Does the hoard start anew?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, if The Great Unhoarding thread is any indication, a lot of us were waiting for the ideal time to try and get Jessica Jones covers. Or maybe you wanted Okoye. It's even possible some of you were seeking Lumbercap.  :o

So, what now? Time to build the hoard back up? Does the recent change to 4-star odds in tokens affect your decision? What are your hoarding practices - do you hoard CPs, LTs, or both? Do you wait for the magical 300 pulls before spending your hoard?

Share your future hoarding plans (or lack thereof).

Comments

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm 3 covers away from fully covering JJ so I'm going to be still pulling LT's as much as possible in hopes of finishing her off.  I really wanna be able to champ her since she seems like a blast!
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm torn between getting a bunch of champ levels for Jessica or going back to hoarding .
    JJ  is currently level 463 and she rocks,  I feel like if I can get her up around lvl 475-480, she'll be a solid alternate to gambit in PvP , for climbing at least .
    Cap and okoye I feel  are mediocre , especially in the current meta . Okoye stood a chance but the r154 update took care of that . Cap has a great nuke, and he'll get some minimal use in PvP and probably only use him in pve when he's essential .
    So as much as I really want to maximize JJ levels , it's probably a smarter move to just continue hoarding :(
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Once cover swaps go through (yo, support! get at me!), I'll have fully covered JJ and Okoye. My LumberCap sits at 4/1/4. 

After I champ JJ (I'll still have one of her covers on the vine after swaps) and hopefully champing one of the myriad 4*s on my vine, I plan to get back to hoarding. Currently, I don't think the change in 4* odds hurts me much. I have over half of my 4*s champed and after opening my hoard have 7 at 13 covers. I should be able to champ them before opening another hoard. Plus, pretty much all of my undercovered 4*s were from the classic pool. Maybe this change helps me short term?

Since I was able to cover JJ and Okoye, I'll most likely hoard LTs and CP until Cap is about to leave and then open enough to finish getting him covered. By then, I should have Okoye champed so I shouldn't suffer any wasted covers for her. Even covered, I probably won't champ LumberCap for awhile after that as having Cap, JJ and Okoye my only champed 5*s seems like an awful team. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evade420 said:
    I'm torn between getting a bunch of champ levels for Jessica or going back to hoarding .
    JJ  is currently level 463 and she rocks,  I feel like if I can get her up around lvl 475-480, she'll be a solid alternate to gambit in PvP , for climbing at least .
    Cap and okoye I feel  are mediocre , especially in the current meta . Okoye stood a chance but the r154 update took care of that . Cap has a great nuke, and he'll get some minimal use in PvP and probably only use him in pve when he's essential .
    So as much as I really want to maximize JJ levels , it's probably a smarter move to just continue hoarding :(
    Wait, is Okoye bad?  I thought they made it so tile destruction doesn’t trigger her passive (which makes sense) but did they gut her even more?? I thought she was going to be the number 2 character behind Gambit and was planning to hoard through Jess (now maxed) and Cap (seems meh) for her. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm generally going less for bigger hoards and more for smaller hoards now (70-150).  I currently have ~40 pulls available.  I'll be hoarding till someone new comes in, then I'll crack it until I get at least one of them.  When LumberCap leaves will be my next major hoard open, how hard will depend on what the survey says on how good Okoye and other 2 5*s are at that time.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only do small hoards, generally trying to keep a reserve of 500 CP and only doing 2 week hoards to get a good chance at a 5* just entering an LT (which has taken 32-40 pulls for 2 of the recent ones).

I am in a great spot for 4* characters with 3 non-champed (including Spider-Man). Mixed status for 5*s... the current latest are at 8, 9, and 6 covers. The Classics have a few champed and half of the rest in "a feeder will eventually complete it" status.

