Sinister Six check in

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most boss events have 5 feeder nodes to unlock the main node. This one has 6 allowing for an additional boss battle every 8 hour window. Plus I think the wave format makes each boss fight worth more than a similar round in the single boss fights like Galactus, Thanos, and Apocalypse. All this means that there are ALOT more points up for grabs with this event, but the progression points are the same as the others. Compare this to the Civil War event where there are two completely separate progression ladders with the same progression points, but we are limited to 5 feeder nodes.

I like the varying difficulty in the boss events, but will echo the comments of others to say I wish there was a little more to fill the weekend. I'll be as far as I can get with SHIELD Training later today, and then will spend my weekend halfheartedly grinding the feeder nodes for ISO.

Logan's Loonies finished this morning about 18.5 hours in, this may be a record for us too

It's actually two extra battles since there are two boss nodes that can be played four times each in an 8 hour window (initial boss node + 3 unlocks from sub node) for a total of 8 clears as opposed to a regular boss battle where the boss node can be played 6 times (initial play + 5 subnodes).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Battlecats just got done. We've been taking it easy this time around.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Yancy-St.Gang completed at about the 18-19 hour mark.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this about alliance or personal progression? If it's alliance, then you guys are really fast.
    Well, it ended up being both, for the most part. I got my personal on my last few rounds before we finished as an alliance, and I think it was the same for almost all of us. There were only a few who hadn't hit personal progression by the time we finished, but I think they all got personal progression not long after.

There's just an avalanche of points this event. We weren't even super coordinated, but I think we were into the sixth round before I even hit a side node. I think we went into round eight shortly after the eight hour mark, and then I guess quite a few of us ended up clearing, which put us over the top. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations Quackers and to all the rest enjoying an early weekend. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor

I'll leave it uncaptioned, for fear of a forum strike... but you know what it's from :)

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ^ No idea what the above references.   I'd tell you about assumptions but you know it  ;)

Anyway Fluffers finished at ~12:20 PM today so just barely over 24 hours.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I knew something seemed off when I got off work and my Alliance was already in Round 6. Generally we make it to round 4 within that first 8-hour cycle. Not complaining about that, just wish I had something else to hit for iso now in the meantime aside from 6 really jacked-up bosses. Carnage hasn't been much of a problem when I fight him at any other point but first, but when I get him out the gate he spams abilities before I get the AP to really fight back. He's almost single-handedly dropped my 40K+ health Cho and Red Hulk several times. 
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    abmoraz said:

I'll leave it uncaptioned, for fear of a forum strike... but you know what it's from :)

Perfect
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Was SS this short the first run?  When I left for work this morning, I'd already hit personal progression, and we were maybe 2-3 members' clears away from alliance progression.  Most boss events lately have taken us (the alliance) until at least the evening after, ~ 30 hr after start.  This one barely lasted 20.  The side nodes hadn't even ramped up the difficulty yet!  I vaguely remember the first run lasting at least into the weekend.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Chaos Council ended sometime in the middle of the night. Pretty easy run with it
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roaches finished with about 3.5 hours to go for our second ever completion of a boss event.
    8 (maybe 9, only 5k away, you can do it) of us managed max progression, some of us managed 3x or 4x max progression just to get us over the line.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Woke up this morning to a Latest Legendary from my alliance completing Round 8, nice!

One particular member clocked up about 4million points, amazing work