Iso8 deletion when breaking down duplicate covers

John Wayne74
John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure how many people have started trying to break down duplicate 5* covers yet.  I have started the process.  Fair warning, this could be isolated or could be more widespread as more people go forth with the one time offer.

had 253,468 iso when I received the notification to sell my level 255 10 cover Phoenix dupe that I had requested to be broken down.  Sold it and took a screenshot of the sell screen for 2000 iso and 0 gold.  Ended up with 255,468 iso.  They replied hours later for me to restart the game and my iso would be zeroed.  I was so confused and assumed it was an error.

Nope.  They literally deleted all of my iso to recoup the 2,000 iso that I gained from selling the dupe toon!  Shear comedy!!!!

i have sent them screen shots of my before and after iso totals.  We’ll see how this plays out!

Edit.  *****. Read the fine print lol *****

close this thread please, issue is not actually an issue I guess

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    You’ll get it back.  I’m in the process as well and they said the following in the initial communication:

Please keep in mind that your currencies will temporarily be set to 0 during this process, and we will then credit you back the difference in currency after removing what was gained from selling the character(s) from this breakdown process along with the broken down Comic Covers. 

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now we know why they let you keep the ISO from selling a cover while doing swaps.
    Can't believe they're doing all this for a measly 2000 ISO.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I also found this surprising.  Not the fact that I would lose the ISO, I had seen that in their original reply.  I had thought, however, that the zeroing of ISO would happen simultaneously with crediting the covers and adjusted ISO.  I apparently had received the CS reply at the end of their workday, and as there is no indicator in game on the main screen of having a CS message waiting, I didn't see their instructions to restart the game.  Imagine my surprise when my game restarted due to swapping apps, and coming back to zero ISO.  Can't skip in PvP to find targets, no ISO based boosts.  That was certainly inconvenient and unexpected.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Now we know why they let you keep the ISO from selling a cover while doing swaps.
    Can't believe they're doing all this for a measly 2000 ISO.
    If breaking down the character involves refunding any Iso you pumped into the duplicate, then it is presumably a bit more involved than just selling a cover that was sitting in the queue.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most people asking for this service are post-ISO or close to it. They never did this for the ISO of straight swaps, nor did they do it for the dupe break ups after the introduction of championing. This is beyond comical and just a little sad.

@Brigby what is the reasoning for this policy change? Because it's not a great look that you can't even spare 2k ISO. Less than you get from a DDQ...
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    It's just another unnecessary and petty thing that they always feel the need to add on to something that should just be positive. It's truly mind boggling
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    My guess is they’re doing it to cut down on people doing it just for the ISO.  I wouldn’t think there would be too many, but who knows.

As long as it doesn’t take too long to get the ISO back I’m ok with it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    To play devil's advocate, it's only 2000 iso for those post-iso. Why get ruffled by such a small amount that doesn't belong to you in the first place since you are able to get the cover applied correctly?  :p
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    One ally mate had 27 dupe covers, so that’s 54k.

I have 3, 6K.

It seems petty,  but maybe it’s based on an analysis of extra rostered characters and how much iso would be infected as a result.  It still seems a little better than sitting on useless covers waiting to see if the devs will ever rework a 5*, which they haven’t done for any Classic turkey in years (Cap, and then Gambit, were the last two).

CS only can add resources, or I guess do account rollbacks, hence this unwieldy process.  It could deter some people from doing it, too.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    To play devil's advocate, it's only 2000 iso for those post-iso. Why get ruffled by such a small amount that doesn't belong to you in the first place since you are able to get the cover applied correctly?  :p
    Your right that this isn’t a lot but they never did this before.  In fact, did you know that when Gambit was “nerfed” and you got tokens for selling covers, if you were a 550 Gambit player and had swaps, they told you to sell the Gambit cover to move it to another char.  Issue is that you got the ISO from the cover AND a token for another 5*.  Talk about a massive bonus.  2000 Iso, another 5* cover from the token and the swap to the 5* cover that you wanted.  Yep.  This was a thing.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    If that's the case, it's likely a technical limitation.  I believe CS mentioned that iso-8 would be reduced to zero temporarily.

The only workaround is to plan carefully or choose an appropriate time. All players have until 27th June to do this. If we are talking about PvP, players can do it after they put up a shield.

As for Gambit, I think it might be a special arrangement. I think the devs mentioned that if they are going to make changes to characters within 30 days, they will come up with some kind of compensation or deal.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoard tokens for opening after the 0 out happens. Should at least get you enough for skips.  That’s my plan.  
  • Daiches
    That's the thing. It doesn't matter to us. We don't care about that ISO.
    Waht we do care about are the side effects (no skipping possible without ISO) and the change of policy (established when they broke up dupes for championing introduction).
    There is also no technical limitation besides one they created themselves by making it work different that it has always worked. 

• The rockett
    So I just sold my 5 PHX, 2 IM 46 and 2 Cap CW got a total of 6000 Iso since they were lvl 255.  So they will remove 3.5 Mil Iso, 120K HP and 6K CP from my account for 6000 ISO.  Also this might happen during a sheild hop in pvp. Then what?  I am glad they are doing this but for 6K iso is a bit much.  
  • The rockett
    OJSP said:
    So they will remove 3.5 Mil Iso, 120K HP and 6K CP from my account for 6000 ISO.
    The message I received didn’t mention anything about removing the HP or CP.
    “ Please keep in mind that your currencies will temporarily be set to 0 during this process”

You are right but I don’t know what this means.  It says currencies not ISO which makes it feels like everything.  Could be wrong.  If I am I will update this.  

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice quick fix, Brigby.
    Good to see you CAN move quickly if you are allowed to.
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Almost 24 hours and I still have no iso and no covers hahahahhaahaahahahahahahaha

ha
  • Daiches
    Thanks @Brigby