Worst characters in Crash of the Titans?

herm1978
herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
I remember the time when I had an undercovered Star-Lord (I had him with 0 red for quite long) and thought he was a horror to try to win the Crash with.

Now that I've gotten a few covers of Shuri and read up a bit on her powers, I can't say that I look forward to her turn against the Titans. Her blue and red doesn't seem like they'll do anything at all when she's solo, and green is very expensive for the effect (without fortified tiles), how are we seriously going to have any chance with an underleveled Shuri? 

Is there anyone out there that is worse than a solo Shuri?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flaptain. That's as much about his opponent as him as a character, tho. Quake doesn't have a whole lot of hitting power, so hers takes forever.

Jubilee and Blonde Widow are probably going to be hard Crashes. Lockjaw is pretty weak on his own. I can't remember who it was, even looking through my roster, but I think there was at least one other character I had trouble with because they're a support character, and don't do well on their own. Valkyrie will probably fall in that category.

Cage's crash isn't bad, just weird. Peggy's is another weird one, because her stun doesn't work one-on-one, and her yellow doesn't help against Wasp's blue.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thing - pitting a slow character against a fast one is a bit troublesome. Thing hits hard, the question is if he can get AP before Torch smokes him.
    Spider-Woman - two defensive characters going head to head? Yeah, that's fun. Particularly when both use their black powers and you get nowhere.
    Agent Coulson was a bit of a bother too, but at least Dr Strange doesn't have much life. Need to eat som Flames to win though.
    Kingpin is a bit more difficult after his rework since it will be difficult to have just one countdown on the board for Wilson's Gambit. Also, if he's undercovered you may not get much done - you need black and yellow covers to get through Cage's protect tile.
    I don't really get why War Machine is pitted against Thanos, the purple really nerfs Rhodey.

I will also say that I don't think Shuri will be that bad since she can lower her own AP costs too. Just fortify as much as you can and blast with green.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    The old Mr. F vs. Doom was far and away the worst for me. Especially since at that time you didn't have the 5 day window to complete the node.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lockjaw is just one of those characters that gotta have a really good board for their crash. My 308 champed wiped the first time cause I could never make his matches and torch kept getting his. Second won easily since I kept lucking into green, beat him easily with 14k health left.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Mr F's is definitley not easy, c4ge v gamora was tedious, and spidette v elektra gets super drawn out sometimes. Guess I got lucky with lockjaw as I was able to use his blue to call medusa and steal torchs attack tiles right after he cast em. 
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    Thing - pitting a slow character against a fast one is a bit troublesome. Thing hits hard, the question is if he can get AP before Torch smokes him.
    Spider-Woman - two defensive characters going head to head? Yeah, that's fun. Particularly when both use their black powers and you get nowhere.
    Agent Coulson was a bit of a bother too, but at least Dr Strange doesn't have much life. Need to eat som Flames to win though.
    Kingpin is a bit more difficult after his rework since it will be difficult to have just one countdown on the board for Wilson's Gambit. Also, if he's undercovered you may not get much done - you need black and yellow covers to get through Cage's protect tile.
    I don't really get why War Machine is pitted against Thanos, the purple really nerfs Rhodey.

I will also say that I don't think Shuri will be that bad since she can lower her own AP costs too. Just fortify as much as you can and blast with green.
    Oh, right, just re-read Shuris power descriptions. Her red can fortify basic tiles also. I read it as "friendly special tiles" only. Now I feel better about her.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    After today's crash: Lockjaw
    I have him champed at level 275 or so and i had to repeat it once... these support chars are pain when comes to 1v1.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:

I suspect it’s due to the events of Civil War 2
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Nico is next, isn't she? I imagine that one will be a nightmare no matter who her opponent is. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Nico is next, isn't she? I imagine that one will be a nightmare no matter who her opponent is. 
    Medusa as her opponent would be an absolute killer
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof X can be very frustrating, even with him being able to make Invisibility tiles.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Echoing other thoughts: Pre re-worked Mr.F was just stupid.

Also, this Lockjaw thing was just dumb. Wiped 3 times (one of those I would have wiped with literally any character in the game as Torch had 20+ AP in red and black on turn 3) and had to spend the time I won matching yellow off the board so I could fire his blue with something that did damage or helped (what good is heal when there are a bunch of unreachable attack tiles on the board after a shuffle). Eventually fired it with purple for Medusa's power and stole all the attacks to win.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Support characters are always going to be the worst in crashes, especially if they're dependent on a specific someone, ally or enemy, when the other character isn't present. It's basically like going in with a 0 in a cover color. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I think a lot of them try to be thematic. And the time they decided on this pairing, Civil War II was starting and...well...

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    NotBAMF said:
    I'm hoping/expecting her to go up against someone who creates friendly special tiles for us. Venom with his yellow protects tiles, Carnage with his attack tiles, Elektra with het purple strike tiles. Maybe Patch with his duality strike tiles?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    I'm hoping/expecting her to go up against someone who creates friendly special tiles for us. Venom with his yellow protects tiles, Carnage with his attack tiles, Elektra with het purple strike tiles. Maybe Patch with his duality strike tiles?
    Venom would be pretty ironic because Nico never benefits from Protect tiles ;)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR said:
    Prof X can be very frustrating, even with him being able to make Invisibility tiles.
    I remember winning with him at level 100 or so. There are far worse candidates :D
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Flaptain, Mr. Notso and now stupid dog are my worst.