7 day Events

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
I miss 7 day events ( I miss gauntlet), it feels like its been 100 meet rocket and groots ago since we got one.
it Also feels like they used to run pretty frequently  ( I wanna say every 4-6 weeks).
what about a 5 day event with a slightly tweaked reward structure, how come we never get anything like that?
or maybe throw in some of those one off events every once and a while, like growth industry or something?
what do you think? 

Comments

• elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I like 7days events also but they seem to be replaced with boss events... on the gauntlet front i know i finished my last one with the charlie's angels combo which just goes to show how long ago it was :(
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I miss them too.  Shame people had to whine and cry about them the one time they were actually listening
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should put out a 7-day event right after the boss event that has a new character =)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I really miss 7 Day events like "Enemy Of The State" and "Prodigal Son".
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love 7 day events, but the 3 and 4 day events are just as rewarding. I miss the gauntlet above all else
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I also miss 7 day events.  One feature of EOTS I loved was blocking from using any form of Wolverine, including TU, and then you could use him after he was rescued.  

Please, would you run this story again.  
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I loved how many event tokens you can get in a 7 day event , especially when there is a vault , you have a good chance of getting some of the top rewards. 
    Eots was the best for this because of all the wave battles (which is also something I wish there were more of)
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Hear hear! EotS is a great event, so many tokens and the wave nodes are fun to play. Also, 7 day events reward 10% more CP and HP than a 3 day and 4 day event combined if I remember correctly, so there's that...

Please run them once in a while! Maybe not every month, but once every 2 to 3 months or so?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Run them just to break up the monotony of playing the same events over and over.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Why did they stop running the Gauntlet?  Is it really that hard to fix the rewards?  Until cp was introduced, the Gauntlet was beloved around here.  It was definitely my favorite pve.  🤷‍♂️ 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    At the very least it would be nice if they’d shorten them to 3 or 4 days events for varieties sake.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have we had a gauntlet since the move away from roster-based scaling? Maybe that’s why they haven’t ran it?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something like Feb 2017, I think? Someone mentioned it in a thread the other day. Yes, I think it was pulled at roughly the same time SCL scaling was introduced. Shame; I’d just actually beaten the darn thing. Got a Venom for my trouble, I think.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss 7 day events, not really because they are particularly better than any others, but because I'm so sick of seeing the same events all the time now. 

Would be more than happy to see them break up the 7 day events into 4 & 3 day events just to add some more variety. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember when the forums would be filled with doom n gloom at the idea of Enemy of the State coming up but players having to face a few days of it without their beloved OML. I doubt it would even register as a flicker now if it was run again!
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Just break them in half.
    Would be more than happy to see them break up the 7 day events into 4 & 3 day events just to add some more variety. 
    So much this! A simple and elegant solution.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, what? They're not running EotS any more? What gives, that was one of my favourite events :cry:

I had noticed it had been a while but didn't know they actually discontinued it, I just thought some other events got rotated in earlier :(:(.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    Wait, what? They're not running EotS any more? What gives, that was one of my favourite events :cry:

I had noticed it had been a while but didn't know they actually discontinued it, I just thought some other events got rotated in earlier :(:(.
    They are but not as a 7 day. It wasn't that long ago it ran.