MtGPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/18/18)

Options
13»

Comments

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    need new schedule...
  • Hatter
    Hatter Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You all went into slacking mode because of E3, time to get back into the game, so to speak
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    (6/18/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh joy, nothing to do but another Emrakul's Corruption next week.  Why not at least re-run the Dominaria PvE events @Brigby?  Honestly... come on man!
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Oh joy, nothing to do but another Emrakul's Corruption next week.  Why not at least re-run the Dominaria PvE events @Brigby?  Honestly... come on man!
    It seems the game is going two directions:
    Long coalition events on the weekends and almost nothing during the week.
    I'm playing in a quite large group of 6+ coalitions and people is begging for shorter coalition events and more non coalition events during the week.
    Recently many players quit for the same reason (too much grind on occasion and nothing to do otherwise)
    It is becoming more and more difficult to motivate players to not quit.
    Thanks for listening
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    More events please,nothing to do during the weekday.Now I won’t spend money on any new planeswalkers&cards because there is too little content to play.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ayuready7 said:
    More events please,nothing to do during the weekday.Now I won’t spend money on any new planeswalkers&cards because there is too little content to play.
    Not having anything to do is the main reason I'm not buying cards and walkers. I really don't understand why there is such a dearth of content. 1 coalition event and no legacy PVP is lame. I'd like to see one legacy PVP event a week and 1 more mid-week coalition event. That kind of schedule makes me WANT to spend money.
  • Brigby
    Options
    While this is purely anecdotal, since I haven't spoken with the team yet, I would speculate that they're trying to play it safe with the events, considering the recent server issues surrounding them.

My guess is that they are working on investigating events and the servers right now, which is why they kept this week light on content again.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    While this is purely anecdotal, since I haven't spoken with the team yet, I would speculate that they're trying to play it safe with the events, considering the recent server issues surrounding them.

My guess is that they are working on investigating events and the servers right now, which is why they kept this week light on content again.
    This makes a lot of sense. Then a little more communication would help understanding what is going on.
    Anyway thanks for the guessing
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby we're feeling pretty starved for information. Could you ask the development team for something? Just a scrap of a hint on what they have planned next would go a long way.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

This is a good case for giving us more of the individual PvE events where losing a match to an error isn't a huge deal because you're not charge-limited and there's nothing but your individual progression on the line.

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby
     can we foresee the next week schedule ?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

The explanation sounds not unlikely, any light you can shine on this? Maybe it's patch day?
    No events for today and tomorrow and a bugged EC for the beginning of this week.. That's really boring.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby can we see the schedule for next week? Please have more stuff, please have more stuff!
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gabrosin said:
    Brigby said:

This is a good case for giving us more of the individual PvE events where losing a match to an error isn't a huge deal because you're not charge-limited and there's nothing but your individual progression on the line.

Yes, could have an individual PvE event from Wednesday to Thursday. 
  • Brigby
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Brigby can we see the schedule for next week? Please have more stuff, please have more stuff!
    I'm working on the July Sneak Peek right now, so I should be able to post it within the next 30 minutes or so.

Update: Here it is: July Sneak Peek
  • Hatter
    Hatter Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Brigby A World Reborn, two nodes, normal recharge and low rewards ladder, this event is easy, after 4:00pm Saturday EST, your only playing for coalition points for the next almost two days, and the bug in points for second node is still broken needs another node or half recharge time or 2 playable in both nodes for full recharge and maybe 300 points final reward ladder, please
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No, this event should stay the way it is. We have way too many grind events already. But there should be non-coalition events on at all times so everybody can keep playing as much as they like without the permanent pressure to perform at their best in a coalition event.
    If existing events can actually be changed at all, it's the five-node ones that need to see one or two nodes eliminated and the completely ridiculous event length should be reduced to two days of charges. Many times I've seen the suggestion to allow more than the current six hours after the last recharge. That would be a good way to have a three day event. But three or four days of charges or events that start with fifteen charges like HoD shouldn't exist at all.