArctic_OneDaichessmkspy[Deleted User]huktonfonixDyingLegendMushroomGenius808JPCQ 28 votes

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    I'd like to see rewards increased for PvP. Is there a reason that is unreasonable?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No preference/Neutral
    True Hybrid player here. I enjoy both for different reasons.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    I really like pve and suffer pvp for the rewards. Gambit nerf is the excuse I needed to go back to 575 in the last 30 minutes. 

Pve could do with a clear removed but I still enjoy it, not as much as with a 4 star roster but it takes much less time now.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    No preference/Neutral
    I'm with @Daiches I like both for different reasons
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Story/PvE
    Versus is something I tolerate for the sake of my alliance. I much prefer pve events.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    No preference/Neutral
    With the change to pvp, I'm now a fan of both sides.   Previously I got only pvp'd because it was an easy way to get 10 cp's every few days.
  • starlord1982
    starlord1982 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    No preference/Neutral
    I enjoy pve but have learned to love pvp. Both are fun and challenging
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Story/PvE
    I totally and utterly hate pvp. But I play it for the team. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    I consider PvP a necessary evil. I hate it with the burning fire of a thousand white hot suns.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I think this poll shows why the devs sent out that survey, lol. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Story/PvE
    I enjoy PvE because I like feeling there's a reason for what the heroes are doing, as opposed to just mindlessly mashing into each other. I'll play PvP for rewards if I don't have any PvE missions left on my bus ride home, but that's about it.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Story/PvE
    PVP is broken period stop. when my highest boosted character is a 4 star 400 and I get crushed by 3 level 500 level 5s some thing is wrong. Fix match making save PVP.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Story/PvE
    I play PVP because I need the rewards in order to keep up with character releases.. If I had the option to drop PVP and instead get double rewards from PVE I would take that in a second.

Want to vastly improve PVP? Give me a 10 minute grace period after I start a match where I can't lose points. Then I can play toward whatever goal I have for the event without the dreaded "Gain 45 points but Lose 173 points right when you thought you were going to hit your point target"  syndrome. I don't mind paying for a shield once I have reached my goal if I want placement rewards, but shield hopping, shield check rooms, and other workarounds aren't fun for me.

Another huge frustration? I need 40 points to hit my target and queue up and begin a match worth 45 points. I win! But I only get 38 points and need to do another match. During which, naturally, I lose 123 points. I understand why it happens, but how can anyone think that is fun?

• starlord1982
    starlord1982 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    No preference/Neutral
    rixmith said: we
    I play PVP because I need the rewards in order to keep up with character releases.. If I had the option to drop PVP and instead get double rewards from PVE I would take that in a second.

Want to vastly improve PVP? Give me a 10 minute grace period after I start a match where I can't lose points. Then I can play toward whatever goal I have for the event without the dreaded "Gain 45 points but Lose 173 points right when you thought you were going to hit your point target"  syndrome. I don't mind paying for a shield once I have reached my goal if I want placement rewards, but shield hopping, shield check rooms, and other workarounds aren't fun for me.

Another huge frustration? I need 40 points to hit my target and queue up and begin a match worth 45 points. I win! But I only get 38 points and need to do another match. During which, naturally, I lose 123 points. I understand why it happens, but how can anyone think that is fun?

Before I joined a battle chat on line, I had the same frustrations. After joining, it has made it really fun. There is team work from a ton of different alliances and it lessened the stress a bunch.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Story/PvE
    I like pVE because I can play it on my own time restraints - ie I get a 5 minute break in the day I can play a match. It feels like progress is made and on most days I can end up with 4-5 clears getting full progression rewards by the end of the event.  I look forward to playing more pvp now that it is win based. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story/PvE
    PVP is broken period stop. when my highest boosted character is a 4 star 400 and I get crushed by 3 level 500 level 5s some thing is wrong. Fix match making save PVP.
    That's odd. I have 5 level 450 champs and almost never get hit by someone over 500. All my beat downs are from 450-490ish.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Story/PvE
    I used to dislike PVP. The update makes me like it a little now but I still prefer PVE.
  • Daiches
    No preference/Neutral
    Don't blame matchmaking for this. The only reason you get sealbashed is because those rosters broke past MMR's boundaries. Not enough targets out at the same score, so the system fills in the missing targets with a higher tolerance level. And that means they are much higher than you and you won't lose much points, or that you yourself are out higher with very few in their range active/unshielded, which only happens very early or very late.
    The other option would be to just not present any targets for those players and locking them out of playing the game. The current solution seems better.
  • Daiches
    No preference/Neutral
    rixmith said:
    Want to vastly improve PVP? Give me a 10 minute grace period after I start a match where I can't lose points.

If they do that, scores would go through the roof and it would eliminate a vocal playstyle mostly found in second and fifth shards.