7 day Events

2»

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: Gauntlet
    They could still run it with roster based scaling.  They do that with the side nodes on bosses already.  I never beat the Gauntlet, but it was a challenge that a lot of ppl want once in a while.  Sure, the rewards were never great, but it was more for the mountain climbing/i conquered it aspect.  Run it at the same time as a Boss event to fill the dead time and the iso shortage.  

Also bring back Heroics.  
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I miss 7 day events as well. I did not like the gauntlet in the past. Either it was too difficult and i hit a wall within a short time, and I couldn't get past it. Or it was a breeze and then I very little to do in the game for a few days. Though that could also be said for boss events which i do like. I think my main issue is that the rewards for the Gauntlet did not seem to match the challenge. If the rewards were reworked I'd be up to try that event again.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could still run it with roster based scaling.  They do that with the side nodes on bosses already.  I never beat the Gauntlet, but it was a challenge that a lot of ppl want once in a while.  Sure, the rewards were never great, but it was more for the mountain climbing/i conquered it aspect.  Run it at the same time as a Boss event to fill the dead time and the iso shortage.  

Also bring back Heroics.  
    I was under the impression that boss event side nodes were NOT scaled based on your roster. Everyone sees the same level 20-whatever for the first 8 hours, level 40 or whatever for the next 8 hours, and so on.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Also bring back Heroics.  
    I was under the impression that boss event side nodes were NOT scaled based on your roster. Everyone sees the same level 20-whatever for the first 8 hours, level 40 or whatever for the next 8 hours, and so on.
    By the last day my side nodes are easily in the 200s.  I think they're incrementally scaled by each refresh (especially at the 24, 48, and 72 hr mark).  Maybe you're right.  I was always under the impression that the later into the boss event, the more it's the side nodes are tied to your roster strength.

Any 3* rosters care to share how their boss event side nodes scale?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018

Also bring back Heroics.  
    By the last day my side nodes are easily in the 200s.  I think they're incrementally scaled by each refresh (especially at the 24, 48, and 72 hr mark).  Maybe you're right.  I was always under the impression that the later into the boss event, the more it's the side nodes are tied to your roster strength.

It's the same for everyone. The side nodes scale up every refresh. My Alliance is mostly 4* players, but we do have some 3* players and their side nodes are the same as the rest of the Alliance. I wish the Boss Individual Rewards were scaled by SCL though, because they seem really ancient compared to where the game is today.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:

Also bring back Heroics.  

It's the same for everyone. The side nodes scale up every refresh. My Alliance is mostly 4* players, but we do have some 3* players and their side nodes are the same as the rest of the Alliance. I wish the Boss Individual Rewards were scaled by SCL though, because they seem really ancient compared to where the game is today.
    Unless you're seeing level 460 side nodes in the end it's certainly not the same for everyone.

Nodes are capped for the first 24 hours, after that's it's 100% bad old roster based scaling.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I also miss 7 day events.  One feature of EOTS I loved was blocking from using any form of Wolverine, including TU, and then you could use him after he was rescued.  

Please, would you run this story again.  
    That event was terrible for the few months where PvE scaling was roster-dependent and Logan was my only champed 5*.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    I remember when the forums would be filled with doom n gloom at the idea of Enemy of the State coming up but players having to face a few days of it without their beloved OML. I doubt it would even register as a flicker now if it was run again!
    Old man who? 
    I remember this feeling before I sold my oml after the nerf , the biggest problem was he was my highest level character and at the time we had roster based scaling, so Enemies scaled to my level 390 OML but I couldn't use him... madness
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss heroics :( 
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss heroics :( 
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    Shintok17 said:

Also bring back Heroics.  

Unless you're seeing level 460 side nodes in the end it's certainly not the same for everyone.

Nodes are capped for the first 24 hours, after that's it's 100% bad old roster based scaling.
    Yep.  My wife has a 2* roster and her side nodes are much different from mine.