Using a lvl 152 (1/3/3) Wolverine for Clash of the Titans.

Options

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black is the color you want. Congrats on doubling your black covers. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    KGB said:

Because in voice conversation if you ask someone "what day is it" no one says today is "The 29th of June". They say it's "June 29th".
    If I'm trying to figure out whether it's the 28th or 29th, the answer I usually get is something like "It's Thursday."  Maybe my people are just more ornery than your people.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ditto above  about winning your first crash: it is sweetness.
    Gotta try for it! A great thing about the crash is that you have time to throw yourself at it repeatedly. You can do it sometimes with very low covered characters. Luck is huge here but taking time to make the best match each turn is crucial. I've spent 40 minutes carving out a win from the ashes.
    You will also want to limit the amount of TU tiles, if he pops off his yellow at the wrong time you are looking at cascade of death. 
    I would take away his red before I went for green, Your black will win it for you, his Optic Blasts will win it for him.
    Bl>R>Y>G>TU - but you might want to chase yellow pretty hard-
    Bonus hero Patch as your lone 3* and you might get another cover from him

Good Luck! Hope you get a great board!

I like telling people the date by parsing it as the day after Monday rather than just telling people it's Tuesday or the day before tomorrow- the stinky looks while their brain actually does work=hee-larity! but why do you Americans use fiber optic: its optic fiber nobody says "that sweater red looks good on you"
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Patch isn't even champed yet so I doubt I'd get enough covers of him to get a cover of 4* Wolverine in time.

I got the Elite Token from DDQ, got 2* Wolverine, leveled him which gave me a Heroic Token, and got 4* Wolverine. And it was the black cover. That was awesome. And amusing that they were both Wolverine.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is that 3 in black total now? That is totally doable. Will still be hard but with a few boosts you should have a crack. :)
  • DanielleL
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is that 3 in black total now? That is totally doable. Will still be hard but with a few boosts you should have a crack. :)
    Yep. I can't believe I got two covers for him since this thread, let alone both black. Definitely gotta used boosts. And try supports (I haven't used them yet).
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DanielleL said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yep. I can't believe I got two covers for him since this thread, let alone both black. Definitely gotta used boosts. And try supports (I haven't used them yet).
    The biggest problem you will have is that Cyke basically has 2 powers that can one shot you because Wolvie's health is a bit sad. So maybe anything that helps boost that (Vintage Shield? I haven't really done anything with Supports so don't know much to advise) so if you do take a hit you can try and survive to get your yellow resolved.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DanielleL said:
    KGB said:

Also, never understood why in America the month is listed first?
    Because in voice conversation if you ask someone "what day is it" no one says today is "The 29th of June". They say it's "June 29th".

KGB
    Unless it's the 4th of July. :P
    Really missing that Touche button right about now...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DanielleL said: 
    It took me 12 tries but I did it! I used a support that increased health. I used a variety of damage boosts and/or AP boosts. Depleted my stock of said boosts so I don't know how much I'll be able to try again.

It was frustrating because I was a lot lower and also I had some bad luck. Had to keep the red away and any time there wasn't red there was almost always only blue/purple/TU matches so I couldn't get AP for my powers. I finally got lucky too because I had a yellow countdown for the health on the board and the tiles fell to where Cyclops had a 4 match that would destroy the countdown. I knew I was going to lose at that point. However, apparently there was another 4 match elsewhere and he matched that instead. So I was able to survive his later attacks that would have otherwise made me lose again. 

If I want to win again, I need to buy more boosts. BTW, the vintage shield at lowest level, how much extra health will it give me if I use 30k riso on it? I don't want to spend it all if it's not much. But it would definitely help.
    Congrats on the win! But Crashes are one and done. You can try as many times as it takes over the course of five days, but once you actually win the node stays locked until the next Crash begins. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Fantastic Danielle! You will be on a roll now, looking forward to your next Crash thread!
  • DanielleL
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DanielleL said: 
    It took me 12 tries but I did it! I used a support that increased health. I used a variety of damage boosts and/or AP boosts. Depleted my stock of said boosts so I don't know how much I'll be able to try again.

It was frustrating because I was a lot lower and also I had some bad luck. Had to keep the red away and any time there wasn't red there was almost always only blue/purple/TU matches so I couldn't get AP for my powers. I finally got lucky too because I had a yellow countdown for the health on the board and the tiles fell to where Cyclops had a 4 match that would destroy the countdown. I knew I was going to lose at that point. However, apparently there was another 4 match elsewhere and he matched that instead. So I was able to survive his later attacks that would have otherwise made me lose again. 

