New System means New Plots

Options
2»

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just hope they don’t listen to people who want to make the exchange rate smaller. I never actually plan to use the bank to exchange covers and instead plan to use it as a storage area while I try to cover characters naturally. The bigger the bank the less waste there. As Hardonic said, 1:3 would be the worst. I say either make it 1:1 for Latests or make the bank bigger if you make any changes at all. I’m scared that people who don’t understand what this actually is are going to ruin it and make it worse. 
    Well, you called that. I tried my best to enlighten people with math.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hadronic said:
    I just hope they don’t listen to people who want to make the exchange rate smaller. I never actually plan to use the bank to exchange covers and instead plan to use it as a storage area while I try to cover characters naturally. The bigger the bank the less waste there. As Hardonic said, 1:3 would be the worst. I say either make it 1:1 for Latests or make the bank bigger if you make any changes at all. I’m scared that people who don’t understand what this actually is are going to ruin it and make it worse. 
    Well, you called that. I tried my best to enlighten people with math.

I’m REALLY hoping they reconsider this.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hey, Hadronic -

I love posts like these, appreciate the analysis. Some of the numbers don't line up with what I came up with, and I wonder if there's an error in your script? Here's an example where the character should be finished, but the script says we need 53 more pulls:

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this now a math dance off? Too many calculations for my brain.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    -REMOVED- Confused Number of Stored Covers with Max Number of Stored Covers
  • Hadronic
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hey, Hadronic -

I love posts like these, appreciate the analysis. Some of the numbers don't line up with what I came up with, and I wonder if there's an error in your script? Here's an example where the character should be finished, but the script says we need 53 more pulls:

good find, this is a bug
    i didnt consider people would put in a technically finished character to begin with.

It's pulling till you got the next cover and then it sees that the character is finished. I will fix this.

Fixed this bug.
    https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbxN_tv6BD3fVwM3WrYjqnSmmz2k3Aky1ZV-ZXwVKnfLyR9m1Wps/exec
  • Hadronic
    Options
    Decided to study fixed numbers of pulls and find the odds of completing latests.

Using Bonus Heroes and 3:1 exchanges