R154 Release Notes (6/4/18)

Options

Comments

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe antman and wasp will be a 5* version to cloak and dagger where they have a tag in that swaps each around and their moveset changes
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MrBowers said:
    Maybe antman and wasp will be a 5* version to cloak and dagger where they have a tag in that swaps each around and their moveset changes
    Now thats something Im down for.. because I surely dont want individual 5* Antman or Wasp
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Punisher5784 I just did some testing around with boosted Okoye being paired up with 2-Star Hawkeye and Magneto. After being passively buffed by Okoye, the damage from both of their red abilities were each over 9,000. (Pun fully intended ;) )
    OVER 9000?! 

5* GOKU CONFIRMED!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To you who have updated, have any bundle deals immediately shown up?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No deal.  Check back next time.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not surprising since they covered most of the SCLs already. Just seeing if there was reason to delay updating. Thanks!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Looks like our third Young Avenger. So far we have Kate and America. Wonder who's next?

Iron Lad, Patriot, Wiccan, and Hulkling were the original group. Then Speed and Vision and Stature down the line. Ooo, maybe Stature for an early Ant-Man & The Wasp tie-in?
    June is "pride month". Wouldn't surprise me if we got Wiccan or Hulkling.
    I didn't even know they were a couple. I'm hoping for Wiccan, of the two.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    MPQ 154!
    • "Always have a fail"
    D3 motto, but there was a typo.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Edited to Final Release Notes. No changes.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

Regarding: 
    Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.

What about conditional damage, like Gambit, Iron Fist, Daken? Gambit doesn't seem to be adding damage anymore on red, while purple works fine. Not saying it necessarily should, but it'd be good to know what are the rules around additional damage.

• kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    marshall said:
    @Brigby

Regarding: 
    Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.

What about conditional damage, like Gambit, Iron Fist, Daken? Gambit doesn't seem to be adding damage anymore on red, while purple works fine. Not saying it necessarily should, but it'd be good to know what are the rules around additional damage.

Can anyone confirm Gambit red in fact noes NOT trigger the passive?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.
    Gambit Aces and Eights only does tile destruction if it hits normal tiles (first shot) and adds damage only when hitting charged tiles.  So if you fire first before the AI makes charged tiles, Okoye won’t add damage.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    • Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.
    Gambit Aces and Eights only does tile destruction if it hits normal tiles (first shot) and adds damage only when hitting charged tiles.  So if you fire first before the AI makes charged tiles, Okoye won’t add damage.
    I thought that was the way it worked too but for me okoye does not add dmg to gambit red even if you have charged tiles out
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Prepare yourself for a "Whoops...I mean it's working as intended" post later today. 
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope the synergy between Gambit and Okoye is a mistake, and not intentional... otherwise the change is a much bigger nerf.

I can understand passive tile breakers (looking at you 50% Thor), but Aces is an active power, why wouldn't she still buff that?

oh well, another benched 5, even before her boost time ends, she's no good in competitive PvP if you got the patch.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alaeth said:
    oh well, another benched 5, even before her boost time ends, she's no good in competitive PvP if you got the patch.
    Wow. We've really gotta get rid of this Gambit guy. The entire 5-star player base looks at this whole game through Gambit-glasses.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    alaeth said:
    Wow. We've really gotta get rid of this Gambit guy. The entire 5-star player base looks at this whole game through Gambit-glasses.
    Yup.  It's hard to be competitive with anyone else, unfortunately.

Especially with "CP-gate" flooding the rosters with high 400s Gambits overnight.  The landscape of top-end PvP is Gambit and.... Thor/Thanos/Bolt

It's getting a little boring, but with the speed 5s are earned, no other 5* will surpass him anytime soon (if ever).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want a Michael Pena toon. One of his powers could be "telling about that guy that knows a guy."
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MPQ 154!
    • "Always have a fail-safe"
    Cassie Lang “Stinger” of the Avengers Fail-Safe program.