If I want to win again, I need to buy more boosts. BTW, the vintage shield at lowest level, how much extra health will it give me if I use 30k riso on it? I don't want to spend it all if it's not much. But it would definitely help.
    Congrats on the win! But Crashes are one and done. You can try as many times as it takes over the course of five days, but once you actually win the node stays locked until the next Crash begins. 
    Oh. I thought it was one a day like the rest of DDQ. Well I'm fine with not having to do it again right now since as I said I used all my resources. At least by the next time this once comes around Wolverine should be stronger which'll make it easier. :)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What'd you get with your LT? Or are you hoarding it?
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DanielleL said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DanielleL said: 

Oh. I thought it was one a day like the rest of DDQ. Well I'm fine with not having to do it again right now since as I said I used all my resources. At least by the next time this once comes around Wolverine should be stronger which'll make it easier. :)
    I found one of the most entertaining aspects of the game is making progress on your 4*s and slowly, but surely, clearing more and more Crashes. You complete one or two, maybe a handful, in a cycle. The next time around, you complete more and more, and before you know it you can do a majority of them, if not all of them. 

What did you get from your token, or are you hoarding? I got a yellow Okoye, bringing her to 5/3/3.
  • DanielleL
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Fantastic Danielle! You will be on a roll now, looking forward to your next Crash thread!
    Well I made this thread because Wolverine is my highest covered 4* so I thought I might have a chance with him. The rest of my 4*s are mostly 0-2 covers with a few at 3 or 4 so I hadn't considered trying with them. Maybe I could make a thread for crash advice in general that can be used for any upcoming crash instead of a new thread each crash. Plus that way others can ask for advice too.
  • DanielleL
    edited July 2018
    Options
    mega ghost   
    DarthDeVo 
    (The stupid @ isn't appearing at the front of the usernames. How do I tag people?)
    Seeing the notification number for the tokens is distracting to me so I don't hoard. I got my first cover for Red Hulk.

Yeah, I look forward to more crashes. And to my 4*s being more covered.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DanielleL said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well I made this thread because Wolverine is my highest covered 4* so I thought I might have a chance with him. The rest of my 4*s are mostly 0-2 covers with a few at 3 or 4 so I hadn't considered trying with them. Maybe I could make a thread for crash advice in general that can be used for any upcoming crash instead of a new thread each crash. Plus that way others can ask for advice too.
    I've been more inactive on the boards the past several months than I used to, but each Crash there used to be a thread posted asking people to share their story and results. That

For a while, I was one of the people to typically post the initial thread, and usually tried to include some suggestions of how to win with undercovered or underleveled characters.

Generally speaking, most Crashes *can* be won with about seven covers, Level 150 or so. Obviously, that will be different for each character. For instance, even if you're Red Hulk is 5/0/5 and level maxed, you will have a really hard time winning that Crash with no green covers. Other characters, like Professor X or Invisible Woman can win their crash with a single cover, thanks to their ability to go invisible. 
  • DanielleL
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DanielleL said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I've been more inactive on the boards the past several months than I used to, but each Crash there used to be a thread posted asking people to share their story and results. That

For a while, I was one of the people to typically post the initial thread, and usually tried to include some suggestions of how to win with undercovered or underleveled characters.

Generally speaking, most Crashes *can* be won with about seven covers, Level 150 or so. Obviously, that will be different for each character. For instance, even if you're Red Hulk is 5/0/5 and level maxed, you will have a really hard time winning that Crash with no green covers. Other characters, like Professor X or Invisible Woman can win their crash with a single cover, thanks to their ability to go invisible. 
    I know the crashes do have threads but they are usually when that specific crash is going on so maybe some threads beforehand so people can prepare could work.

Oh yeah, I know which covers definitely matter. I tried the crash with Deadpool because I wanted to see what they were like and I had him but he only has one cover and it's the one that affects teammates which made it useless in one-on-one so I had no powers to use. Tried it a few times and kept losing and decided to stop and wait until he had more covers.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tip one fighting against Cyclops in Crash of the Titans:

1. Prevent Cyclops matching Yellow at all cost
    2. Stockpiling Yellow as much as possible in the beginning, then use them later on 
    3. You can use Wolverine's Green (X-Force) to destroy Red
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DanielleL said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well be on the look out for "special" Crash covers - these are basically the ones that let you go invisible - so Prof X purple for example. It is possible to win such Crash's from a single cover position - it is a real slog and needs some luck but it can be done. Ghost would fall in to this category also - so your current 2/1/1 build would be viable.