The daily rewards

Options
2»

Comments

• EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like to see them consolidate all of the currencies into one currency.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've noticed this "issue" with the daily rewards right after KLD rotated out but thought it was just something that was forgotten. But today, the first day of July, at least 3 months after KLD rotated out, now AKH is also out, we are still getting non-Standard boosters.

Since there is no official answer to this post or anywhere else, I have to say that this is a HUGE disappointment.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rasalghul said:
    I've noticed this "issue" with the daily rewards right after KLD rotated out but thought it was just something that was forgotten. But today, the first day of July, at least 3 months after KLD rotated out, now AKH is also out, we are still getting non-Standard boosters.

Since there is no official answer to this post or anywhere else, I have to say that this is a HUGE disappointment.

I also do not understand why and do not like any official answer.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby Any kind of heads up you could give in regards to this possibly being looked into in the near future? No need for confirmation of a change or a lack thereof but just a "We're looking in to this" sort of thing.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Brigby Any kind of heads up you could give in regards to this possibly being looked into in the near future? No need for confirmation of a change or a lack thereof but just a "We're looking in to this" sort of thing.
    So I brought up the topic of what card sets should be in the daily rewards boosters, and it would appear that the intention is to have a gradual progression of them that leads up to the latest set. This is so players get a balance of Legacy cards and Standard cards.

For example, right now in the daily rewards you see one booster of each of the following card sets, in this order:
    1. Origins
    2. Kaladesh
    3. Amonkhet
    4. Hour of Devastation
    5. Dominaria (21-Day Super Pack)
    6. Ixalan
    7. Rivals of Ixalan
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brakkis said:
    Brigby Any kind of heads up you could give in regards to this possibly being looked into in the near future? No need for confirmation of a change or a lack thereof but just a "We're looking in to this" sort of thing.
    So I brought up the topic of what card sets should be in the daily rewards boosters, and it would appear that the intention is to have a gradual progression of them that leads up to the latest set. This is so players get a balance of Legacy cards and Standard cards.

For example, right now in the daily rewards you see one booster of each of the following card sets, in this order:
    1. Origins
    2. Kaladesh
    3. Amonkhet
    4. Hour of Devastation
    5. Dominaria (21-Day Super Pack)
    6. Ixalan
    7. Rivals of Ixalan
    Thank you @Brigby

While I may not like the response, I'm appreciative of it nonetheless. I just don't feel that the daily log in rewards should give anything not in standard as this is something that can often help newer players participating in coalition based events, where the legacy cards are of no assistance to them.

Alas, we cant have everything we desire.

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know how hard it is to implement but I'd rather see:
    Origin
    Legacy of your choice 
    Legacy of your choice 
    Standard of your choice (without dominaria) 
    Standard of your choice (without dominaria) 
    Dominaria 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think standard cards are for legacy matches also. So why give newer player half or less usable cards, instead of standards. We talk about 3 standard booster per month.