MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm having fun in this Loki pvp, but i'm really struggling to get up over 800 because I keep trying out hilarious (but unboosted )countdown teams and splashing down lol. 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    *(6/12/18) Lakestone (via Brigby) - Updated Versus events, Story events, and weekly buffs
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking good for the week ahead!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @LakeStone @Brigby
    we used to have quite a reliabe order for featured 3* pvp, with just a couple of exceptions. Ok, we now get extra 4* pvp in between, thats cool, but is there any reason to mix up the old order like documented here https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69136/featured-3-character-pvp-event-dates#latest

I think many of us use a list like this to keep track of which level 266 we can safely sell. You kinda screwing that up a bit...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman. Loki.  Daken. Wiccan. What do they have in common?  Hint:  Pride month. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Hope we get America at some point then
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    @LakeStone @Brigby
    we used to have quite a reliabe order for featured 3* pvp, with just a couple of exceptions. Ok, we now get extra 4* pvp in between, thats cool, but is there any reason to mix up the old order like documented here https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69136/featured-3-character-pvp-event-dates#latest

I think many of us use a list like this to keep track of which level 266 we can safely sell. You kinda screwing that up a bit...
    The days of me trying to figure out the PVP schedule is out the window. Daken was next in the line up after Loki, but with four stars added, it's gonna be the wild west
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we PLEASE get more than TWO days "sneak preview" on PVE?

Maybe 14 days, like you know, the time after which a cover expires?
    Maybe people may want to prioritize their championing order on required 5* chars in PVE.

Or base ANYTHING on more than two days notice.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Maybe people may want to prioritize their championing order on required 5* chars in PVE.

The 5E is very predictable.  Next up is Black Widow, then JJ, BeardCap, then Okoye.  

The remaining vintage 5’s in this order are:

Banner
    *Daredevil
    Strange
    Phoenix
    *Gambit
    Cap FA
    OML
    BPanther
    Thanos

Then starting again with Surfer, IIRC.

Latests are going to cycle in and run in release order.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Also, after the boss event, we should either have Unstable iso-8 4 day, or Thick as Thieves, based on longest ago run Events.

Edit:  So I didn’t see that the tracking spreadsheet had already been updated for Honor Among Thieves next. Expect one of the above events soon, though. Very exciting, haven’t seen them in a month or so.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Also, after the boss event, we should either have Unstable iso-8 4 day, or Thick as Thieves, based on longest ago run Events.

Honor Among Thieves is already confirmed as the event after the boss event. Did you mean the one after that?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:

The 5E is very predictable.  Next up is Black Widow, then JJ, BeardCap, then Okoye.  

Banner
    *Daredevil
    Strange
    Phoenix
    *Gambit
    Cap FA
    OML
    BPanther
    Thanos

I don't care if it's predictable or not.
    3* PVPs were predictable for the longest time, and now suddenly they're not anymore.

Give us the schedule two weeks in advance.
    Not rocket science.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:

Banner
    *Daredevil
    Strange
    Phoenix
    *Gambit
    Cap FA
    OML
    BPanther
    Thanos

What's the pattern?  I never figured one out (thought I didn't try that hard either...)

Bowgentle said:

Give us the schedule two weeks in advance.
    Not rocket science.
    You're right it's not.
    They are madly in love with RNG and don't want us to know.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby already commented about how adverse they were to giving out information too far in advance on the basis of potential changes that can happen before in-game content arrives. Even when something has been spoiled elsewhere (like the entire Inifinity War release schedule!) it doesn't seem to change the process. I guess the nearer you are to releasing it, the less chance of anybody finding something to complain about in advance.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Pardon the silly question, but how does Loki fit with that clue? If you can't already tell, I'm far from a Marvel  Comics buff. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    In Norse Mythology Loki is genderfluid. If I remember rightly he gave birth to a horse this one time. I guess that makes him pansexual too, even if not in the way we usually use the word.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pardon the silly question, but how does Loki fit with that clue? If you can't already tell, I'm far from a Marvel  Comics buff. 
    He was also a unicorn, so there's that too....
    https://screenrant.com/loki-crazy-alternate-versions-ranked-thor/

The one I wasn't sure about is Daken cause I know very little about him other than he's Wolvie's son and one time Wolvie killed him by drowning him in a puddle (or something weird like that...)

Would have figured they'd use Valkyrie over Bobby since Ragnorok is more recent in the pop culture cycle.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2018
    Options
    granne said:
    In Norse Mythology Loki is genderfluid. If I remember rightly he gave birth to a horse this one time. I guess that makes him pansexual too, even if not in the way we usually use the word.
    He’s also assumed female gender in comic arcs.

Edit:  Daken is bisexual in the comics.

The 5E pattern was established in the first go round. They are repeating it exactly, except for inserting “new Vintage” into the order at the point where they last ran as a Latest. Ex:  Banner ran as a Classic 5E.  After that they ran 3 Latests and DD had his last time being featured as a Latest 5E.  So that makes him come after Banner now.

There was no logic in cycle #1.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    granne said:

The 5E pattern was established in the first go round. They are repeating it exactly, except for inserting “new Vintage” into the order at the point where they last ran as a Latest. Ex:  Banner ran as a Classic 5E.  After that they ran 3 Latests and DD had his last time being featured as a Latest 5E.  So that makes him come after Banner now.

You could be right on the pattern, but based on 1 run, its not very reliable from d3 imo.. but unfortunately there is no alternative
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    granne said:

Can you post that full cycle if it's not posted elsewhere?