A Journey through History: Add it to Story Mode

Options
13»

Comments

• Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Adding things to or improving Story mode is something that's on the team's radar. I do have to ask though, wouldn't converting those PvE events into Story mode mean that there would be less content to schedule as a rotating event?

Marvel Puzzle Quest has a lot of events to cycle through, but that's also because they didn't convert any of them to Story mode. Eventually they were able to amass enough events to set up a rotation that's easy to manage (relatively same pattern), but with a large enough variety to still keep things fresh and exciting for players. 

Brigby said:
    Adding things to or improving Story mode is something that's on the team's radar. I do have to ask though, wouldn't converting those PvE events into Story mode mean that there would be less content to schedule as a rotating event?

Marvel Puzzle Quest has a lot of events to cycle through, but that's also because they didn't convert any of them to Story mode. Eventually they were able to amass enough events to set up a rotation that's easy to manage (relatively same pattern), but with a large enough variety to still keep things fresh and exciting for players. 
    Why not add some daily objectives to story mode? Ranging from easy to hard (5-10)with simple mana rune rewards. This would fill the void for daily content without putting coalition pressure on. The new objectives in recent events have been interesting with cost and rarity restrictions. It could even start off as weekly events. This could be a simple start to holiday and seasonal events in story mode which wouldn't take on to many resources.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean, rewards are great and all...a big point of this here would be to add a bit more depth to the game and make it less of a "grind, level up, get stuff, repeat," game.

This is especially important for people coming to this game who aren't card mtg veterans.  As is, most of them wouldn't have any idea of what's going on in this game, which leaves little motivation to stay, especially with the steep learning curve.  There are plenty of other swap-3 games out there.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You have to be realistic.

Adding something to story mode de-facto takes it out of event rotation.

We have PvE events that for some reason are no longer in rotation already.  Those should be before the current, latest event.

Removing the AWR leaves us with only the RIX events as the newest events.

This is why I am very, very against this suggestion.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    James13 said:
    You have to be realistic.

Adding something to story mode de-facto takes it out of event rotation.

We have PvE events that for some reason are no longer in rotation already.  Those should be before the current, latest event.

Removing the AWR leaves us with only the RIX events as the newest events.

This is why I am very, very against this suggestion.
    I don't see your reasoning behind being against my suggestion.  It could both be added to story mode and kept in event rotation.  It's not like we all wouldn't still play it.

The Dominaria set is critical to add to story mode because it's the story of Magic the Gathering's homeworld, and the tale of over half the entire MTG saga.  To not add it would almost be contradictory to the purpose of the theme of this game.

Of course, I'm all for adding other storylines as well.
  • Chocostove
    Chocostove Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At this point it would be cool if they just put the main legacy events into story mode. That way it fleshes out the game for new players and gives them a little more resources to work with. It would also give a place to play legacy and enjoy some of the cards that are out of rotation. They could still keep the smaller events from each set and keep those in play for weekly events just like normal.