Worst characters in Crash of the Titans?

2»

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those are exactly why I save the +% Match Support boosts.  There are some characters, step forward Lockjaw, that just can't do it on their own without a LOT of help.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

I'm hoping/expecting her to go up against someone who creates friendly special tiles for us. Venom with his yellow protects tiles, Carnage with his attack tiles, Elektra with het purple strike tiles. Maybe Patch with his duality strike tiles?
    Venom would be pretty ironic because Nico never benefits from Protect tiles ;)
    I realized that after posting this. Hoping Carnage or Elektra. But Elektra already has 2(?) crashes, so Carnage is a safer bet.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    When is Kraven due? That should be 'fun'. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soon, I think. Nico is next, then it should be Ant-man, Nova, and then Kraven.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Oh great. That is one match where I really dont know how I will win. Lets hope for Kraven vs Kraven and I'll just apply a whole load of match damage boosts. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Oh great. That is one match where I really dont know how I will win. Lets hope for Kraven vs Kraven and I'll just apply a whole load of match damage boosts. 
    Rocket and Groot could be interesting, or 4* Black Panther...
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I think Nico versus Kraven would be an interesting match. Kraven doesn’t produce special tiles so Nico’s passive would activate after only one use of her purple. Put out too many special tiles though and Kraven starts debuffing and doing damage. Then in order to heal Nico has to make more protect tiles she can’t use. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flaptain used to be the worst, now its definitively Lockjaw, so useless. You're just helping Torch win the fight.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Lockjaw a week or so back because I was tired of selling his covers, and I actually had a really easy time with his CoT. I beat it on the first try and it wasn't even a close call. I got The Dog That Bit You out early and several of the charged tiles were on Human Torch's strongest color, so he did 1,000+ passive damage each turn until he was dead. I think I fired his blue once too for minimal damage. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Lockjaw isn't anywhere near as bad as pre-rework Mr. Fantastic. Even if you had him champed, basically if Doom got off any of his powers once you were almost certainly dead. It was an effing nightmare.

Lockjaw's not great, but a favorable board for his blue or getting the right charged tile will swing it pretty decidedly in your favor, which isn't unreasonable.

I expect Blonde Widow will be pretty unbearable as well. She's so bad it's sort of impressive.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Widow will just need to go/stay invisible, shouldnt be really hard since she can make 4 invis tiles. And she has a stun (even if aint good, still useful).
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage would be great as the opponent for Kraven, you'll get the most out of his passive that way
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    veny said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    Prof X can be very frustrating, even with him being able to make Invisibility tiles.
    I remember winning with him at level 100 or so. There are far worse candidates :D
     Like IW, get invisible, load more invisible ap, match, sleep, match some more.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Nico is next, isn't she? I imagine that one will be a nightmare no matter who her opponent is. 
    I'm hoping/expecting her to go up against someone who creates friendly special tiles for us. Venom with his yellow protects tiles, Carnage with his attack tiles, Elektra with het purple strike tiles. Maybe Patch with his duality strike tiles?
    Venom would be pretty ironic because Nico never benefits from Protect tiles ;)
    Nico's health-regen does benefit from having a board full of protect tiles even though they don't screen you from damage. I don't think Nico is going to be that bad if you have her at a decent level, but I use mine quite a bit and am fairly familiar with her deal. Medusa seems likely as an opponent candidate to me. She'll be chasing 2 colors that Nico wants, has a countdown that's generally out so Nico can remove it with her blue stun, and if you aren't careful she can overwhelm you with attacks. I typically run mine at 3/5/5 to maximize the defense tiles/health, but in a 1 on 1 fight, I'd maybe switch that up to 5/3/5 so I could maximize the stun length and try to get her purple on the board a couple times. 

Lockjaw was a tough one; I did it unboosted on the first try with my champ at 5/5/3 (which is probably why it was tough...I must have had him spec'd differently than I usually do and forgot to put him back - 3/5/5 would have been better for this fight) but I wasn't at all sure it would work out across that match. I was down to under 3k health by the end of it.

I tend to agree that Widow and Jubilee are going to be pretty dismal, though at least with Widow you can hide behind her invisibility so you could theoretically do hers at 1 cover. I don't think Valkyrie will be that bad with her red attack, at least it does damage. Also her yellow has a component that will give her match damage a bonus early in the fight, even though much like Thing's Rock Solid, it's tantamount to having a 2-color character when there are no allies in the fight to trigger it.

• MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Flaptain. That's as much about his opponent as him as a character, tho.

This. I would put Falcap more in the "worse opponent" category than worse character, tho his red is SO expensive that it wouldn't be much of a fun match even with a different challenger.

I think when this cycle is over it'll boil down to Lockjaw or Kraven, tho if they put P4nther up against him, he will do some damage with all of those tiles on the board. My guess is they'll put him up against a buffed 3* Spidey for comic book sake.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    Prof X can be very frustrating, even with him being able to make Invisibility tiles.
    I remember winning with him at level 100 or so. There are far worse candidates :D
    Before or after Elektra was updated? It is a lot harder now if she gets a chance to get rolling.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Punisher has a pretty rough time of it; his black power is weak without (downed) allies, his green power is weak without multiple enemies, his blue active is just plain weak, and his blue passive only affects his (weak) blue active since his black power can't make Strike tiles in 1v1 matchups. Plus his opponent is Cap'n Carol, who punishes (ha, get it?) any black matches and has an extremely scary 1-2 punch whether you match black or allow her to do it.

I recall having a pretty hard time with Star-Lord and needing to level him up to 190 to make him last long enough; again, this is equally due to who his opponent is, as Gamora's black is absurdly powerful given that her level is scaled up and the battle is 1v1, and her green stuns him before he can make a yellow countdown.

With most other characters, I've been able to get away with fighting at level 150, or even lower in some cases (invisible characters, generally).

---

In the "story/theme" sense, it probably makes the most sense for Devil Dino, Loki, or She-Hulk to be Nico's opponent. 

I intend to give my Nico the Element Guns or Quinjet and hope for some procs.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know, lockjaw didn't seem bad to me.  On my main account he's only at like level 180 something and I beat it on the third try.  Even then it was only because torch got some ridiculous cascades on the first two.  I think the worst I've had was Starlord.  Even champed and loaded with boosts I got my behind handed to me.  Never even got close
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,103 Chairperson of the Boards
    I won with Lockjaw first go 5/5/3 lvl 147, it didn't seem too hard to be honest and his blue adds a decent amount of utility to help him even if it is board dependent so you need a bit of luck.

Star-Lord was very hard - I had to put him up to lvl 192 to crack it.