The daily rewards

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
So do you think this could be updated to not be giving us Kaladesh and Amonkhet packs? I would think the daily rewards packs at the end of each week would be Standard packs only.

Comments

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think Brakkis is correct: new players in particular rely a lot on this boosters and receiving something that they cannot use is a huge let down
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes. Orbs should be add to weekly rewards too and replace one runes
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes. Orbs should be add to weekly rewards too and replace one runes. 
    I think I'd prefer to see Jewels over orbs.

Also, can we change the Trial of the Planes rewards to give us non-HoD packs? That's more than a little stale.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes. Orbs should be add to weekly rewards too and replace one runes. 
    I think I'd prefer to see Jewels over orbs.

Also, can we change the Trial of the Planes rewards to give us non-HoD packs? That's more than a little stale.
    wait...you're telling me you don't want your 5 dupes with a slim chance at an almost-legacy non-dupe?  :o:D
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options

wait...you're telling me you don't want your 5 dupes with a slim chance at an almost-legacy non-dupe?  :o:D
    Shocking, I know. I keep hoping for that rumbling green to show me "Hour of Promise", but no...

Seriously, just a little bit of housekeeping would go a long way. 

Update the rewards on some of these events, and update booster crafting so that RIX doesn't have the new set tax, etc...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shocking, I know. I keep hoping for that rumbling green to show me "Hour of Promise", but no...

Seriously, just a little bit of housekeeping would go a long way. 

Update the rewards on some of these events, and update booster crafting so that RIX doesn't have the new set tax, etc...
    Yeah, for all the good Oktagon has done, they are really bad at keeping things up to date.  Seems like every minor change needs its own patch, which takes extra time to make and get out.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The daily rewards could be updated to 1- Orbs 2- Crystal 3- Runes 4- Jewels 5- Booster (standard). So it would be well balanced 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options

But this is exactly as intended.  It's the established pattern ever since crafting became a thing.

The "current set tax" applies until the next set becomes craft-able and subject to that "tax".  Roughly one month after Dominaria release it will hit the crafting menu and the RIX price will drop at the same time.  Until Dominaria is craft-able, RIX remains the most recent craft-able set.

This is the way it has worked with each of the post-crafting release sets and continues to work.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Look, I'm not asking them to update event rewards to the most current Standard set; nor am I asking them to update the daily log in rewards to include orbs. Those are entirely different matters.

The thing they need to update is the Daily Log-In Rewards having a Kaladesh and an Amonkhet pack. The log in packs should always be standard legal packs.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Look, I'm not asking them to update event rewards to the most current Standard set; nor am I asking them to update the daily log in rewards to include orbs. Those are entirely different matters.

The thing they need to update is the Daily Log-In Rewards having a Kaladesh and an Amonkhet pack. The log in packs should always be standard legal packs.
    Yes yes yes yes.

There are 4 packs we get for login rewards, and there are 4 packs in standard at a time.  This should be a no brainer.

Once again, this is Oktagon just refusing to update something they inherited from Hibernium.  I don't know why they won't (or can't) change anything (legacy events, Trial of the Planes, daily rewards...ect), but its getting annoying.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't say refusing as such, just there are so many things to get to...
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Well, having orbs and jewels being available as daily rewards is certainly nice, but most importantly the daily reward must be made automatic when we access the game for the day instead of having to scroll to a specific page and manually claim. I've lost an untold number of booster packs from the daily rewards despite playing daily, I'll have you know.....
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

Yes yes yes yes.

There are 4 packs we get for login rewards, and there are 4 packs in standard at a time.  This should be a no brainer.

Once again, this is Oktagon just refusing to update something they inherited from Hibernium.  I don't know why they won't (or can't) change anything (legacy events, Trial of the Planes, daily rewards...ect), but its getting annoying.
    I
     count 5 sets? But since there is the super pack in the end, your argument that this should be a non brainer is still valid.
    I don't care whether the other rewards will be changed or not, I don't see a necessity, but the l packs should be standard.
    The one or two more recent packs per month doesn't make a huge difference for me - but it every new player it's a great thing!
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

Yes yes yes yes.

But...they have changed the rewards. They are the ones that added XLN and RIX to the game. Both XLN and RIX boosters are daily rewards, one on day 25 and one on day 30. The newest set being DOM was swapped in for the extra reward super pack. Maybe in July we will see KLD and AKH bumped in favor of two DOM packs at the very end. I think it was a conscious decision to leave DOM out just like RIX was not rewarded as the final booster in May.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    There are 6 packs in the daily rewards and 5 sets in Standard with this new rotation they're doing. That's one pack for each current standard set with one set getting two. That could either be the newest set, or the previous set (not Origins).

Example
    Origins Pack - Day 5
    HoD Pack - Day 10
    XLN Pack - Day 15
    RIX Pack - Day 20
    DOM Super Pack - Day 21
    DOM -or- RIX Pack - Day 25
    DOM Pack - Day 30

That is how it should look. That is what it should have been changed to already. Once the next set is added to PQ (will it be Ravnica or Core Set 19!?) then it's a simple matter of rolling out the no-longer-standard pack and putting in the new set.
    Would be even better to flip it the other way: put Origins on day 5, the most recent set on Day 10 and work your way backwards to the oldest eligible set on day 25 or 30.  Gives the newest cards sooner rather than later, so the penalty for missing a day isn't quite as bad.

There shouldn't even be a need to have someone think about setting the board at the beginning of every month, just code it to that schedule permanently and forget about it.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

Yes yes yes yes.

But...they have changed the rewards. They are the ones that added XLN and RIX to the game. Both XLN and RIX boosters are daily rewards, one on day 25 and one on day 30. The newest set being DOM was swapped in for the extra reward super pack. Maybe in July we will see KLD and AKH bumped in favor of two DOM packs at the very end. I think it was a conscious decision to leave DOM out just like RIX was not rewarded as the final booster in May.
    Fair enough about AKH since it just rotated out when DOM was released, and yes, I agree it was a conscious decision to not include DOM in the rotation yet, but I don't understand the logic behind not replacing the KLD booster with something Standard, whatever it is.

Maybe it's their way to address the issue over in the other thread about Legacy events, and helping newbs to be able to be more competitive and able to achieve secondary objectives... ;)
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd love to see another currency similar to orbs, given in daily rewards / old events, which you can exchange to boosters of your choice with fixed price ( like current "Booster crafting" which is actually "Card crafting").  There should be some mechanics to avoid accumulating this currency to use only on newest set - hard limit how much you can have).
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not another currency, that'd be bad, 4 is already at least 1 too many... But selling some of the boosters with existing currencies would be ok.