MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As much as I hate the new draw rates for tokens it will all be worth it if we finally start getting more 4* PVP.  3* PVP is one of the most stale aspects of the game imho. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't pay attention enough to know if there's a set pattern on who the progression 4* is for the next event.  I looked back at a few of the old threads, and it seems to be the middle color for the placement rewards for the current event.  

For The Hunt, the rewards are listed as:

Placement Rewards: 
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Red, Yellow, Black

So, does this mean yellow is the progression reward for the next event?  My 10/2/5 Valkyrie would like to know.  Thanks.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I notice there's a tendency for 4* progression reward cover to begin with the 2nd colour, followed by the 3rd colour, and then to the 1st colour. For Valkyrie, her order of colours is:

1st: Red
    2nd: Black
    3rd: Yellow

Her black progression cover was available on 25 March. So, it's very likely to be yellow as the next progression colour.

The order might not be accurate if it falls on a 7-day story event or a boss event.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Thanks Hound.  It shouldn't be a boss since that was last week, and if 7 days, that nets 2 progression covers; so I'm crossing my fingers I'm good.  Thanks.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aren't we due for an update?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
     jackstar0 said:
    Aren't we due for an update?

I keep hitting F5, hoping for the best. I leave work in a bit, it usually comes out when I'm driving home
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/08/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • jackstar0
    Options
    Thanks, Briggles.
  • jackstar0
    Options
    So... is PvP 50/50 3*s/4*s now? 

Not complaining, just curious.

Also, kinda nice to see BiB come around as 5* essential.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So Loki PVP then maybe Daken after Iceman, guess the fairly consistent 3* rotation has been thrown out the window!  Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Everyone will always complain about anything that isn't in their best interest.

If they didn't offer loaners in PvP, then I'd agree that it was a "kick in the balls" to 3* players to feature a 4* character. But they do offer a loaner, whom you will never spend a health pack on, and having one character on your team that's dead weight to you because they're under-leveled compared to the others is no more of a drag than having to use a 3* character alongside your champed and boosted 4* characters, or worse yet your 5* team. What balances things out is that you're playing against other people at your level, so by and large they have to deal with the same thing that you do.

The only people that the current iteration of PvP benefits are those with developed 3* rosters but who haven't started the 4* transition. Trust me, you're in your salad days of PvP play, enjoy it while it lasts.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't pay attention enough to know if there's a set pattern on who the progression 4* is for the next event.  I looked back at a few of the old threads, and it seems to be the middle color for the placement rewards for the current event.  

For The Hunt, the rewards are listed as:

Placement Rewards: 
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Red, Yellow, Black

So, does this mean yellow is the progression reward for the next event?  My 10/2/5 Valkyrie would like to know.  Thanks.
    Of the three offered as Placement Rewards, the one in the middle will be the Progression Reward in the next event, yeah.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume the purple Magneto covers are supposed to be blue...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did pretty well in the C&D pvp because they are one of my higher base level 4*s, but the next one I have a terrible un-champed Iceman, so I'm very curious how this will go. I still feel like he is on the under-appreciated end of top-tier, and is going to be a huge problem for those without their own champs if you're banking on a loaner. In other news: Loki/C4rol/Mockingbird is a very fun team even though the wingpersons are un-boosted.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    I did pretty well in the C&D pvp because they are one of my higher base level 4*s, but the next one I have a terrible un-champed Iceman, so I'm very curious how this will go. I still feel like he is on the under-appreciated end of top-tier, and is going to be a huge problem for those without their own champs if you're banking on a loaner. In other news: Loki/C4rol/Mockingbird is a very fun team even though the wingpersons are un-boosted.
    Clagger's one of my higher 4*s, and I found my float point a lot lower in this event than other's.  My float point was almost a hundred points lower than the normal 3* pvp.  If this is indicative of the new pvp (rather than rng in my slice), count me as not liking more 4*pvp.  With my point total aside, I think that 4* pvp will just me a healthpack sink and draw out matches since 4* have higher health.  Add the inevitable supports to pvp, and these matches are going to be worse... not looking forward to that...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder about the health pool thing; It seems like the delta between baby champ and loaner, and high covered champ is much more pronounced at the 4* tier. I suspect it will seriously favor the haves over the have-nots. Particularly as we get into the top tier characters of yesteryear's meta, where most of us that started transitioning during vaulting or just after aren't going to have them well covered yet. Like with that Peggy pvp a few weeks back, that was a real grindhouse.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clagger's one of my higher 4*s, and I found my float point a lot lower in this event than other's.  My float point was almost a hundred points lower than the normal 3* pvp.  If this is indicative of the new pvp (rather than rng in my slice), count me as not liking more 4*pvp.  With my point total aside, I think that 4* pvp will just me a healthpack sink and draw out matches since 4* have higher health.  Add the inevitable supports to pvp, and these matches are going to be worse... not looking forward to that...
    It could well be that the jump from 3* to 4* required character bumped you up over a MMR threshold or something.

I found it to be a real slog, but the fact that the last couple of boost lists have been just awful for my roster probably had as much to do with that as anything.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The competition was tough in the C&D pvp I suspect because mine boosted over 400 and I definitely misjudged my float point – I left myself out all night unshielded thinking I was low enough to be OK and bam got hit for 190 points (and that included several defensive wins!!!!). Lesson learned though I made it to over 900 and a top 25 finish and I’m hoping the experience will translate going forward into the Iceman PvP where he is champed but not with too many levels on him.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

The competition was tough in the C&D pvp I suspect because mine boosted over 400 and I definitely misjudged my float point – I left myself out all night unshielded thinking I was low enough to be OK and bam got hit for 190 points (and that included several defensive wins!!!!). Lesson learned though I made it to over 900 and a top 25 finish and I’m hoping the experience will translate going forward into the Iceman PvP where he is champed but not with too many levels on him.

Every player has their own approach, but there’s nothing wrong with floating low early and gathering some retals from good teams. It’s a good bet you can hit them back for really nice points.

Looking forward to finding out about Wiccan’s release event, hopefully later today.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Every player has their own approach, but there’s nothing wrong with floating low early and gathering some retals from good teams. It’s a good bet you can hit them back for really nice points.

Looking forward to finding out about Wiccan’s release event, hopefully later today.
    Yeah, it was an unexpected side effect but it all worked out OK.