Customer Service Delays?

2»

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta said:
    Did anyone else not get all the covers they were meant to? 
    Or was it just me? :( 
    i noticed in one of their response emails that they missed a cover. I brought it to their attention and extended our correspondence a few more days but I got all the covers I was due because I verified it in our back and forth with CS
    They correctly e-mailed me which covers I was suppose to receive. 
    Then as I was clicking claim, it stopped short  :s
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jsut got my missing covers now. 
    So it looks like they're taking on average 3-4 days per correspondence. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Out of curiosity, if I were to champ my max-covered 5s, request they break down the single cover versions, and then apply them as champ levels, would that be “gaming” the system?
    Good question, not sure if it applies here but my understanding from the announcement is that the dupes that are being broken down are a result of cover maxxing one color and rostering them instead of being sold.

If the person has not fully 13-covered that 5 star since they rostered the unusable covers into a dupe, those covers would go into the save vault, awaiting the 3:1 exchange or an inevitable max covering/subsequent champing and those saved covers being applied as champ levels. IMO, I understand this to be the intended progression/use of this feature and not gaming the system.

If the person HAS fully 13-covered that 5 star AND champed it since they rostered an unusable cover, then breaking that lower covered dupe and applying it as champ levels is also acceptable and not considered gaming the system because once again those covers were unusable at the time they were rostered and became "usable" after the fact. If that is what led up to the scenario you posted above, then no, IMO, that is not gaming the system.

Regardless, this is my take on it and I don't want to complicate it further or lend any authority to this post which isn't truly there. I can't control what motivations people have for rostering dupes or sending in CS requests. I am wrong and apologize for calling them out as spurious or gaming the system in my earlier post. I shouldn't have been so harsh and overreacted to that degree.

I just wanted to address the OP thread title and give my take on why CS may be taking longer: they are processing a higher volume of requests due to the 1:1 exchange on latests legends ending AND handling dupe breakdowns requests that may not go along with their initial intent but also could have been detailed better to rule out certain exchanges they did not want. I'd say the delay from former overnight handling on exchanges to 3 day turnaround is acceptable considering the extenuating circumstances.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) I appreciate the apology. Sincerely. 

2) I don’t think we know what their intentions are both for the cover save feature and for the one-time breakdown. My thought is, all you can do is make the request. They get to decide whether it is gaming the system or not. 

3) If I were to request all my single covered dupes get broken down (which in your eyes is acceptable) instead of my max covered dupes, it’d be the same amount of CS time to respond to the ticket. So you can’t really put the delay on my unique request. 

4) Though I may have been the first to use think of this (at least the dupe breakdown aspect of it), I won’t be the last. I promise you that when people open hoards many will apply covers strategically so they don’t have champ certain characters right away and can instead bank covers. This will be a thing.  Actually the fact that this is a built-in side effect of the cover save system actually encourages opening tokens in hoards even more!

5) It’s not some affront to the game to play in ways that are contrary to the developers wishes. We hoard though they don’t want us to because it’s smart.  And the best use of resources.  This is no different.  I softcap because I enjoy playing my maxed 3s and under-leveled 5s with my 4s. Though the developers likely don’t want me to softcap, it’s the character variety I get to enjoy everyday that keeps me playing at all. If I was stuck using my two strongest characters for every match I’d get pretty bored and quit altogether. And the best part is that my style of play does not take food out of 5* players’ mouths. I don’t hit 1200, play CL9, or get 45 minute clears. That’s the trade off for softcapping. And I’m okay with it. You all can still get the bestest rewards and we can ALL play in ways we enjoy. 

I hope everyone’s customer service requests go smoothly!

• Daredevil217
    Oh and the reason for the delay is pretty simple. Two super huge CS initiatives are ending tomorrow.

So, many people who had been holding off on cracking hoards are doing so to get swaps before they are gone forever. 

And people are are cashing in on the one-time exception to breakdown covers before it is gone forever. This is a new request customer service has never responded to before and thus an even greater influx of requests. 

Seems there’s a pretty simple reason as to WHY the delay. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh and the reason for the delay is pretty simple. Two super huge CS initiatives are ending tomorrow.

So, many people who had been holding off on cracking hoards are doing so to get swaps before they are gone forever. 

And people are are cashing in on the one-time exception to breakdown covers before it is gone forever. This is a new request customer service has never responded to before and thus an even greater influx of requests. 

Actually it's not,  when championing went live CS was breaking dupe 3s and 4s. It wasn't officially offered like this time but they have done it previously
  • Daredevil217
    fmftint said:

Actually it's not,  when championing went live CS was breaking dupe 3s and 4s. It wasn't officially offered like this time but they have done it previously
    Good point. But my main point remains. They’re backed up because two time limited offers are ending and they are getting flooded with requests. Nothing more or less. 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    UPDATE:
    3 days to receive the sell notification
    2 days to receive the new cover