I did empty my hoard to try to get some covers for Valk and BW before their odds decreased, but the change otherwise didn't impact me much. But I realize the issues it causes for people in other roster categories.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm 2 covers shy of a completed JJ, so I'll keep pulling until then. Once that happens, I may hoard like I never have before. Particularly seeing the champed+boosted Okoye's running around in PvP, maybe I'll save up so I can do that in a few months...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    evade420 said:
    Wait, is Okoye bad?  I thought they made it so tile destruction doesn’t trigger her passive (which makes sense) but did they gut her even more?? I thought she was going to be the number 2 character behind Gambit and was planning to hoard through Jess (now maxed) and Cap (seems meh) for her. 
    She's definitely not bad,  it's just that with her update it seems as though any ability that requires a tile to be destroyed to do damage does not get the extra damage from her passive .
     IE: gambits red
    So basically she dosent play efficiently with the current meta (gambit or Thor). Which I'm pretty sad about . Her passive not affecting thor's green passive I can fully understand , but gambit red should have benefited from it, and did (until they patched it this week)
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I generally don't hoard unless I have a good reason to, and even then it's hard for me.  I had a mini-hoard for Monday because I had JJ and GR champed and didn't want champ levels for GR.  I'll pull as I go now since I want more JJ levels, and need covers for Cap and Okoye.  At this point, I would only stop pulling if I covered Cap, but that's a long way off (3/1/2).
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i hoard standards, elites and heroics until get 50 elites. usually takes 5-7 days. 
    tacos till 300+, then i'll pull for a needed cover.
    i open event tokens when i get them.
    hoard cp and latests until i get to 1000 cp. usually i get three pulls for every character that passes through latests. i've champed every 5* since gambit using this method.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've never hoarded before. I tried once, but almost quit the game over it — I realized after a few days that the regular rush of opening tokens / cashing in CP was necessary to keep me engaged. 

I'm waiting to see if they offer a good reason for weakening 4* pulls. If not, I think I'm going to begin hoarding for a push to the 5* tier. If I find it hard to stay interested as I do, though... well, it might finally be time to quit.

EDIT: That is not intended as an idle threat, and it's not me stomping my feet hoping to influence D3. There's just been a long string of bad changes to this game and poorly executed new features, and I feel like I'm on the ropes.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I had a~500 hoard pull, used 198 LL tokens and got JJ and NecroCap to 13 covers and champed, Okoye currently on 8 covers. Resuming the hoard, pulling when NecroCap leaves
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm going to start hoarding again at least until Cap is out of latest. Probably still wait to see if whoever pushes Okoye out is any good too. So It probably won't be as big of a hoard to drop next time, but in the meantime I get to find out how much more aggravating PvP can be.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Er…. When did they bring out another 5 star Cap and that General Okoye out? I knew I had dialled it back a lot recently playing but that’s a whole couple of chapters I missed.

I think I remember Okoye coming soon as that was a great choice for a toon as she was great in that film but I thought she was 4 star? And ive totally missed out on Cap.

So JJ Cap and Ok are in latest. I know JJ seems to be ok but what about the other two? Is cap the next one to leave? I have missed some stuff here.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yoik said:

Er…. When did they bring out another 5 star Cap and that General Okoye out? I knew I had dialled it back a lot recently playing but that’s a whole couple of chapters I missed.

I think I remember Okoye coming soon as that was a great choice for a toon as she was great in that film but I thought she was 4 star? And ive totally missed out on Cap.

So JJ Cap and Ok are in latest. I know JJ seems to be ok but what about the other two? Is cap the next one to leave? I have missed some stuff here.

Jessica Jones is next to leave. Cap was released for the Infinity War premiere. There was only a single fourstar release (Black Widow) between him and Okoye though, that's why people were a bit surprised she was a fivestar and Spider-man was a fourstar as the pattern would have suggested the other way around.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks Quebbster. I guess ultimately its 3 more toons to level I don't want to. I have 103 pulls if they ever set up a trade system you can have them. Outside from that ill guess ill save slowly till xmas. Going on how much I play now that will be 110 pulls ;)