POLL: Burn out... real or over imagined?

Options
2»

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    @aaron....great poll. Hard choice between option 4 and 5 for me. Helping the alliance I'm in is more important than my own success, and that alone will keep me pushing in the game. However, I'm also dangerously close to stopping for a few days to just try to reset myself. I doubt that I could walk away easily, but it still has to be a consideration at times.

So you're gonna go all "Iron Man 40 yellow" on us?

hmm...don't know about that. If I were to do that, then I'd be stunned for two turns.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    @aaron....great poll. Hard choice between option 4 and 5 for me. Helping the alliance I'm in is more important than my own success, and that alone will keep me pushing in the game. However, I'm also dangerously close to stopping for a few days to just try to reset myself. I doubt that I could walk away easily, but it still has to be a consideration at times.

So you're gonna go all "Iron Man 40 yellow" on us?

hmm...don't know about that. If I were to do that, then I'd be stunned for two turns.

Systems reset. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good points before, and ill add the bad european timing and event end grinding in as one. I just cant wake up at 5am just to grind points every other day, the couple hours just before events end means too much to total points score. If you play well all event through, the last hour just shouldnt mean so much to where you place, specially in events that lasts many days to play.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Miaomew wrote:
    Good points before, and ill add the bad European timing and event end grinding in as one. I just cant wake up at 5am just to grind points every other day, the couple hours just before events end means too much to total points score. If you play well all event through, the last hour just shouldn't mean so much to where you place, specially in events that lasts many days to play.

Actually, while the scoring/scaling/rubberbanding system is far from perfect, I don't think the concept itself is bad. If I start an event the second it opens and you start the event a day later, you shouldn't be punished for not having or making time for the game at the starting point. It should be about how well you play the game. Regardless of time put in. If you have built your roster and pair your team in very efficient ways, you shouldn't have to play as hard as someone who has half the roster size as you and plays inefficiently.

As far as the time issue, I can't think of a reasonable way to fix this that would actually make the game better. They could implement an around the world schedule based on the users time zone. (Example: The event begins at 10am user time and ends at 10am the next day user time. And you can only access the event during your time frame. For me, it would be CST.) But I think that would be tricky and just cause more problems then the current system. So i don't see that as being viable. Another opinion (option) that I have seen expressed is to run the same event in multiples so you can play more efficiently. But that doesn't seem like a good option either considering their servers are already having trouble with the current load of the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm burnt out and I was going to leave my alliance so as not to drag them down, but I think they're all burnt out too because no one is going after high scores anymore.

The game has become work for me. I feel like if I stop to take a break, I'll miss out on covers that will keep me from doing well in later tournaments, and that this will have a snowball effect going forward. So it feels like I have to play hardcore or not at all, and I'm burnt out on playing hardcore.

But, other than an initial $5 to open roster spaces, I don't put money into the game, so I don't think my concerns = developers' concerns.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lithicbee wrote:
    I'm burnt out and I was going to leave my alliance so as not to drag them down, but I think they're all burnt out too because no one is going after high scores anymore.

The game has become work for me. I feel like if I stop to take a break, I'll miss out on covers that will keep me from doing well in later tournaments, and that this will have a snowball effect going forward. So it feels like I have to play hardcore or not at all, and I'm burnt out on playing hardcore.

But, other than an initial $5 to open roster spaces, I don't put money into the game, so I don't think my concerns = developers' concerns.

Yeah. I can see the cycle. I haven't hit that level yet, but I can definitely understand it. They really need to bring the fun back to the game. The MMR is really out of control so you have to work too much and that causes you to miss out on the fun that you are supposed to be having.

I don't even have my 2* half way maxed yet and it is matching me in PVP with lvl 85 and 141 on a constant basis. So PVP is a chore to me at the moment.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've definitely been feeling burnt out. If it weren't for Season 1 going on, I probably wouldn't be playing in nearly as many events.

I'm at that... what feels like a chokepoint of when you're trying to transition from 2*s to 3*s. Nowadays, it's even harder because any new characters they introduce are always 3* characters. That and certain color covers for different characters seeming to be Alliance Reward exclusive make it so hard to make much progress in getting more covers for 3* characters.

And especially after everything that's happened the past few days with the server stuff and the Oscorp Heroic, it's felt like it sucked a lot of fun out of the game. And all the stuff with MMR and the Season getting extended and Brackets and all that, it's just made the game feel like a chore. I'm hoping it'll be a while until Season 2 so I can take a break.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I've definitely been feeling burnt out. If it weren't for Season 1 going on, I probably wouldn't be playing in nearly as many events.

I'm at that... what feels like a chokepoint of when you're trying to transition from 2*s to 3*s. Nowadays, it's even harder because any new characters they introduce are always 3* characters. That and certain color covers for different characters seeming to be Alliance Reward exclusive make it so hard to make much progress in getting more covers for 3* characters.

And especially after everything that's happened the past few days with the server stuff and the Oscorp Heroic, it's felt like it sucked a lot of fun out of the game. And all the stuff with MMR and the Season getting extended and Brackets and all that, it's just made the game feel like a chore. I'm hoping it'll be a while until Season 2 so I can take a break.

Yeah. I really wish that PVP wasn't the only source of points for Season.